what to do with authorizations etc.? new pc? ilok etc.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

yes safest way to install a new machine for ilok plugins is to Start Licence Manger and transfer all your liscneces on your Ilok Key

that way when you install the software you only connect your ilok key and the install won't count as an activation

for example SLate you install wrong and thats it..u gotta buy again(more or less )
If your plugin is a Synth-edit/synth-maker creation, Say So.
If not Make a Mac version of your Plugins Please.

https://soundcloud.com/realmarco

...everyone is out to get me!!!!!!!

ok all my pc parts are here and im really nervous setting it up somehow :/

ILOK2
- so here i should deacivate all licenses now on my current machine?

elicenser:
- here i dont need to do anything right?

WAVES:
- i think i transferred all licenses on a simple USB Stick

Plugin Alliance:
- i need to check them too i guess afaik

did i forget anything? hmmmm any other dev which uses stuff like ilok? i got too many plugins but vsts like omnisphere, NI Vsts etc. should be all ok and dont need a deactivation i guess, oh maybe Sylenth1?

DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

It could be easier if you sold 90% of these plugins :scared:
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

DJ Warmonger wrote:It could be easier if you sold 90% of these plugins :scared:
i know :P
some are also still Demos i didnt delete though ;D
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

I put all Plugin Alliance licenses on a USB stick, similar to Waves (in fact it's the same USB stick). It'd be easier to transfer that way.

EDIT: incorrect information: [[With your iLok2: Do not deactivate licenses.]]

If you have the licenses on an iLok2 dongle, all you will have to do is plug the dongle into your new machine and go (after installing the software, of course).

If you have any active licenses using the "soft iLok" option (on your hard drive), just transfer them from your old machine to the iLok dongle using the iLok License manager.

For all the problems of dongles, moving to a new workstation is one of the things that they make easy.
Last edited by ontol on Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ontol wrote:With your iLok2: Do not deactivate licenses.

If you have the licenses on an iLok2 dongle, all you will have to do is plug the dongle into your new machine and go (after installing the software, of course).

If you have any active licenses using the "soft iLok" option (on your hard drive), just transfer them from your old machine to the iLok dongle using the iLok License manager.

For all the problems of dongles, moving to a new workstation is one of the things that they make easy.
i've got 34 licenses on my MACHINE activated :/, cause i trust(ed) the machine more than my dongle but i think i need to deacivate them to activate them on the dongle? cause TRANSFER LICENSE only let's me transfer it to another user/ID.

Yes, you are correct, I was mistaken.

Deactivate on your old pc, activate on your dongle.

Here's a guy who actually knows what he is talking about and shows how.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dwev1XaGoX8

my solution: i uninstalled ilok and had a stable PC again

I don't instal anything that doesn't use a simple serial with the exception of the hdelay/hcompressor (that I got for pennies and couldn't refuse), and Geist (which has a software manager that runs offline causing no issues). Problem solved.

Piracy is the source of these problems. The result are crippeled protection schemes. In the end its the legit users and the developers who have to suffer because of the thieves

flakes2 wrote:Piracy is the source of these problems. The result are crippeled protection schemes. In the end its the legit users and the developers who have to suffer because of the thieves
I don't get this argument. Do your visitors have to suffer because of thieves, because they can't just go into your house through a non-existing front door? What is this "suffering" about anyway? Noone will even notice it, when C/R is used, unless you don't have a network connection. Or get bothered with a serial, once you filled it in the first time you boot the plugin. You know what's "suffering"? When someone lives in a war zone, or doesn't know where to get the next food from. First world problems, really. :party:

Can we shelf the off-topic editorials on copy protection and stick to assisting the OP?

ontol wrote:Can we shelf the off-topic editorials on copy protection and stick to assisting the OP?
Yes I can...the fact is that years and years of complaining about protection schemes has only derailed threads and accomplished very little...please stay on topic...if you want to complain about protection schemes start a thread about it in everything else or better still hpc so that when they get out of hand as they always do they can be locked...stop derailing threads containing legit questions about protection schemes with vandettas...those posts like the ones here will be deleted.

I could split the threads but it would be far more respectful to those asking questions, kvr and us mods if people would stop derailing threads with this over and over. :?
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Return to “Instruments”