MXXX wishes

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

As I get deeper into MXXX programming I came across some questions / problems / wishes:

First a question: How is the spacer supposed to be used, I expected I could make some gaps between gui elements but it does nothing for me, maybe I'm doing something wrong.

A wish: I'd love to have a meter with a built in slider, e.g. to set threshold levels directly "on the material", so the meter shows the input level in dB for example, and below it when the meter is horizontal (or right of it, when the meter is vertical) I have a slider that corresponds to the same dB values. I hope one can understand what I mean. Actually I'd generelly love to see that element on many melda plugins where we have to set a certain level.

A problem (maybe): When I try to build a gui I cannot seem to line up the panels as I wish. I suppose other than same row / next row there is no way to set where a gui element will be? Nested panels (a panel in a panel) is also not possible? No offense intended - MXXX is already very powerful as it is - I just want to make sure I really understand where the limits are.

Cheers,
Codex

Ok, so, spacer, just "omits" one field. Like if you want knobs:
k1 k2 k3 k4
k5 k6
... there you need to omit the one before k5. It's just for GUI design.

As for controls in meters, sorry not possible. There is an infinite ways of what can one do with the GUI, it's just not feasible to have it all.
As for the panels, they all arrange themselves automatically. You can only define if they will be on the same row.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Oops, the forum removes multiple spaces; what Vojtech meant was:
MeldaProduction wrote:Ok, so, spacer, just "omits" one field. Like if you want knobs:
k1 k2 k3 k4
. . .k5 k6
... there you need to omit the one before k5, by making the Multiparameter a spacer and giving it a name. It's just for GUI design.
MeldaProduction wrote:As for the panels, they all arrange themselves automatically. You can only define if they will be on the same row.
PS I'd like panels "on the same row" to be the same height.
Last edited by DarkStar on Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Damn, thanks DarkStar :D

As for the panels on the same row - actually I wanted it originally too, but it turns out it just doesn't look that easy when everything is covered with panels, especially "half-filled".
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

DarkStar wrote:Oops, the forum removes multiple spaces; what Vojtech meant was:
MeldaProduction wrote:Ok, so, spacer, just "omits" one field. Like if you want knobs:
k1 k2 k3 k4
. . .k5 k6
... there you need to omit the one before k5, by making the Multiparameter a spacer and giving it a name. It's just for GUI design.
Ok I see, but that only works horizontally not vertically right?
So if I want

Knob 1
Knob 2 (set as NewLine)
Spacer (set as NewLine)
Knob 3 (set as NewLine)

it will just render

Knob 1
Knob 2
Knob 3

for me, without any spacing...hmm is it supposed to be that way?

Cheers,
Codex

Knob1 knob2 knob3 knob4
spacer knob2 knob3 knob4
Spacer will only do as below.
But there is a way to do what you want. I will set one up.
Spencer
knobspacing.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

So what you do is create a new knob in a new row. Then go into multiparameters and disable it. It leaves the space. But it can only be one size.
spacing2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ah... that's a cool trick to do exactly what I wanted, thank you!

Cheers,
Codex

Strange... even with some color tweaking, this is the best result I could get.
test.png
Disabling the button greys it out but does not make it disapear for me...

The problem is that all the current styles have an opacity level on turned off elements.
My style above I do not do this.
Style is a can of worms. I do not like dead elements showing through as I think it just looks dirty.
You can always make your own style or modify an existing style to do what you want.
It is a shit load of work though.
Good Luck.
Spencer

Hehe it's actually intentional. I believe it is better to see that something is there, just disabled, then having an empty space, that may or may not have something in it, like a schrodinger cat so to speak :D
Vojtech

But would it be possible that instead the "spacer" also works verticall? That would be the better option anyway...

Well, I don't actually even know what you mean. Here's the thing - it is all generated in rows. So, adding and empty row wouldn't be such a big deal, but what for?
Vojtech

Yes, that's all I ask for, when I set a multiparameter to "Spacer" and switch off "Same Row" it should add an empty row after the last multiparameter. (at least when the next multiparamter also has the "Same Row" function switched off)

What for? Well, design purposes of course, to visually group things together or keep them apart without having to always us a new panel.
Just have a look at the examples in this thread...

Cheers,
Codex

Return to “MeldaProduction”