RAPID Synthesizer | Rapid 1.8.0 released | Free "SP - Granular Elements"

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic

starflakeprj wrote:
docam28 wrote:
starflakeprj wrote:Anyway, regarding the midi learn feature I'm sure (until Parawave ha implemented this) you can assign any knob in Rapid to Reaper, and from there assign them to your midi controller. Myself I have never (that I can remember) used the midi learn feature in any synth plugin :)
I always use "MIDI Learn" directly from synth knobs/faders (all synths I'm using - including free TyrellN6 - permit this), okay, excellent idea, I'll investigate about REAPER to try to bypass this (temporary? :D) restriction... Thanks a lot!

EDIT: may be useful for another users here (using REAPER)...

- By using mouse, move relevant knob or fader (must be lastest touched control from RAPID).
- From REAPER, select menu "Actions" then "Show action list...".
- From incoming "Actions" window, simply type Learn into "Filter" (text input).
- Click on FX: set MIDI Learn for last touched FX parameter from displayed list, then click "Run/close" button.
- A new window appears (its title is "MIDI/OSC Learn"), now move knob (or fader) you'll want to assign from your MIDI controller (or control surface), then click "OK".
I guess you have tested by now, but I fired Reaper up, and there wasn't any problems assigning any knob using "Learn" when pressing the "Param" button in the instrument wrapper.

Edit: Oops, I missed your updated post :)
Yes of course, I've found it by YT video by Reno Mellow - in French my language - not really explicit because he're using customized REAPER, but his video helps for "direction" to go (sorry for my English).

This tip works (despite it isn't user friendly).

However, I can't "force" my DAW to consider CC#64 (with 127) to hold note(s). Too bad...
Core i9-9900KF @4.5GHz, 32GB RAM, 8TB, RTX 2080, Windows 10 Pro x64, Bitwig Studio 4, REAPER 6, UR22C, BX5-D2, KK S61 MK2, Chromaphone 3, Discovery Pro, DUNE 3, Komplete 13 Select, Mercury-4, OP-X PRO-II, SynthMaster 2, RAPID, VPS Avenger, Scaler 2...

docam28 wrote:...
However, I can't "force" my DAW to consider CC#64 (with 127) to hold note(s). Too bad...
Here is a (temporary) solution for you.

Look at "CC64 emulator plugin". You can download all midi tools in one file.

It works in great in Reaper. It also 'holds' Rapid's playing arps and sequences . :) The only caveat is: it disables Pitch Bend . :(

There is an alternative, S-CC-Sustain-Lite, but that is 32-bit only.

zxant wrote:

It works in great in Reaper. It also 'holds' Rapid's playing arps and sequences . :) The only caveat is: it disables Pitch Bend . :(

Thank you very much for these tips (in particular CC64 emulator plug) I'll try it ASAP, for me sustain pedal is more important than pitchbend wheel (I'm playing mainly evolving pads - long sustains - my style is movie soundtracks btw PB is rarely used).

EDITED: CC64 emulator works fine, assuming it's a temporary solution, however... thanks again! :clap:
Core i9-9900KF @4.5GHz, 32GB RAM, 8TB, RTX 2080, Windows 10 Pro x64, Bitwig Studio 4, REAPER 6, UR22C, BX5-D2, KK S61 MK2, Chromaphone 3, Discovery Pro, DUNE 3, Komplete 13 Select, Mercury-4, OP-X PRO-II, SynthMaster 2, RAPID, VPS Avenger, Scaler 2...

docam28 wrote:
zxant wrote:

Thank you very much for these tips (in particular CC64 emulator plug) I'll try it ASAP, for me sustain pedal is more important than pitchbend wheel (I'm playing mainly evolving pads - long sustains - my style is movie soundtracks btw PB is rarely used).

EDITED: CC64 emulator works fine, assuming it's a temporary solution, however... thanks again! :clap:
Hey docam, happy to help! :)

I feel the same way about Sustain Pedal, find it indispensable! Not only for playing, but also when tweaking sounds or making new sounds.

Edit: I've also found that cc64emu also blocks other controls like Aftertouch. :(

:idea: (BTW. You can use the alternative on 64-bit by running it in 32-bit Savihost with a virtual midi cable like Loopbe. That should work.)

docam28 wrote:Display bug isn't critical. Renaming solve it, I agree. What's mean 143 MPB in filename? (is it BPM, instead?)
cheers. you can play that preset in a BPM you want. it is allways synced. also when you screw down the bpm while playing. I called it with the 143BPM note, because for me it sounds best at 143BPM ;-)

My father.. a german engineer, used to ask: 143 what? ..Potatoes? :lol: :party:

I guess it's: Mashed-Potatoe-Breakfast... per minute.
Breakfast of champions!
- WonderEcho -

Potato vodka is the only true Breakfast for champions. 8)

docam28 wrote:
parawave wrote:
docam28 wrote:No more activities from Parawave website concerning RAPID Synthesizer (Windows) since long time, staying at v1.0.2, ignored sustain pedal remains unfixed..
Updates are still in development. I'm not a fan of daily/weekly updates. It's annoying for us AND customers. The next version will include cool new stuff. As long as there is no public announcement that development is discontinued, don't worry. Research, planning and testing just takes time.
Since TWO MONTHS you can't implement sustain pedal support? really is it a joke???? :(
Is it too difficult to add "On/Off" checkbox from "Preferences" page? - oups, no "Preferences" page too... :dog: to enable or disable the sustain pedal, one of important feature like Modwheel and Pitchbend.

