Magix Samplitude - Just jumped ship from Cubase 8

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Samplitude Pro X

tbritton wrote:I cannot help but agree with you wholeheartedly, Coxy. I've been with these folks since the SekD 2496 product line, and their dedication to quality audio programming has been unflagging all these years.

Terry
I agree with the both of you. Yes, I know the whole long debate, all the math, digital bits and explanations, but a couple of DAWs just do sound better to me. I'm fully with Samplitude Pro X Suite these days after a long journey and a lot of wasted time trying to get other workstations to be setup to my requirements and to work properly. Although Samp is quite customizable itself, it only took about a half hour to add a few menu icons and tweak its layout, whereas another customizable DAW was looking to take forever to get control of its mongrel menus and very amateurish stock setup.

But my and others ears tell the best story: Samp Pro X 3 just sounds better. (must say, Mixbus is much more stable lately and has a really good sound as well.)

There is an easy answer to this. You direct cranial jack a Lavry DA10 into an AD10 using solid metal XLR adaptors and get the DAWSUM fanatics to retest using the shortest possible analog bridge back into the digital domain, running DAWs under stress, and compare the outputs using metering and NULL testing. Any differeces above the 21st bit would be conclusive. That’s the only way to convince those who beat their chests and rend their garments over all DAWs sounding the same. But hey, who needs facts when you’ve got ears and faith.

Cubase 8 still for sale? :P

sqigls wrote:Cubase 8 still for sale? :P
It's a bumped thread from june 2015 - and a sudden campaign from Magix community to promote Samp.

even the name - Magix - is a failure.

HanafiH wrote:There is an easy answer to this. You direct cranial jack a Lavry DA10 into an AD10 using solid metal XLR adaptors and get the DAWSUM fanatics to retest using the shortest possible analog bridge back into the digital domain, running DAWs under stress, and compare the outputs using metering and NULL testing. Any differeces above the 21st bit would be conclusive. That’s the only way to convince those who beat their chests and rend their garments over all DAWs sounding the same. But hey, who needs facts when you’ve got ears and faith.
It's not technics and measurements that decide what's pleasing to the humand mind - it's the ears and the brain.

lfm wrote:
It's a bumped thread from june 2015 - and a sudden campaign from Magix community to promote Samp.
If you don't like Samlitude - for whatever reasons - why not stimply stay away from this thread instead of spreading your conspiracy theories?

Skorpius wrote:
lfm wrote:
If you don't like Samlitude - for whatever reasons - why not stimply stay away from this thread instead of spreading your conspiracy theories?
Because it's public forum - that's why.

If you want all fanboi input - you could stay on Magix forum as I see it.

Suddenly an 19 month old thread is bumped, and filled with how Samp really sound better than any other daw?

I never saw Samp mentioned, as I recall, in special threads like "Does some daws sound better" kind of topic.

But here it is filled with propaganda like that. Suddenly out of nowhere...

Go on general forums only if you expect a varied response. That's kind of the idea....

My main reason for dropping Samp ProX2 was that even Waves threw them out as supported for VST3 - and I am heavily invested in Waves products. Magix maintenance is second to everybody....I downloaded latest patch from april 2016 and it was still not fixed, I cannot even scan Waves VST3 shell without crashing, and neither could Waves support remoting my machine. And then they release ProX3 instead?????

sqigls wrote:even the name - Magix - is a failure.
That's sounds like an unjustified throwaway remark. What are your reasons for saying that? Have you ever tried Samplitude? I'm interested to know.

Regards
Kraznet
Asus Z97-A| i7 4770K|32GB DDR3|Samsung 850 Pro 512 SSD System|Crucial 960gb SSD A/V|Crucial 960 SSD Samples|GTX 960 2GB|RME Raydat|Windows 10 x64, Philips 40" 4K
My Samplitude/Sequoia Tutorials are here :
http://www.youtube.com/kraznet

I'll give it a go sometime. I got a free copy with my Fireface about 12 years ago :P I'll look into it anyway.

the name "Magix", to me, sounds like a good name for a company that sells cheap knock-off audio products.
or action figures or something.
It just sounds very very wack.

sqigls wrote:the name "Magix", to me, sounds like a good name for a company that sells cheap knock-off audio products.
Whatever it sounds like to you, I can assure you that your intuitive response and reaction is not working for you very well (or accurately) this time. This company has provided software for beginners, intermediates, advanced and professional users for many years.

Terry

sqigls wrote:I'll give it a go sometime. I got a free copy with my Fireface about 12 years ago :P I'll look into it anyway.

the name "Magix", to me, sounds like a good name for a company that sells cheap knock-off audio products.
I may be way off but I thought it came from a split with eMagic years ago :shrug:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

tbritton wrote:
sqigls wrote:the name "Magix", to me, sounds like a good name for a company that sells cheap knock-off audio products.
Whatever it sounds like to you, I can assure you that your intuitive response and reaction is not working for you very well (or accurately) this time. This company has provided software for beginners, intermediates, advanced and professional users for many years.

Terry
Oh Hi Terry :)
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Hink wrote:
sqigls wrote:I'll give it a go sometime. I got a free copy with my Fireface about 12 years ago :P I'll look into it anyway.

I may be way off but I thought it came from a split with eMagic years ago :shrug:
Actually eMagic, creators of eMagic Logic, was who were bought by Apple, producing Logic Pro. They also created one of the best patch librarians and editors ever, SoundDiver (with tremendous support by the author himself, Michael Hayden, back then), but that portion of the product line was immediately dropped by Apple after the acquisition.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emagic

Here is the very brief history of Magix. Samplitude was originally a project that became Sek'D (formerly Hohner Midia). (Wikipedia Samplitude Article) It was my understanding back then that it had originated as a university project, but I cannot find info confirming that. My first version of Samplitude was the one called Sek'D Samplitude 2496. Here is an old review comparing it with another version.

Hey, Hink! Finally joined SoundClick, and you've got a new follower! :-)

Terry

ok i checked it out. It's only for WINDOWS... PFFT serious?
must be a cracker.
274 employees and they can't manage to port it to OSX?
furry muff then

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”