FYI Kore now available as software only

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Retails for 219.00 USD

Anyone tried installing Kore?

This will be a great piece to get working on Receptor. Well worth the small price premium tacked on to Receptor Komplete.

Any ETA froom Muse?

http://www.native-instruments.com/index ... dition&L=1

I tried installing Kore Player 2, which is free. It installs properly, and plays properly, but...it will not authorize.

The serial number that I got from NI for registering this free software works on a PC install, but not on the Receptor, which means it can only run in demo mode.

I suspect (but have no real way of checking it out) that the difference is in the versions of NI Service Center: the new one on the PC and the old one (by necessity) on the Receptor. So, that's as far as I got with it.

I did open a ticket asking for some Muse help, but haven't heard. NI simply refers any tech support request that involves a Receptor back to Muse.

-MWG

Why oh why dont Muse offer a Windows upgrade (customised for Receptor) for people who just want to use Windows? All the compatibility issues would then go away.

Hi there,

mwgilbert posted that he managed to install the KorePlayer on Receptor and it worked, so I tried the same thing with Kore 2 Software Edition and it WORKED!!!
I didn't try all the functions of Kore 2 yet, but the most important things work, like:
- loading and playing sounds
- changing the Sounds and Effects
- loading multiple Sounds
- loading ohter VSTi's
etc.

The only thing that's not working for the moment is the Kore Controller (I don't know why, because Muse Research said that the Kore Controller is compatible with Receptor... never mind)but I'm working on it.

To Install Kore 2 SE you only need to copy the Installer from the original DVD to the "drop installers here" folder on Receptor. Now install Kore 2 normally. The only thing you need to do after installing is to copy the folder containing the samples (from the DVD) into the Kore 2 path on Receptor (because even if you tell Kore 2 during installation to install the samples, it will not do it, because it can't find them)

To Authorize Kore 2, simply install the latest version of NI Service Center. Auhorization works properly, my Kore 2 Software is authorized and works properly (till now)

I hope this post was helpful Wink

nice! I thought Kore 2 wouldn't work...will try this once my receptor is fixed. Thanks for the insight!

Hi again,

I just wanted to know if someone else managed to install Kore 2 in his Receptor and if it's working properly?

Just a little bump on this - how's Kore working on Receptor?

/C
ANALOG DEEP HOUSE 2 for U-HE DIVA
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

HEY! 2017 and here we go again. ANY luck with Kore 2 on the receptor (1.0 or 1.0 Rev C)?

Return to “Muse Research and Development”