StiX : MultiSynthesis Drum Machine (v1.6 Released + Flash sales)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
StiX

Lotuzia wrote:
simmo75 wrote:
Lotuzia wrote:To Plexuss : There will be a new version soon, wich fixes some critical crashes with Logic. Hopefully it will fix your problem. Yes, it's very hard to fix random crashes that can't be easily duplicated.
Lotuzia: Are we, the users going to get our drag and drop midi as so many of us have asked for it?
Tbh I don't know. I have relayed this to Xils. I think if you want a definitive answer (if there is one), you should contact Xils directly.
Thanks Lotuzia, Lets hope they listen to you. :tu:

plexuss wrote:
Lotuzia wrote:
plexuss wrote:
Lotuzia wrote:To Plexuss : There will be a new version soon, wich fixes some critical crashes with Logic. Hopefully it will fix your problem. Yes, it's very hard to fix random crashes that can't be easily duplicated.
That's great because I like the sound and features of StiX. One track that uses it exclusively, and that didn't crash before I was able to bounce out a mix, is...

https://soundcloud.com/musicofplexus/into-the-blackhole
StiX Version 1.02 beta is released.

Please, let us know if it does fix your problems (Crossing fingers)
Wow. 1.02 beta is completely broken. All the pattern buttons can be selected (they don't act as a radio group), loading a preset seems to load the drum sounds but nothing shows in the sequencer, if i manually engage steps and hit play in the DAW StiX does nothing.

Went back to 1.01 and its back to "working" except for the previous mentioned bugs.

Back to the drawing board Lotuzia.
Hmmm I'm testing v 1.02 rather extensively. And I can't replicate at any moment any of the behaviour you describe (Win 7, several 64b hosts here) Does it happen when you create a new project, or when you load an existing project, made with a previous version ?

Does anybody else have this kind of behaviour with StiX beta 1.02 ?

Btw here are the details of the v 1.02 addings :

* OSX : AAX 32 bits now working for Protools 10.3
* Windows iLok : license not recognized in rare cases issue fixed.
* Random crashes issues fixed ( Especially when using StiX multi output version, combined with certain daws)
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Lotuzia wrote: Hmmm I'm testing v 1.02 rather extensively. And I can't replicate at any moment any of the behaviour you describe (Win 7, several 64b hosts here) Does it happen when you create a new project, or when you load an existing project, made with a previous version ?

* Random crashes issues fixed ( Especially when using StiX multi output version, combined with certain daws)
When using StiX 1.02 in a new project. I didnt try it with an existing project out of fear. I want to validate it works fine on it's own first before I open up a project that already uses it. I will try 1.02 again just to be sure.

UPDATE: I re-installed 1.02 and it was doing the same thing. Here is a video of what I am experiencing. After I made the video I switched to a different app and noticed that all of a sudden the pattern showed up in the pattern editor! It also played fine. So I tried to re-produce this thinking that if I switch out of Logic and back in it might work. But on the second attempt, I couldn't reproduce it. I have it still running here and will monitor it and see if it will flip back to working and try and reproduce.

UPDATE 2: I left 1.02 open just to see what would happen. after about an hour of using my mac for other things I switch to Logic which was open with StiX and automagically it was working. When I reinstated it, it didnt work and was doing what you see in the video. Logic Pro X.3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNQcZhCPxaM

plexuss wrote:
Lotuzia wrote: Hmmm I'm testing v 1.02 rather extensively. And I can't replicate at any moment any of the behaviour you describe (Win 7, several 64b hosts here) Does it happen when you create a new project, or when you load an existing project, made with a previous version ?

When using StiX 1.02 in a new project. I didnt try it with an existing project out of fear. I want to validate it works fine on it's own first before I open up a project that already uses it. I will try 1.02 again just to be sure.

UPDATE: I re-installed 1.02 and it was doing the same thing. Here is a video of what I am experiencing. After I made the video I switched to a different app and noticed that all of a sudden the pattern showed up in the pattern editor! It also played fine. So I tried to re-produce this thinking that if I switch out of Logic and back in it might work. But on the second attempt, I couldn't reproduce it. I have it still running here and will monitor it and see if it will flip back to working and try and reproduce.

UPDATE 2: I left 1.02 open just to see what would happen. after about an hour of using my mac for other things I switch to Logic which was open with StiX and automagically it was working. When I reinstated it, it didnt work and was doing what you see in the video. Logic Pro X.3
OK there was a -big- bug in the first 1.02 when opening .... blank projects and inserting StiX in them, unfortunately showing the symptoms you described. Once the project was saved, then reloaded, it worked ok. Hence why I could not replicate it, because I used some existing projects :dog: to be sure that nothing wrong happened. Please DL the new 1.02 beta (tagged Feb 17th), and, hopefullty it will work OK this time. Sorry for the delay and trouble.

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

What an amazing plugin

"Drag n drop Midi within a DAW would bring a lot of problems (each DAW would have it's own drag n drop process/issue or bugs)
So the best and easy way for all of us would be to create a Midi file
instead. This file could then be use on any DAW.

