A small feature request about the tooltips in the modular environment

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello Jo

I want in this thread do a small feature request, probably easy to implement.

If I recall correctly, in the previous versions of Mulab and MUX, in the modular view, the VST synths rectangles were identified by their loaded preset.

Now they are identified simply by the name of the synth.

In fact both informations are useful... especially when several instances of a VST synth are used.

For example, currently I'm using eleven instances of TAL-U-NO-LX in a song. And it is not easy to know which is what among the eleven instances.

So, I suggest a small improvement: after the VST name in the tooltip, could you add its current preset name?

It's just a suggestion...

Thank you!
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

+1

+2

But you can rename the racks to whatever you want and undependent of what is inside. Just give names to the racks like "Lead", "Pad", "Chorus" ... and I'll find that more informative than a synth-patch's name like "frozen water" or "deep eternity" or whatever.
Doesn't that work for you?

nenneb wrote:But you can rename the racks to whatever you want and undependent of what is inside. Just give names to the racks like "Lead", "Pad", "Chorus" ... and I'll find that more informative than a synth-patch's name like "frozen water" or "deep eternity" or whatever.
Doesn't that work for you?
Hello

No, because what I'm talking about is the modular view with many instances of a VST synth in it. And what I'm talking about is the only place where both (the synth name plus the preset name) can be placed with enough comfort: the tooltip which appear hovering the mouse. It is not a question of racks. By the way, the width of a rack couldn't be wide enough to have these two informations, that would not solve the problem, given that what I'm talking about is when there are many instances of a synth used: the width of the screen itself wouldn't be large enough. Imagine... with eleven instances of a synth. There are of course eleven racks... but the problem remains the same as long as the rectangles in the modular view can't be identified visually at least by their tooltips.
Last edited by BlackWinny on Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.

It's the same with modules: You can name them as you want.

Yes Jo. But the synth name plus the preset name "by default before any potential renaming" would be a nice improvement. No ?

I'm not sure. Rack names may become too long and thus uncomfortable. FYI: It's all about the same name. I'll keep it as is for now, also because i want to keep focus on the main FRs i'm working on as much as possible.

mutools wrote:I'm not sure. Rack names may become too long and thus uncomfortable. FYI: It's all about the same name. I'll keep it as is for now, also because i want to keep focus on the main FRs i'm working on as much as possible.
No problem, Jo. It was a suggestion.
:)

There is a Preference "Use VST Program Name As Default VST Name"

That would give you at least the preset name the VST is using. Only problem; when you rename an item you get a blank field. It doesn't preserved the given name, so it isn't easy to alter a given name. :(

Return to “MUTOOLS”