Moving chords around

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

There is a little something I'm trying to accomplish but I can't find how. I have a chord sequence in the master track and I'm simply trying to switch the first and second chord. Or replace the first chord by the second making one long chord. By double clicking the junction between the 2 chords, the second one becomes the first one. Is there a way to make the second one become the first ?

Maybe there is already a way to do this but what I would like to do also is to select 2 different chords anywhere in the master track and switch them. Just a little shortcut like shift and double click would be great. And also, it could be made so that even if one of the chord is out of key (borrowed chord) you could say by alt+shift double click make the switch anyway.
MXLinux21, 16 Gig RAM, Intel i7 Quad 3.9, Reaper 6.42, Behringer 204HD or Win7 Steinberg MR816x

that would be handy!
"..What is simple, is simply seen.."

+1 (maybe shift drag to reposition them)

When so many of you request such a simple feature - which I have not thought of - it will become high priority ;)

So I did the following:
when you Shift-doubleclick (or Alt-Shift-click) to split a chord, the next chord will be used for the new chord,
and when you Shift-doubleclick (or Alt-Shift-click) to glue to chords together, the second chord will remain.

In addition, a "Swap Chords" button was added to the Master Track inspector, with shortcut possibility, so you will also find it under Settings / Keyboard Shortcuts and assign a key for swapping 2 chords. I think a new update will be uploaded on Sunday.

Thanks,
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

WOW !!! really nice thanx a lot !!
MXLinux21, 16 Gig RAM, Intel i7 Quad 3.9, Reaper 6.42, Behringer 204HD or Win7 Steinberg MR816x

musicdevelopments wrote:When so many of you request such a simple feature - which I have not thought of - it will become high priority ;)

So I did the following:
when you Shift-doubleclick (or Alt-Shift-click) to split a chord, the next chord will be used for the new chord,
and when you Shift-doubleclick (or Alt-Shift-click) to glue to chords together, the second chord will remain.

In addition, a "Swap Chords" button was added to the Master Track inspector, with shortcut possibility, so you will also find it under Settings / Keyboard Shortcuts and assign a key for swapping 2 chords. I think a new update will be uploaded on Sunday.

Thanks,
Attila
That's great, Attila !

You can't imagine how much so small improvements can sometimes save a huge time in the work of composing when these small improvements concern tasks which are very frequently made.
:clap:

The tradition tells that the devil resides in the details... but God too!
:pray:
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

You are welcome! :)
Feedback is important for me because there are so many possible ways that I cannot think of. My experience is that RC users are smarter than me, so I must listen to them :hihi:
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

Thanks for this feature!
"..What is simple, is simply seen.."

Return to “MusicDevelopments”