Is it so complex to make uplifting trance ?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi !

This is just a question, as I always been interested by uplifting trance.

But, when I see people here speaking of it, sometimes I see people that say that :

"There is a lot and a lot of complex layering" - "All the sounds are highly processed, a tons of effects are applied just for a simple reverb" etc etc.

This kind or arguments give me the impression that producing trance is a kind of voodoo thing.

And I don't really understand...

When I listen to it, yes I feel that there is an interesting work on basslines layers and on the atmosphere, but I don't feel that there is 10000 plugins activated...
I just feel that the producer has a great musical knowledge, a good monitoring system, and is creative...

What I say is that I don't feel this is too technic...

I mean yes this is complex, but I don't understand why some people are saying that...

For me, there is just a good use of EQ, compressors, and audio effects, but nothing else...

So, if someone into that could give me informations, it would be great.

there's two types of uplifting trance... the kind you can hear on a BT album and takes months of hard work on a single track, and the cookie-cutter throwaway ibiza kind which is essentially raw nexus presets

Everything is relative. Making tarnce is less complicated than composing a classical symphony, but more complicated than eating a bag of Doritos.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

The most uplifting trance track IMO is Binary Finary '98, and deconstructing that it is in principle quite simple, the keys are:

C F G
G A A#

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”