Acoustic Samples B5 - Hammond Organ VSTi

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
B-5 Organ

The best way is to use the ticket or contact system on the website.
This email should work though...

About the Bass rotor, i'm afraid it's not... unless you don't have the latest version of UVI Workstation which might explain that...
We have calculated the raising and slow down times for the horn and drum very precisely on two different and in excellent condition Leslies...

I agree though that there aren't two Leslies that have the same exact timings and i would love to be able to provide you with the Leslie timings, but i'm afraid it's not possible yet.

I have the most recent version of the UVI Workstation on my iMac running El Capitan. The ramp down sounds right, but the ramp up happens a little too fast for my tastes. Hopefully that will be something that can be updated in the future.

I had to invert the drawbars from within B5 in order to use my Novation Impulse using the B4 template. Also, it looks like I'll have to remap some functions, such as overdrive, reverb, etc. Shouldn't be a problem tho.
Running Logic Pro 10.4 under Sierra on a late 2012 27" iMac wth 24 GB RAM :tu:

Now that this has been out awhile,what do you think of it?
Are you finding any flaws?the sale ends soon.

Last day of ther sale.

My biggest/only gripe about B5, is not the clean organ sound, or the amp sims or the actual cabinet, but the rotor stage in the simulation (which can be demoed alone in the DI setting). While the cabinets are great, the rotor is just... flaccid, for lack of a better word. The doppler isn't very noticeable, and the timbral change is much less than I would expect. This isn't bad for playing wide-open stuff like bop or psychedelic rock, but it kind of kills it's power for hard rock, metal, prog, and heavier fusion. I tried it live at a gig with my rock band, fired it up for Whipping Post in place of my old B4-II, and was immediately drowned out, guys were looking at me like "what happened?"

I went back and experiment with different mic placements, cabs, and EQs, but nothing really achieved that soul-pumping grind that many other Leslie sims have. I'm desperate to replace my B4-II, and I love the overall tone of B5, but the rotor just needs some serious attention. I hope this is something that AcousticSamples has some control over, and isn't a problem with UVI. Crossing my fingers for a 2.0 update that adds flexible rotor sims or something. Unfortunately kind of a deal breaker for me in many cases :(

What about B-5 with an external Leslie?

I'm not a huge fan of B-5 Leslie, but it's ok for me. But I love MVintageRotary. Give it a try.

I wonder why Prime Mover isn't using VB3, it's just leaps and bounds better than B4-II :)

We are working on a few (actually...a lot of) things ;)

thysm00 wrote:We are working on a few (actually...a lot of) things ;)
:tu:

Merry Xmas and a Happy New!

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

EvilDragon wrote:I wonder why Prime Mover isn't using VB3, it's just leaps and bounds better than B4-II :)
I own it, and while it's definitely up there, there are both sonic and UI reasons that I don't like it as much as B4-ii. The saturation never sounded right to me, it's a bit TOO piercing. Also, even with a bridge, it doesn't play nice with Digital Performer, my main DAW, and won't run in Apple MainStage, my live performance environment. I also don't like the way that a lot of the settings are global and will carry over between instances; I don't want to worry about one change I make for one project effecting other projects. Add to that that there will never be a 64bit Mac VST or AU, so it has no better future to me than B4-ii.

And while I know some people who prefer VB3 over B4-ii, I know equally enough that, like me, prefer B4-ii, so it seems a little overdramatic to say it's "leaps and bounds better than B4-II", these are all opinions here, and I think the vast majority of users that have both feel that they're quite similar, with a few pros and cons for each.

In any case, both are dead, so here's to B5 blowing them away with future updates!

An update! Melda's "MVintageRotary" plugin is on sale now for $27, and it's a FANTASTIC Leslie sim. Combined with B5 (with the amp section bypassed), it absolutely slays. Far richer than B4-ii or VB3. So, until AcousticSamples updates their Leslie (which it sounds like they're working on), we've got our Holy Grail.

Prime Mover wrote:An update! Melda's "MVintageRotary" plugin is on sale now for $27
Where is Melda MVintageRotary with this price?

waltercruz wrote:
Prime Mover wrote:An update! Melda's "MVintageRotary" plugin is on sale now for $27
Where is Melda MVintageRotary with this price?
It was at that price for a week with their weekly "pick a few plugins to put on sale" sale.

I think it ended earlier today or yesterday. Sorry.

Sorry I missed the melda leslie sale. I was actually looking into that, and then got busy, and didn't try out the demo. And didn't hear about the sale until now.

I did buy the b5 on sale, though, and I like it a lot. I'm actually layering it with the VB3. The V gives me a little more activity on the horn of the leslie, and I can control the brilliance with the crossfade. Distortion and reverb are turned off on the VB, I don't care for either of them....

The NI vintage organ has gone away now. Wish I'd realized that VB3 went 64 bit a long time ago ;)

Only thing is UVI is a hog. Takes forever to start up, compared to kontakt and everything else I use. And cpu hit is on b5 really high, right up with Polyplex, which has held the record so far....

Time will tell, but seems like it's worth it.
Custom 2-manual midi controller. VST hosting gui built in Usine Hollyhock. Ryzen 5900x Matx build, Touchscreen, RME UCX, windows server 2022, NI Komplete, Soundtoys, Synthmaster, Keyscape, Arturia, Byome, Unify.

We just released the B-5 Version 2, it is an entirely new product with many new features and a completely different sound.
As a teaser, here is a quick video of a comparison between the B-5 and a real A-100 and Leslie 122 combo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVw4lnZrzOY

You can get the update from your account or if you don't have it yet, get it from this page: B-5 Organ V2

Return to “Instruments”