Kontakt 5.6 Free Update. Opinions?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Kontakt Kontakt Player

rasmusklump wrote:Sadly I can't have an oppinion as this stupid company doesn't let me download the software I have bought.
At the studio I have no internet, and that shitty N.I. Access, does not start on my old pc at home and says something about opngl.
Direkt links can not be found.

Thanks for nothing.
The new version can be downloaded and activated from the old Service Center. I don't think native access was ready for release.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

No I can't.

rasmusklump wrote:No I can't.
I can. I can also download directly from the NI site. You should check out your internet access if you can't.

wagtunes wrote:Well, the latest updates of Kontakt have broken Wavelore's Pedal Steel Guitar in Cubase.

Thank you very much guys.
Details? It seems to work just fine here.

EvilDragon wrote:
wagtunes wrote:Well, the latest updates of Kontakt have broken Wavelore's Pedal Steel Guitar in Cubase.

It's a very odd bug and only happens if you do certain things.

Record something. Go into the piano roll. Find a long sustained note. Take your pointer and go down to the velocity track and adjust the velocity on it moving it up and down. What should happen is that the note will ring like it should but then when you release the cursor off the velocity note, instead of just immediately cutting off, the note will ring like when you get a MIDI note that loses its MIDI off command.

After this happens, the upper end of the keyboard and various other notes, depending on the CC 4 position, simply don't play anymore and you have to reload the guitar.

This will also happen if you stop playback before a note is finished playing, though not all the time.

I have no clue what's causing this but it is one of the strangest bugs I've ever seen.

Also, my 8Dio harmonica will suddenly drop in volume for no reason. I have to reload that instrument to get the volume back.

And there are other little nagging things.

There is no question there were problems in 5.6.5. They even admitted to their being bugs. I was hoping 5.6.6 would fix them. Apparently not.

In addition, and don't ask me how this is happening, but when I load either Kontakt 8 out or 16 out in Cubase, it shows as version 5.6.6. But when I load just Kontakt 5, it shows as 5.6.5 and actually is 5.6.5.. I don't see how that's possible as all 3 versions are in the same folder and all are showing the latest update date.

This is beyond having me scratch my head. In MuLab, it shows up fine and also doesn't have this bug. So this is definitely a Cubase, NI thing.

wagtunes wrote:when I load either Kontakt 8 out or 16 out in Cubase, it shows as version 5.6.6. But when I load just Kontakt 5, it shows as 5.6.5 and actually is 5.6.5.. I don't see how that's possible as all 3 versions are in the same folder and all are showing the latest update date.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

wagtunes wrote:
EvilDragon wrote:

It's a very odd bug and only happens if you do certain things.

Record something. Go into the piano roll. Find a long sustained note. Take your pointer and go down to the velocity track and adjust the velocity on it moving it up and down. What should happen is that the note will ring like it should but then when you release the cursor off the velocity note, instead of just immediately cutting off, the note will ring like when you get a MIDI note that loses its MIDI off command.

After this happens, the upper end of the keyboard and various other notes, depending on the CC 4 position, simply don't play anymore and you have to reload the guitar.

This will also happen if you stop playback before a note is finished playing, though not all the time.

I have no clue what's causing this but it is one of the strangest bugs I've ever seen.

Also, my 8Dio harmonica will suddenly drop in volume for no reason. I have to reload that instrument to get the volume back.

And there are other little nagging things.

There is no question there were problems in 5.6.5. They even admitted to their being bugs. I was hoping 5.6.6 would fix them. Apparently not.

In addition, and don't ask me how this is happening, but when I load either Kontakt 8 out or 16 out in Cubase, it shows as version 5.6.6. But when I load just Kontakt 5, it shows as 5.6.5 and actually is 5.6.5.. I don't see how that's possible as all 3 versions are in the same folder and all are showing the latest update date.

This is beyond having me scratch my head. In MuLab, it shows up fine and also doesn't have this bug. So this is definitely a Cubase, NI thing.
I've had this issue since the library came out. You can get the voices back by hitting the exclamation point at the top of the GUI to reset the script. I talked with mark at wavelore back then and he said he was gonna work on the note handling in the script. Then he disappeared....... Coincidence!?!?!?!!??

Many libraries have this issue when adjusting velocities in cubase since it blasts midi notes out like a MF and sometimes will lose a note off in the process. The script should look for these notes every once in a while and most do, but if they don't, then the note is lost forever (or until the script is reset).

Ah_Dziz wrote:Many libraries have this issue when adjusting velocities in cubase since it blasts midi notes out like a MF and sometimes will lose a note off in the process. The script should look for these notes every once in a while and most do, but if they don't, then the note is lost forever (or until the script is reset).
Thank you. I wasn't aware of this issue. At least now I have a quicker fix than reloading the instrument.

Yep. When in need, always first restart Kontakt's audio engine by pressing the "!" button rather than reloading the instrument.

And I do think Cubase is here to blame, since it's spitting out notes like crazy, depending on how fast you edit.

EvilDragon wrote:Yep. When in need, always first restart Kontakt's audio engine by pressing the "!" button rather than reloading the instrument.

And I do think Cubase is here to blame, since it's spitting out notes like crazy, depending on how fast you edit.
I just never had this problem before. But then again, until this month, I never did a lot of country music.

Return to “Instruments”