Recording Audio in Mulab 7

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I create an audio track rack, arm for recording, and make sure the monitor is green, but I'm not getting any feedback through the master volume no matter what stuff I tinker with. I've tried with a usb microphone as well, but mulab didn't recognize it (I tried audio input 1, still nothing) Any suggestions?
I've been trying with direct audio input (which I assume is the computers internal sound system) direct left and right input is always none. 
I downloaded an ASIO driver as well but can't seem to fix the problem. I went into audio setup and switched it to the ASIO, but still nothing (it's currently on MME Audio output, Microsoft Sound Mapper) I really wanna record some audio! Thank you! 

On MuLab for Windows you certainly need to use an ASIO driver in order to record audio. If it's ASIO 4 All, make sure you have set it up properly, see the ASIO 4 All site & forum. Then also make sure you have enabled the relevant ASIO inputs in MuLab's Audio Setup.
Then also see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttxml1QoM8Q

I'll give that a shot. Thanks!

So I was able to get Mulab to register audio (went into ASIO4all settings, made sure everything was checked which created two SSE Microphones as possible inputs in Mulab), I switched off Intel outputs under select inputs, and then chose the microphones for left and right direct input. then I selected the intel outputs as selected outputs. But now I'm getting no sound out through speakers or headphones:/

For clarification, the speakers are working fine through youtube and other applications, just not in mulab.

If I open Chrome and then open Mulab, Chrome will monopolise the sound output so no sound from Mulab even though Mulabs meters show otherwise. Open Mulab first and its the opposite, so if you intend to have your browser open at the same time as Mulab make sure you open Mulab before any thing else, it may help you.
Beauty is only skin deep,
Ugliness, however, goes right the way through

Closed out chrome and other applications, unfortunately, still having the same issue. It's weird because when I switch to the ASIO driver i can hear the pop in my headphones and the soft fuzz that they're connected but no sound:(

mutools wrote:On MuLab for Windows you certainly need to use an ASIO driver in order to record audio. If it's ASIO 4 All, make sure you have set it up properly, see the ASIO 4 All site & forum. Then also make sure you have enabled the relevant ASIO inputs in MuLab's Audio Setup.
Then also see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttxml1QoM8Q

Why is that now?

In the past I've been able to record external audio in Mulab using MME drivers.

ASIO doesn't work well in my (complicated) audio setup!

zxant wrote:In the past I've been able to record external audio in Mulab using MME drivers.
I don't remember any MuLab version that did audio input with MME. In fact the first MuLab versions vene didn't support MME at all, iirc.

Well, I don't remember using ASIO to record and in the past (with v5 I think) I have recorded external audio with Mulab :?

It will have been via ASIO.

Return to “MUTOOLS”