Waves - recommend compressor

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Renaissance compressor is just the best.

h-comp
DB-160

MV2

republik wrote: I wouldn't say that I'm forcing myself to go Waves, but I'm curious with all that selection if there is anything that really stands out. It seems like people like a lot of them and each have their strengths. I definitely can't afford buying any of them at their standard price.
There's some terrific low-cost compressors out there - MJUC has already been mentioned but TDR's Kotelnikov is fantastic too - Nomad Factory offers its 1176 compressor for $10:

http://store.dontcrack.com/product_info ... ts_id=2237

Like many have said, H-Comp and Ren Comp

AegisPrime wrote:
republik wrote: I wouldn't say that I'm forcing myself to go Waves, but I'm curious with all that selection if there is anything that really stands out. It seems like people like a lot of them and each have their strengths. I definitely can't afford buying any of them at their standard price.
There's some terrific low-cost compressors out there - MJUC has already been mentioned but TDR's Kotelnikov is fantastic too - Nomad Factory offers its 1176 compressor for $10:

http://store.dontcrack.com/product_info ... ts_id=2237
It's more 1176 inspired, but it still is a great compressor.

as far as Native plugins that come from Waves,
i really like the following

as insert
-----------
CLA-3A
dBx 160
Vcomp

for Busses
----------
SSL comp
api 2500

but i really don't like their 1176 and LA-2A emulations(one of the reason for a UAD card purchase)
If your plugin is a Synth-edit/synth-maker creation, Say So.
If not Make a Mac version of your Plugins Please.

https://soundcloud.com/realmarco

...everyone is out to get me!!!!!!!

simon.a.billington wrote:
ATN69 wrote:If you want from Waves I can recomend the API2500. It's versatile.
That, the H-Comp and the BSS DPR-402.
Yes, don't overlook the DPR-402. Very versatile and sounds really good on many sources. I'd say it's one of Waves' best modeled compressors. Works great as a de-esser and limiter, too.

Cheers,
Eddie
The future exists in all directions.

The dbx, dpr and TG12345 stand head and shoulders above their other emulations imho. Just wish they'd update some of the old products to match up.

Tokyo Dawn Labs Kotelnikow is better than any Waves comps...

martinjuenke wrote:Tokyo Dawn Labs Kotelnikow is better than any Waves comps...
There's always one lol ;)
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

I used to like the C1 for individual tracks.
Checkout our VST3/VST2/AU/AAX/LV2:
Inner Pitch | Lens | Couture | Panagement | Graillon

Guillaume Piolat wrote:I used to like the C1 for individual tracks.
I can't think of a more versatile compressor - Waves or other. It can be a compressor/expander/gate/de esser/ dynamic eq/sidechain compressor. Technically even multiband if you want to compress the low and high end at the same time (use the band reject to leave the mids untouched). You can even use one channel to trigger the other - so with an m/s encoder/decoder you can trigger the sides with the mid channel or vice versa. My desert island dynamics tool for sure.
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

do_androids_dream wrote:
There's always one lol ;)
Haha!!!

Nothing has changed...

Return to “Effects”