Virtual instruments pack designed perfectly and exclusively for live keyboard rig?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I got some great virtual instruments and sample libraries I bought for music production.
I also have Pianoteq, mainly for live usage and I'm very satisfied from it, it is an amazing virtual piano.
But what about all the other sounds a keyboardist who play in a band need?
The patches in EastWest Hollywood Orchestra for example, is not very playable for live usage.
I think there is a huge different between a strings\brass section patches found in Roland\Korg\Yamaha\Nord\Casio stage pianos and the ones in any top end orchestral libraries.

What I'm looking for is an amazing software module perfectly designed for live usage, that would turn off my motivation to save enough money for something like Korg Kronos, because I can take a relatively cheap digital piano\MIDI controller and connect it to a laptop.

Instruments whose presets are individuals in folders, (like U-he)
rather than .fxb banks, will simplify things. Place custom sounds
and folders first in the path of your daw's browser, rename the sounds
to fit an ordered usage based on your shows,
so just a few arrow-key taps or mouseclicks used for the next song up.

I think you can configure some file-association OS feature/utility to launch a standalone by clicking one of it's presets, might be handy for launching Sampletank or Pianoteq.

Korg/IKM have some iOS synth products that might make adding
an ipad to your setup worthwhile.
Cheers

Sounds like ReFx Nexus might be something worth looking into. You're kind of looking for a ROMpler type of setup, and I understand Nexus does that quite well

GSI Key Performer is geared towards live performance:

http://www.genuinesoundware.com/?a=showproduct&b=38
the secrets to old age: Faster horses, Richer Women, Bigger CPU's

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

Return to “Instruments”