I don't mean about daily/weekly updates, but for a VSTi not updated since two months!

Also, where is the "MIDI Learn" feature? can't assign "Macro" potentiometers to my MIDI controller!!!! perhaps it's possible, but without user manual (and crystal ball)...

Be sure I regret to have bought this synth, for now I consider I'm a betrayed client.

I'm not a user but browsing this thread, a particulary uber rude customer with an insane sense of entitlement has caught my attention.

Why the hell didn't you demo this synth and check if sustain pedal input was working before you bought it? Did someone hold a gun to your head and force you buy it? Besides that this is a synth not a piano, you have much more options for control, why don't you route your sustain pedal to the mod wheel, aftertouch or any other of the numerous midi parameters available?
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

v1o wrote:
docam28 wrote:
parawave wrote:
docam28 wrote:No more activities from Parawave website concerning RAPID Synthesizer (Windows) since long time, staying at v1.0.2, ignored sustain pedal remains unfixed..
Updates are still in development. I'm not a fan of daily/weekly updates. It's annoying for us AND customers. The next version will include cool new stuff. As long as there is no public announcement that development is discontinued, don't worry. Research, planning and testing just takes time.
Since TWO MONTHS you can't implement sustain pedal support? really is it a joke???? :(
Is it too difficult to add "On/Off" checkbox from "Preferences" page? - oups, no "Preferences" page too... :dog: to enable or disable the sustain pedal, one of important feature like Modwheel and Pitchbend.

I don't mean about daily/weekly updates, but for a VSTi not updated since two months!

Also, where is the "MIDI Learn" feature? can't assign "Macro" potentiometers to my MIDI controller!!!! perhaps it's possible, but without user manual (and crystal ball)...

Be sure I regret to have bought this synth, for now I consider I'm a betrayed client.

I'm not a user but browsing this thread, a particulary uber rude customer with an insane sense of entitlement has caught my attention.

Why the hell didn't you demo this synth and check if sustain pedal input was working before you bought it? Did someone hold a gun to your head and force you buy it? Besides that this is a synth not a piano, you have much more options for control, why don't you route your sustain pedal to the mod wheel, aftertouch or any other of the numerous midi parameters available?
Since the use of a sustain pedal is pretty much a universal given and updating a product to fascilitate it's use should be a priority, I think the users frustration quite justifiable. Sustain pedals are very important when playing pad sounds on synths.

Code your own synth.
Or learn to appreciate the work done by developers, acknowledge that it takes time to get work done, and that Parawave does NOT work under your command or your salery. You could start your own company, though. Next time vote with your wallet and only buy what there IS, not what you wish there would be.

Boy this kind of mentality pisses me off.

kelvyn wrote:Since the use of a sustain pedal is pretty much a universal given and updating a product to fascilitate it's use should be a priority, I think the users frustration quite justifiable. Sustain pedals are very important when playing pad sounds on synths.
I would be really surprised to learn that many KVR users owed a sustain pedal.

Keyscape target audience, perhaps so. Rapid less so.

db3 wrote:
kelvyn wrote:Since the use of a sustain pedal is pretty much a universal given and updating a product to fascilitate it's use should be a priority, I think the users frustration quite justifiable. Sustain pedals are very important when playing pad sounds on synths.

People who make REAL music use the Sustain Pedal! :mad:

zxant wrote:
db3 wrote:

People who make REAL music use the Sustain Pedal! :mad:
What is real music then? Maybe I have listened to it sometime.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

zxant wrote:People who make REAL music use the Sustain Pedal! :mad:
I don't think there's a need for comments like that. Real players use the sustain pedal? That makes more sense. It all boils down to what one does. Some people use sustain pedals, some do not. Every developer always has one or more features that they overlook or just outright omit. In Ableton Live for instance, they overlooked, or outright omitted, a toolbar that containing the usual suspects such as mute tool, scissor tool, eraser etc... In Parawave's case, it was sustain pedal support. I have a feeling it will be added in the future due to user request. :)
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

kelvyn wrote:
v1o wrote:
docam28 wrote:
parawave wrote:

Since the use of a sustain pedal is pretty much a universal given and updating a product to fascilitate it's use should be a priority, I think the users frustration quite justifiable. Sustain pedals are very important when playing pad sounds on synths.
Yep, or keys, leads etc

Return to “Instruments”