what to do with authorizations etc.? new pc? ilok etc.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

chk071 wrote:
flakes2 wrote:Piracy is the source of these problems. The result are crippeled protection schemes. In the end its the legit users and the developers who have to suffer because of the thieves
I don't get this argument. Do your visitors have to suffer because of thieves, because they can't just go into your house through a non-existing front door? What is this "suffering" about anyway? Noone will even notice it, when C/R is used, unless you don't have a network connection. Or get bothered with a serial, once you filled it in the first time you boot the plugin. You know what's "suffering"? When someone lives in a war zone, or doesn't know where to get the next food from. First world problems, really. :party:
As I do support some other people too, I can tell you that sh1t copy protection results in huge amounts of lost productivity. The problems are a plenty.
No signature here!

to OP. You need not to worry, it will go ok.

The most important thing is to deauthorize everything that needs to be deauthorized. Move Waves, iLok, Plugin-Alliance, etc back to cloud. That's the most annoying part of it all. I absolutely f*cking hate cp systems that need to be manually deauthorized or you will lose the license.

Reinstall is the easy part. If you have kept your installers neatly organized with serials and setup files in same folder then it will be a breeze. C/R systems like Waves, iLok etc of course need to be moved back from cloud to your new computer.
No signature here!

Probably involved in this at some stage this year.

I thought the entire point of iLok was that the licence was on the iLok USB key and transferable to any computer where that software is installed. So you have to deactivate it for the old machine first using iLok manager ? Thanks

Synthman2000 wrote:Probably involved in this at some stage this year.

I thought the entire point of iLok was that the licence was on the iLok USB key and transferable to any computer where that software is installed. So you have to deactivate it for the old machine first using iLok manager ? Thanks
If the license is on the USB key then no need to deactivate. But iLok plugins can also be authorized to computer's hard drive. In that case you need to deactivate them.
No signature here!

appreciate all the help buddies :)!

so i got
WAVES
iLok
Plugin Alliance /To DO

any others you know need to get deauthorized/moved? not that i forget some plugin from my 400 plugins :D
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Thanks for confirming, I spotted that as I went through the entire thread. One has to be mentally prepared for this task and commit and then see it through to the bitter end. Just got to pick the time... like others I have a wacking great big 64bit plug in folder ready for transfer. (which I suggest to people to back up, rebuilding that from downloads would be a mini nightmare in itself.) Good luck everyone.

Return to “Instruments”