bitwig 2 is here

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5 Catalyzer MeowSynth

nbot wrote:FYI I was just banned for asking questions in this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=259&t=477769
I also have to report you to the KVR admins, as you seem to use several accounts from the same IP.
I guess they don't know much about network address translation or perhaps it's just a way to shut down discussion. Very disappointing
And what does that have to do with anyone here? If you feel treated badly, don't you think taking it to a global mod would be a better call?

The questions posed are legitimate and reasonable. I find the evasiveness both surprising and disappointing.
Bitwig have lost my support. Maybe it's finally time to stump-up for Live.

And what does that have to do with anyone here?
The topic name is "bitwig 2 is here". For me the whole model is still unclear and I wanted to have some answers. I actually wanted to buy an upgrade and just need to understand how it works in details. You need to know what are you paying for, right?

Draw your own conclusions

The Bitwig forum is intendet for user discussion.
If anyone has any questions for the company, send them in, as explained.

viewtopic.php?f=259&t=477769#p6686095

The Bitwig team will be more than happy to help!

Best,
Dom

I also have to report you to the KVR admins, as you seem to use several accounts from the same IP.
I guess they don't know much about network address translation or perhaps it's just a way to shut down discussion. Very disappointing
And the thread is also locked. You actually have asked valid questions and I would be happy to find out the answer even though I am not a Bitwig user. Btw their "new model" statement Don referred you to says nothing in detail. So I consider his answer as synonymous to "eff off".
After reading a few Biwig threads recently I have to say that their PR people are atrocious and arrogant, which only supports what I wrote above. In my view they qualify for being sacked without a notice.

I am interested in the answers to these questions, too

then write them a mail..

nbot wrote:
And what does that have to do with anyone here?
The topic name is "bitwig 2 is here". For me the whole model is still unclear and I wanted to have some answers. I actually wanted to buy an upgrade and just need to understand how it works in details. You need to know what are you paying for, right?

Draw your own conclusions
I don't see any questions in the posts i quoted from you. I only see lamenting about your ban.

bronxsound wrote:
And the thread is also locked. You actually have asked valid questions and I would be happy to find out the answer even though I am not a Bitwig user. Btw their "new model" statement Don referred you to says nothing in detail. So I consider his answer as synonymous to "eff off".
After reading a few Biwig threads recently I have to say that their PR people are atrocious and arrogant, which only supports what I wrote above. In my view they qualify for being sacked without a notice.

The situation is actually pretty simple and nobody wants to be arrogant here:

- The Bitwig forum is for user discussions, not for asking the company questions. That's why the closed thread is off topic - and i added detailed information where to get the info asked for in there.

- I personally can't even answer the question, as i'm responsible for the technical support, not sales. If you have a sales related question for Bitwig, go to the source contact the sales team of Bitwig.

Best,
Dom

Dom - Me and original OP were not asking about Bitwig's expected income in 2017 or the number of employees in the company. I'm asking about the details of the new license for God's sake. I want to support you guys and I'm not your enemy and I shouldn't be treated as such

I honestly have a hard time understanding why you don't just ask the right people?

https://www.bitwig.com/en/support/contact.html

I truly believe this thread really deserves to get back on topic.

Best,
Dom

Dom,
Unfortunately in the tone of your replies I can't find a trace of being helpful. At least to people who are not raving about awesomeness of BWS. Representing a company is a hard work and I would suggest having a chat with Peter from IKM to possibly broaden the experience. Also I recall how ReFX carried out communication a few years back (similar to yours btw). But it has changed. To the better. Anyway, I am expressing my thoughts as a reader not a customer. If I would paid money I would feel really bad. Fortunately I didn't.
Last edited by bronxsound on Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I have to agree... Dom you have never limited yourself to technical support in the past so this just looks like bad customer support.

Yes I know it's been rough as of late but you could be far more diplomatic in your responses.

No problem and thanks for your input! As you might know, I try to answer whatever i can!
In this case, i just can't give guaranteed answer and have to point you to the sales support - and i'm very sorry for that!

Best,
Dom

It's really sad when people are forced to break forum rules(multiple accounts) due to sub forum banning and bringing their issues to this thread.

I guess because of this Bitwig 2 will not get a good reception when issues aren't addressed within their own sub forum. I like to think any software I subscribe too would be open to answering questions rather than referring me to support.

Good luck on that policy. :(

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”