Let me know if you need more information

Best regards
Xavier
Xis-lab team"

memyselfandus wrote:"Drag n drop Midi within a DAW would bring a lot of problems (each DAW would have it's own drag n drop process/issue or bugs)

Best regards
Xavier
Xis-lab team"
So? Lots of other plugins use drag and drop across OS's and DAWs. StiX is a premium priced plugin and so it's weird to hear this as a reason from the dev. StiX is regular $190US - come on now, stop making excuses. StiX should be pretty much bullet proof and feature rich for this price. (I own it so I get to complain :o )

plexuss wrote:
memyselfandus wrote:"Drag n drop Midi within a DAW would bring a lot of problems (each DAW would have it's own drag n drop process/issue or bugs)

Best regards
Xavier
Xis-lab team"
So? Lots of other plugins use drag and drop across OS's and DAWs. StiX is a premium priced plugin and so it's weird to hear this as a reason from the dev. StiX is regular $190US - come on now, stop making excuses. StiX should be pretty much bullet proof and feature rich for this price. (I own it so I get to complain :o )
It's so strange that Xils seem to be just refusing to add this feature that everyone wants.
I would use Stix in projects again if it had drag n drop midi as that is my preferred work flow but it seems Xils don't care.

Btw Plexuss, did the new beta version 1.02 ( the one tagged Feb 17 th) fixed your issues ?

Lotuzia wrote:Btw Plexuss, did the new beta version 1.02 ( the one tagged Feb 17 th) fixed your issues ?
I'm still working on it... I'll test it more thoroughly this week and report back. thanks!

Hi Stix users,

I am wondering if I am experiencing a sequencer bug or if I am fundamentally misunderstanding something:

I set up Stix at 70bpm. My idea was to go from 70 to double time. Think dubstep I guess.
So, for the kick, I set the last beat of the four beats in the sequencer to 16 steps so that I could achieve said 'double time' effect. It worked a treat.

The problem arose when I set the first kick beat in the sequencer to 16 steps too. When I do that and input a pattern, the kick pattern that plays back is not what I program. I can't make it out, but it seems confused. Why? This should be straightforward mathematical division that adheres to the clock.

Can anyone advise on what is happening there?
Has anyone else experienced anything similar?

TIA,

Nol

Unqlenol wrote:Hi Stix users,

I am wondering if I am experiencing a sequencer bug or if I am fundamentally misunderstanding something:

I set up Stix at 70bpm. My idea was to go from 70 to double time. Think dubstep I guess.
So, for the kick, I set the last beat of the four beats in the sequencer to 16 steps so that I could achieve said 'double time' effect. It worked a treat.

The problem arose when I set the first kick beat in the sequencer to 16 steps too. When I do that and input a pattern, the kick pattern that plays back is not what I program. I can't make it out, but it seems confused. Why? This should be straightforward mathematical division that adheres to the clock.

Can anyone advise on what is happening there?
Has anyone else experienced anything similar?

TIA,

Nol
I'm not sure I understand the question. What I undestand is :

When you change the number of steps of the last/4th beat in 4/4 for one drum sound, using the 2nd sequencer panel, it works OK, but if you now change the number of steps of the same drum sound in the first beat, it doesnt work as expected. Did I translate your question right ? ( and bwt, do you change both beat divisions in the same pattern, or do you change the 2nd time the time division in a different pattern ?)

If I did not understand well the question, please feel free to elaborate, correct me, or post pictures/sounds clips that illustrate the question and can give me clues to replicate/investigate StiX behaviour in your particular situation.

Thanx in advance.

Hi thanks for the quick reply. I think you understand perfectly. I can just confirm that this is all happening in one pattern- simply whilst trying to develop the pattern. I get that it is hard to explain. If I can find some time I will try to post screenshots or an example of what I mean. I was simply testing the waters with developing a pattern that uses a double time concept. Thanks.

Unqlenol wrote:Hi thanks for the quick reply. I think you understand perfectly. I can just confirm that this is all happening in one pattern- simply whilst trying to develop the pattern. I get that it is hard to explain. If I can find some time I will try to post screenshots or an example of what I mean. I was simply testing the waters with developing a pattern that uses a double time concept. Thanks.
Ok I'll test this in the next days.

A simple trick, because it possibly can apply in the situation you describe : Sometimes -rare but it might still happen- what the GUI shows doesnt reflect exactly the current StiX state. In this case, simply switch pattern (and/or select another drumpad) and go back to the pattern you were editing and correct data will be displayed again. We have tracked these 'display' bugs and thought we have eradicated all of them, but well, ... maybe not all . If it was the case, please report back here, or to me directly.

I just got the Stix demo and I'm more interested in the swing /groove of the beats it puts out then anything. Certain grids (Cubase for example) have a robotic feel to them I reckon ... No groove in the grid...Whereas other grids tend to groove better naturally (FL and Live for example) ...but I love Cubase's workflow so with a drum vst like this I can get the groove I want (I thought the swing of stix felt nice)...but if I export midi to the grid I'll lose that. I checked out Revolution but I found it a bit unstable in Kontakt (irregular timing on simple sixteenths for example)... and i thought the swing was OK but nothing to write home about, excellent quality sounds though. The only downside of Stix is you cant change the sample beginning end time but if I export separate tracks from Stix to audio in Cubase (I assume that's possible but I only just got the demo) I could always just manually move the audio (snare for example) back a bit to create the same effect and more groove.

Return to “Instruments”