Oberheim SEM-X

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

uh-oh ... two voice in euro-rack. I've been dodging Euro-rack. But, may have to take the plunge.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

Yeah, that looks pretty good. If I were just starting out, I'd be very tempted.

One thing to keep in mind, for better or worse, is that none of the modern SEMs sound all that much like the originals. They sound good, but significantly different.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

deastman wrote:Yeah, that looks pretty good. If I were just starting out, I'd be very tempted.

One thing to keep in mind, for better or worse, is that none of the modern SEMs sound all that much like the originals. They sound good, but significantly different.
The new-ish two voice and four voice actually sounds really close. The modules don't.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

SJ_Digriz wrote:uh-oh ... two voice in euro-rack. I've been dodging Euro-rack. But, may have to take the plunge.
I've been drooling over this since it was announced last year. I think when I have some money to spend though, my first new modules might be Tom's new effects.
I wish I could sing as well as the voices inside my head...

http://www.cdbaby.com/darkvictory

Yeah, Oberheim stuff seems slow to production. That sequencer looks really nice though. Tom must've heard how easy these things seem to sell.

The new Two-Voice might be the most gorgeous synth I've ever seen. Seems there are a few bugs, at least thats what I've read. Hope they get worked out soon. I'd love to have one as a primary eurorack controller with all of those patch points and sequencer.
Logic Pro X : Prophet Rev2, Blofeld, Toraiz-AS1, Model D, Minibrute, MOTU 828x, Presonus Eris E7's, dozens of pedals

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”