Memorymoon ME80 going 64 bit

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

BBFG# wrote:Installers should always have the option to choose the path, updates need to always scan where those paths are.
On that I agree. And yes, Cakewalk's stuff is a horrible mess...

BBFG# wrote:Installers should always have the option to choose the path, updates need to always scan where those paths are.
It used to be like that in the Windows 95-XP era. All programs had installers that gave precise path options (into which you could copy/paste your desired path), for every aspect of the program you were installing. You could choose everything yourself and had to know how to choose well.

After Vista, the developers dumbed down their installers. Now it's slightly moved towards whatever the developer thinks is right, and too hell with your opinion man!

That combined with the change from Win XP to later Win's folder structure, and now we have a ton of options providing the confusion.

The best way is to give the user the control over where the files are going, because each user has their own system, their own logic. And that logic works for them and their productivity. If things used to be like that before with ancient OSes, which was perfect, they can be again.
"The educated person is one who knows how to find out what he does not know" - George Simmel
“It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.” - John Wooden

Well, ME80 version 2.3 is here with some great improvements (and I only noticed it last week), thanks to Gunnare and the team :

Thank you for the beautiful unison modes, with rich parameters, giving a lot sound possibilities (and for the 12 voices instead of 8 ).
Thank you for the new descending settings of the ribbon, a real improvement (even if not well documented).
Thank you especially for the fxb/fxp manager. It’s simple, basic, but very useful. It could be improved, but as is, it is a very good new for the Mac users like me.
But… I noted two bugs (with OSX, 10.11.6 version) :
The first one is annoying : saved fxp are unusable. Something is saved, but when loaded afterwards, the result is whatsoever but not what was saved. On the other side, fxb are saved and loaded without problems.
The other one is very minor. The preset up and preset down arrows (under the bank menu) are reversed (or I did not understand something?).
I hope this will soon be fixed. As I wrote it before, I hope also a more complete and up to date manual, and the new skin for the normal size (with less grey keys).

But as it is, I love it. Great work. Compliments.

I only realized that ME80 has been updated to v2.3 now :oops:

I bought it at v2.2 in 2015. How do I get access to download v2.3 ?

I got downloads to v2.2 delivered by E-mail when I bought it, and at the site there are only v2.3 demo files with sound dropouts.

Revisit the link from the e-mail.

Thanks, then I got:

ME80v2_3_BIG_Installer_64bit.msi

:)

Hello Numa and ED !
EvilDragon wrote:Revisit the link from the e-mail.
Yes.

These links that we receive from Gunnar when we purchase one of his instruments are very important to keep in a safe place. Because they are definitively permanent links. So the only real way to be permanently at the last version of his instruments is to sometimes reload the target of these links, because Gunnar has preferred to maintain these personal links for each user rather than building a complex "user account" for every one.
My trick: I have them in a Word document (itself saved in the same directory that my Gunnar's plugins installation files), having just to open it and to do a Ctrl-click on each of the links to redownload automatically the last version of my three licensed instruments from Gunnar... It has seemed for me a better solution than to browse my tons of old emails.

Beware also the preset banks of his instruments. They too are never announced by Gunnar when there are some new banks, Gunnar having said that it is the responsibility of each musician to visit the web site from times to times... and I totally agree with him. It saves a lot of money when the website is done by one man (he also allowed me to distribute MinimogueVA by hosting it on my web space). For that purpose (the check-up of the list of preset banks), there is only one way: revisit from times to times the list of banks for each of the three (currently) instruments. They all are in the tables of this page.

I reload my three instruments each trimester, and I simply compare the compilation date of the dlls (found in the zip files) with those which are currently installed in my studio, then I do a quick check-up of the tables of presets. Once per trimester it is not boring, so...
:D

Cheers!
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

So, where does the new version install the data files? I can't find any official documentation about the new version.

EDIT: ok, the data is in users\public\documents\ME80

Chris-S wrote:
So, where does the new version install the data files? I can't find any official documentation about the new version.

EDIT: ok, the data is in users\public\documents\ME80
Strange...

... because for the me the installer have put them simply in the same folder than the dll itself. And it hasn't created any folder ME80 in the tree C:\users\public\documents\
:)

Are you sure that you have the very last edition ? (with the timestamp of the dll at 2016-08/24 19:32)
:?:
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.

I installed the ME80v2.3_BIG_Installer_32bit.msi, size: 3.864.064 Bytes.

And the extra banks installer from the memorymoon website.

BlackWinny wrote:... because for the me the installer have put them simply in the same folder than the dll itself. And it hasn't created any folder ME80 in the tree C:\users\public\documents\
The Banks and Preset are installed to that location

Chris-S wrote:I installed the ME80v2.3_BIG_Installer_32bit.msi, size: 3.864.064 Bytes.

And the extra banks installer from the memorymoon website.
Mine is the big version too but 64-bit (ME80v2_3_BIG_x64.dll) and the size (mine is 8.822.784 bytes).

I'm going to try with the 32-bit edition (big GUI always) and uninstalling previously my 64-bit (I'll reinstall it just after, as it needs only a few seconds).

Result : Ah exact ! The 32-bit edition behave differently than the 64-bit edition. I just see now that even after having launched a first instance if any file would be created only at this time):
  1. Only the dll is installed by the 32-bit installer (not the FXB files which come with the 64-bit installer).
  2. It doesn't create anything in C:\users\public\documents\ (no new file and no new subfolder)
  3. It doesn't create anything either in my own C:\users\<myself>\documents\ (no new file and no new subfolder, meaning that actually the 32-bit edition doesn't install the embedded fxb files which are provided with the 64-bit edition).
And my 32-bit dll is named ME80v2_3_BIG.dll, its size is 8.598.016 bytes, and the timestamp of the dll is 2016-08-24 19:35.

Numanoid wrote:
BlackWinny wrote:... because for the me the installer have put them simply in the same folder than the dll itself. And it hasn't created any folder ME80 in the tree C:\users\public\documents\
The Banks and Preset are installed to that location
Yes, Numa, it seems obvious now that I don't have the same version than you and Chris.

Could you, Chris and you Numa, tell us what is the timestamp of your respective dlls (in 32-bit and also in 64-bit if any) ? It would allow to check if it is me or if it is you who have the last 32-bit compiled edition.

Size of the 32bit DLL is: 8.598.016 Bytes, and timestamp: 24.08.2016 19:35.

Chris-S wrote:Size of the 32bit DLL is: 8.598.016 Bytes, and timestamp: 24.08.2016 19:35.
Ha ha !

Don't look furthermore, Chris and Numa !
:party:

Chris having exactly the same timestamp than me for his 32 bit edition, I have dived a bit deeper in what could have done that difference in the behavior... and I understand now:

The difference is that I had never used the "Banks installer"... I had always installed my banks myself manually.

That's why I had never had these subfolders created in the "public\document" tree (after my test it appears clearly that it is it which creates the directory in Public/Documents, not the installer of the synth itself). I had always done manually. And using the menu "Bank / File selector" or "Load bank" I got the same result as you both but with my banks in the same folder than the dll. Meaning that it is perfectly possible to have the banks installed everywhere you want.
:D

Return to “Instruments”