New monitors

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I don't see any monitor threads on this page. Is this the right topic? After three decades with passive JBL monitors, (they have been here since the TEAC 3340S) I finally bought a set of active JBL monitors. I opted for the smaller LS305's instead of the LS308's as the higher price might have set off the household female money alarm. So far, the alarm has been silent. When I gigged, I had an active P.A. system and the sound was awesome. These little JBL's are kicking butt, even with the bottom end. I have just updated my system with 32 GB of memory, two large SSD's and that Yamaha synth/controller (MX61) that also serves as AD/DA converter. There is no latency to speak of. I have transferred most of my samples, updated my Kontakt, Reaktor and Cubase to 64 bit. The VSTi's and VST's that I want to keep must be updated and installed on the new box. I started this project in November. I haven't started any songs since then. Perhaps if the projects become too easy to do, I will lose any inspiration. :hyper:

I don't see any monitor threads on this page. Is this the right topic?
I this supposed to be a question, or just some general chat about what hardware we run? :D

I love my Focal CMS .... couldn't live without anymore :lol: :lol:
And yes.. I know the problem with new monitors very well: everything sounds so fantastic that you are completly busy with listen to music instead of making music :clown:

:hail: :hail: :hail:

is that one of them new fangled motorised desks?

I still use my budget M-Audio monitors:

I like them though, really not much wrong with them...

I just got a pair of presonus Eris e5's.
Great monitors for the price I think. They work well and sound great in a limited space. IMHO.

wickfut wrote:is that one of them new fangled motorised desks?
yeah, a swedish one (ikea), was on sale :D

PurpleSunray wrote:
any good?

and I bought a pair of solid aluminium JBL LSR 6325p in a sale last week to use as my second monitors (my mains being PSI A25-m midfields)

lovely little things.

wickfut wrote:
PurpleSunray wrote:
any good?
I really like it. Have one @work too and got used to it - at home it's even more usefull, so you can dance while tuning synth knobs :lol:
Quality is good... it's ~1 year old and still goes up and down, no problems so far :D

could you measure the lowest point from the floor to the table top for me? I'm tempted to get one of these and then get a custom top for it

goes from 65cm -> 125cm

I have Tannoy Reveal 502, got them like a year ago. Love them! Really nice punch for their size and has an awesome stereo image.

Some seriously expensive monitors on this page! Did you guys snip the wires to the female cash alarms? 8)

Tannoy 502 are not that expensive, well at least when I bought them. I got them from Thomann for €129 each/€258 the pair. Now they are €182 each/€364 a pair. I guess I saved more than €100, and got them new, not B-Stock.

Bubbamusic wrote:Some seriously expensive monitors on this page! Did you guys snip the wires to the female cash alarms? 8)
The Focal CMS50 + Sub is about 2000€...
I lost my headphones and got some Focal Spirit Professional after trying about 100 different other ones.. :hihi: But.. they where sounding waaaaaaaay better than my KRK monitors @home. Just a complete diffferent level of accoustic quality.. so I started to only use headphones @home, which really suckz after a while.
So what to do now...... safe money and buy Focal monitors :D :D
It's like an addiction, think I need to look for a doctor soon

chk071 wrote:I still use my budget M-Audio monitors:

I like them though, really not much wrong with them...
I got the BX8 and I love them. I had a pair of Behringer before but I didn't like them. The most important thing is that I got used to mixing and mastering on my BX8 by now. It takes time to get used to what ever monitors you use, so changing to another model is kind of a long process.
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”