Love for OP-X Pro II

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

fantastic synth, miss using it. Badly needs a 64 bit version

syntheticillusion wrote:
dune_rave wrote:Recently I emailed them,
and they are working on new version,
even planning a new GUI.... Can't wait :)
+10 on that, I hope the update is free to existing users.
Oh sweet. I'd add my own +10 to that!
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

layzer wrote:
EvilDragon wrote:Except Matrix 1000 doesn't really sound like an OB-X, not even close.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhe2e11Nvb4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nmE5M-AV-M

close enough.

btw, this is my last post in this thread because i'm right. :smack:
Close enough for you maybe, but from those two demos they sounds as far apart as Wilt Chamberlin is to Martin Short.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

wagtunes wrote:Having come from the old hardware days, I love the GUI. Takes me back. In fact, I wouldn't love the synth as much if they redesigned it. We all know what it's supposed to be and they did a great job doing it.
I come from those "old hardware days" too but there is a way to do it well and there's the way Sonicprojects did it. You can go full skeuomorphic for all I care, frankly I dig that style myself, but at the same time make things more clear, elements larger, numeric displays under knobs. Look at a synth like Retrologue. Looks "hardware" but not to the point of distraction. Layout is clear. They solve the numeric display thing by having roll over pop ups. I've never cracked the manual on that synth because I've never had to. Clear and intuitive to use if you have an understanding of subtractive synthesis.

Now OP-X Pro. Straight off I can see that about half the UI is taken up by a keyboard and a logo header. Both totally superfluous. Then you have a strip for preset management, effects and other softsynth related functions. Small white text on a gray button? OK, moving on. Knobs and main buttons are fine. I'd lose the heavy shadow, but that's me. Then there's the trimpots. Again, since they're not really trimpots do we need to have them so tiny? Only if you want to waste space on a giant logo header. Anyway, that's my opening salvo, but I could go on. You could still harken back to the original hardware and offer a good graphical user interface. It's not done often, but it is possible. </blowhard>
Zerocrossing Media

manandmusic wrote:
zerocrossing wrote:I think if Soundprojects could implement these changes OP-X would become one of the most talked about plug ins.
SONICPROJECTS ... :wink:
OOPS. :oops:
Zerocrossing Media

Sorry to bump an old thread, but any idea when OP-X Pro-II 64-bit Windows version will come out of beta?

Who cares, it works great even if it's beta.

Also you didn't have to bump two threads to ask the same question.

EvilDragon wrote:Who cares, it works great even if it's beta.

Also you didn't have to bump two threads to ask the same question.
+1

It works great, but I wrote to Peter about it anyway.. just to see what he says about it.

<delete>
Last edited by egbert101 on Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<List your stupid gear here>

May I know what is the latest version ? Mine is v1.2 if I remember correctly. (Win version)

<delete>
Last edited by egbert101 on Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

egbert101 wrote:
cowby wrote:May I know what is the latest version ? Mine is v1.2 if I remember correctly. (Win version)
Latest version appears to be 1.2.5, updated December 2016. See the following webpage:
http://www.sonicprojects.ch/opxpro2/fre ... story.html
Looks like he removed the "beta" label for it. :)

<delete>
Last edited by egbert101 on Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Love the synth. One of the few 32 bit VSTs that work on my system. Bought mine back in 2015.

There is only one thing about it that I don't like. Any mod wheel assignment you make, you can't designate a mod wheel range. It's 0 to 127 for every patch. So if you assign it to filter cutoff and it's all the way down at 0, you get no sound. It would be great if you could assign and start and end point for the assignment like in just about every other modern synth made today.

Other than that, no complaints. Best OB sim out there as far as sound goes.

egbert101 wrote:
Examigan wrote: Looks like he removed the "beta" label for it. :)
I'm very happy they're still continuing to develop/fix it, but I really would love a bigger UI, as my eyes are suffering!
- improved audio engine
- overhauled GUI
What else could a OP-X Pro 3.0 version benefit from?
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

Return to “Instruments”