LA-50, new D-50 kontakt lib from Binarymusic

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I remember a thread months ago, Eric was a bit angry about a release of a Kontakt instrument which sounds very, very similar to the original D50, he wrote that he has the on it... I can't remember all the details but it was a very interesting conversation...

Frank
Voice, sample and factory content developer Particular-Sound / Facebook / Soundcloud

I thought it was a real crying shame this got stomped on. I remember just before I bought it I did think to myself how on earth did they get permission to sample those D50 samples. It turns out they sampled the D50 presets and not the internal samples directly. I have always wanted to make a D50 using the internal D50 samples, but Roland would definitely not allow for me or anyone to just do it.
Numanoid wrote:I wonder if Big Eric has authorized the release of this new rompler?
Los Angeles-550 library is a RömplerStillSkinned bank based on the famous 1987 Roland Linear Arithmetic synthesis module. It contains the 64 factory patches of the harware [sic] synth/module.
http://faitclic.eu/produit/los-angeles- ... for-rss01/
They must have got permission from Eric and/or Roland to do this.
Last edited by synthmagic on Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Synth Magic synths for Konatkt - ARP Quadra, Polymoog and many more. www.synthmagic.co.uk

Well, the problem is that the most people are sampling the factory sounds and that's not allowed, it's no problem to use the D50 creating new sounds, just do this, sample it and create something new...

I already used the LA Synthesis with other synth together in my own libraries without having copyright issues..., that's all no problem.

Frank
Voice, sample and factory content developer Particular-Sound / Facebook / Soundcloud

Why are people bleating on about 'the poor developer'

Any idiot knows that (without permission) this is going to get stamped on by Roland/Persing.

tehlord wrote:Why are people bleating on about 'the poor developer'

Any idiot knows that (without permission) this is going to get stamped on by Roland/Persing.
+1

rsp
sound sculptist

What is holding up a virtual D50?
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

electro wrote:What is holding up a virtual D50?
My question exactly. Korg launched the M1 and Wavestation in virtual form more than 10 years ago.
Each year I'm hoping Roland will do the same. Maybe it's gonna be this year. They've already launched
their first software that is sample based - the Sound Canvas VA. Launching a D-x, JV-x, XV-x as a plug-in
is just one small step away :pray:

And they did!!! - www.rolandcloud.com

cocoazenith wrote:And they did!!! - http://www.rolandcloud.com
And it's sample based. :dog:
And you need to subscribe to their "cloud" in order to use it. :roll:
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

Ben H wrote:
cocoazenith wrote:And they did!!! - http://www.rolandcloud.com
And it's sample based. :dog:
And you need to subscribe to their "cloud" in order to use it. :roll:
And with a dull ugly flat GUI.

And only 64 patches.

They show why the independent guys should have been allowed to do it :roll:
Fernando (FMR)

Subscription. :roll:
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Why is Roland so fierce about the D-50? It is no longer in production, there is no Roland software equivalent, either. So why? Shouldn't they be flattered when someone tries to keep the D-50 alive via software?

fluffy_little_something wrote:Why is Roland so fierce about the D-50? It is no longer in production, there is no Roland software equivalent, either. So why? Shouldn't they be flattered when someone tries to keep the D-50 alive via software?
Plus, this one (LA-50 from Binarymusic) what really well done.
Muck better offer then them cloud ashamed version.
Last edited by nordickvr on Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Funny how the Roland Cloud description avoids saying D-50 outright, as if they're afraid of being sued too! Weird.

Mr Arkadin wrote:Funny how the Roland Cloud description avoids saying D-50 outright, as if they're afraid of being sued too! Weird.
I think they are simply ashamed of saying that is a D-50, and rightly so, because it isn't. It is a small sample of the D-50
Fernando (FMR)

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”