Waldorf software - new licensing system

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

You could transfer the licenses to another USB eLicenser. I don't think removing them is possible. Which sucks, but, that's the way it is, unfortunately.

I just emailed waldorf support explaining that now we all have questions about this and many people were not even notified about it and can they post up a FAQ or something. Nice they did this but they really messed up the launch of it.

Numanoid wrote:So Arturia abandoned Steinberg eLicenser, and now Waldorf is doing the same.

Except XILS which other third party devs are still using that copy protection system?
Vengeance dropped it for Avenger.
Depending how it'll work for them, they could completely abandon it, doing the same move for them FX.
Last edited by nordickvr on Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

plexuss wrote:I have Nave and Largo. I got them installed and authorized with the new keys. They were the only licenses I had on the eLicenser. Does anyone know if now can those eLicenser licenses be removed and eLicenser re-used by someone else? How many authorizations are allowed now using the new system?
I don't know a way to remove the licenses from the eLicenser (but why would you do that anyway?). The eLicenser can accomodate very large number of licenses, so, yes, you can use it for any other eLicenser authorized sofiware, like Steinberg, VSL or Xils-Lab (right now, the only ones that occur to me).
Fernando (FMR)

krandr wrote:Bad news for pro tools 10 customers - seems aax 32bit is not supported anymore.
Largo and Nave AAX32 are working on windows, but:
-AAX64 pro tools 11.3.1 on osx 10.12.1 - working
-AAX32 pro tools 10.3.10 on osx 10.10.5 - not working :!:
-AAX32 elicenser versions, pro tools 10.3.10 on osx 10.10.5 - working

Anyone can check it?

Seems pro tools HD|Accel users who invested about $10 000 for TDM systems are out of the board :(

fmr wrote:
plexuss wrote:I have Nave and Largo. I got them installed and authorized with the new keys. They were the only licenses I had on the eLicenser. Does anyone know if now can those eLicenser licenses be removed and eLicenser re-used by someone else? How many authorizations are allowed now using the new system?
I don't know a way to remove the licenses from the eLicenser (but why would you do that anyway?). The eLicenser can accomodate very large number of licenses, so, yes, you can use it for any other eLicenser authorized sofiware, like Steinberg, VSL or Xils-Lab (right now, the only ones that occur to me).
I should have mentioned, I only use the eLicenser for Nave and Largo. so I no longer need the eLicenser and really would likely avoid any software that uses it. I only succumbed to the eLicenser because I wanted Nave and Largo and there were no other choices. But at this point, I dont see me using it. so someone else can use it if it can be reused by someone else.

Good. eLicenser and iLok need to go, or at least give people alternative copy protection systems. I refuse to use eLicenser or iLok, and increasingly shunning c/r too.
<List your stupid gear here>

nordickvr wrote:Vengeance dropped it for Avenger.
Depending how it'll work for them, they could complety forget about it.
Hmm, so why are so many devs moving away from eLicenser?

Licensing cost to Steinberg getting too high?

electro wrote:Is this some kind of C/R?
It probably is and would really surprise me if it wasn't.
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

Nielzie wrote:
electro wrote:Is this some kind of C/R?
It probably is and would really surprise me if it wasn't.

in othwer words: another company I won't buy from.

I had to reinstall this weekend and thanked god for all licences that where on my iLok and elicencer...

I, for one, am happy that they dumped eLicenser, so i don't have to have that ugle d*** sticking out of my computer, or my computer's keyboard. Seriously, it's harder and harder for me to justify to waste a USB port for a copy protection of a software on my computer. Just imagine i had Reason, some iLok software, which requires a dongle, and some eLicenser protected software issuing a dongle. That'd be 3 dongle, i may have to have all plugged into my computer at the same time. Loco. :nutter: As many companies refrain from dongle based protections, the better. I don't have an issue with C/R, or anything, as long as it doesn't require phsyical protection. Or some driver which interferes too much with my system. Soft iLok is already borderline for me (didn't have an issue with it so far though).

For me, the only (but huge) reason which refrains me to use plugins having a C/R protection is the question "What happens if the company suddenly disappears?"

As everybody I have of course a lot of plugins protected that way, but for me the type of protection is actually a very important criteria in my choices among plugins. I take plugins protected by that type of protection only if they have absolutely no competitor in what they do.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

BlackWinny wrote:For me, the only (but huge) reason which refrains me to use plugins having a C/R protection is the question "What happens if the company suddenly disappears?"
I read this so often now, and still don't get it. What's the difference to dongle protected software, or serial protected one? If Steinberg dies, eLicenser dies, so you won't be able to sync your licenses anymore (or activate it again, so, same situation as with C/R). If a company which uses serial protection dies, they won't be able to provide you with a serial anymore, in case you forgot, and lost it. Not to talk about lack of updates, which could lead to newer versions of the used OS not being supported anymore. I don't get this point. It seems like a fly in the ointment kind of thing.

What if Microsoft or Apple die. Then we're all doomed. :party:

chk071 wrote:If Steinberg dies, eLicenser dies, so you won't be able to sync your licenses anymore (or activate it again)
Steinberg may die, but the elicencer will survive for some time beyond that.

As the licences are hardcoded on usb flash memory, they will not need to be activated again.

<delete>
Last edited by egbert101 on Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
<List your stupid gear here>

Return to “Instruments”