Synthmaster 3 wish list

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

kv331 wrote:
dmbaer wrote:Number one wish:

Capability for filter cutoff modulation with a mod oscillator.
I am gonna introduce that for the new zero delay feedback filters!

:tu: :clap:

I'd like to see a similar GUI to SM1, but of course with more layers. I'd also like to see that middle space be used to give the user more info about things such as filters. For example, show the single cycle waveform in the middle so people can see it and put parameters such as drift or the algorithms(bend -, etc) in there. For wavetables use that area to show a 3D graph of the wavetable. For samples show the wave form and have controls for setting the loop points, reversing the wav, etc. For granular synthesis, have controls for the start position, attack, etc similar to how "The Mangle" works. For FM, AM etc have a 4x4 or 5x5 matrix like FM8/sytrus.

I really like the interface of SM1 and I think a similar style could be used with SM3. Just use the middle section for extra parameters and have tabs at the top to switch layers. Also 1 global filter would be nice.

Stop using "Daft", "Best" or whatever for quality names and use proper Oversample :)

I think there are some interesting suggestions here, but it's important to remember that we are talking about an upgrade to an existing product, not a new product designed from scratch like SynthMaster One.

To make significant changes to the synth architecture, such as the number of layers, number of oscillators per layer, etc., would likely break any compatibility with the version 2 preset collections. That is probably one of the version 3 design no-no's. They had to come up with 500 new presets for SynthMaster One.

I would hope that the focus for SM3, in addition to adding wavetables, would be enhancing the GUI to provide better feedback to show the user what is happening. I like the ideas proposed earlier by Chandlerhimself for using the SM1 layout with two layers, while using the middle space to display enhanced views for the function in focus, such as wavetable graphs. Animating them would also be cool!

Of course, anything else that can be improved without breaking V2 features would be welcome!
Windows 10 and too many plugins

zzz00m wrote:I like the ideas proposed earlier by Chandlerhimself for using the SM1 layout with two layers, while using the middle space to display enhanced views for the function in focus, such as wavetable graphs. Animating them would also be cool!
Yes that is in our TODO list for SynthMaster One as well.
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

<delete>
Last edited by egbert101 on Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
<List your stupid gear here>

egbert101 wrote:
This is what was claimed from the developer:

+ granular synthesis
+ (hopefuly) vocal/formant filters
+ new acoustic/vocal sample library
+ wavetable editor
+ (hopefuly) some sfz/sample editor
+ up to 8 layers

My assumption that the 8 layers were related to Synthmaster One's architecture, that 3 would be a complete redesign of architecture or workflow. Looks like my assumption was wrong. :(

To be honest, I hate the workflow of Synthmaster 2.8, so I really hope something is done to make it easier to create user presets. Otherwise I'll be looking elsewhere as my main synths.
I think that the developer stated he had workflow improvements on the TO-DO list. And I assume that some things could be added, such as layers, synthesis modes, filters, etc.

There is still a lot that could be improved regarding the user experience, without mangling the stuff under the hood. As long as your presets from V2 could still be used, no problem.

And if you haven't viewed these videos yet, they are highly recommended!!! They take a lot of the mystery out of SM2. Most of the workflow is typical subtractive synth stuff, once you know where everything is!
KV331 Synthmaster Course
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... yvULjq71oa

I really like how Serum animates modulated parameters. When cutoff, or wave index or phase are modulated, I'd love to see those visual elements update in real time. It's not really important after you've built your patch, but for experimenting with sound design, it makes a huge difference to be able to see the effects of your modulations.

At the very least, a little cursor that tracks where modulations are at on the knob, and on LFO graphs, would be a huge help.

I recently read elsewhere that the development of Zebra 3 is underway. But u-he has made the decision to move forward with a new product, and break compatibility with V2 presets. Too many limitations based on their architecture of V2 apparently.

It would be interesting to hear KV331's take on how they plan to enhance features in SM3, without breaking compatibility with V2.

zzz00m wrote: It would be interesting to hear KV331's take on how they plan to enhance features in SM3, without breaking compatibility with V2.
We will be backwards compatible with SynthMaster 1 and 2. However, regarding VST/AU Parameter indexes, they will not be any compatibility.
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

kv331 wrote:
zzz00m wrote: It would be interesting to hear KV331's take on how they plan to enhance features in SM3, without breaking compatibility with V2.
We will be backwards compatible with SynthMaster 1 and 2. However, regarding VST/AU Parameter indexes, they will not be any compatibility.
Sounds good! :tu:

Time to get busy! :hyper:

a dedicated "wave shape" gallery/browser, ie. a graphical OSC browser showing the Wave Shapes

this gives you a graphical visualization of the wave you are going to select, easy to remember as you associate an image with the sound, makes it easier to browse through dozens of wave shapes, instead of reading the textual definition, select it, press a key on the keyboard to hear what it sounds like, decide it is not what you are looking for and do it again with a different wave shape

we are no longer in basic wave shape type territory: saw, tri, square, sine, etc
SynthMaster offers so many wave shapes/wave tables, it is important to attach an image to it, not just a text + catagorize them with tags

at the moment: there is a drop down menu with text labels,

SM3: have a dedicated browser that shows the actual graphical wave shape + some info/details

just as Preset Browser, that you can filter by criteria / characteristic:

- have a Wave Shape browser/gallery, you see the graphical shape of the wave and some comtextual info like: this wave shape is good for sound x, or adds characteristic y, or has been used in hardware synth z, custom wave designed by person w

- have tags associated with wave shape that can be used to filter the hundreds of waves available

- also as you scroll through the list of wave shapes, arrow down, on wave select: automatically plays the wave, so you can quickly decide on waves that are of interests, add to favorites

in Dune 2, you can see the graphical wave shapes that are in a given table, and Zebra 2 has a Osc browser but not graphical, UVI Falcon has wavetable represented graphically
Last edited by darksynth on Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:06 am, edited 12 times in total.

add an Oscilloscope, a big beautiful oscilloscope :D

animated Oscilloscope(Bazile, Diva) + 3D animated view of the Wave Table, like Tone2 Icarus, Serum

make it big, its both gorgeous and educational to see how the wave shape changes as you change various parameters, you get instant feedback

higlight the oscilloscope by putting it somewhere prominent, like in the center of synth window, with half of the components to its left, and half to its right

Yes, an oscilloscope would be fine.

Are there plans to implement analog circuit behavior like in Diva, Roland Plugouts, Dagger etc. ?

a dedicated Drums layer, like VPS Avenger

multi-timbral support: be able to define zones across the keyboard, each zone play a certain patch

Return to “Instruments”