Riviera(Free reverb): Pro-version interest?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Riviera: Hyper-Room Reverb

Hello folks. I'm about to start development on a new project but before I do, I was wondering if you and the community would be interested in a pro-version of Riviera: Hyper-Room Reverb? The current build is released as freeware on PC/Mac VST and I've already added all the features thought interesting/relevant to both mixing and creating effects. However, I'm sure there could be further improvements to be made so I'm opening the floor up to you guys.

What would you like to see added and if there could be enough new features to justify a pro-version?
Last edited by nonnaci on Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:36 am, edited 2 times in total.

AU compatibility.

Fleer wrote:AU compatibility.
Built and uploaded onto site now.

I keep meaning to try out your free reverb.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

holy cow!
This is awesome! I've only poked around about 10mins with it but, Riviera is a true winner :tu:
I'm sure given enough time I might find things I might like to have added, but this tool set is pretty marvelous as is!! :D

Thanks sooo much for this nice work!!!

Just now downloaded. Thanks for this!

I haven't had a chance to install it yet, much less wrap my head around it, but whenever I see the word 'convolution', I always wonder whether it's a plug that can either create and export IRs, or import and manipulate them, in order to extend its versatility. Does Riviera do either, or would that be a useful addition for a pro version?

blortblort wrote:holy cow!
This is awesome! I've only poked around about 10mins with it but, Riviera is a true winner :tu:
I'm sure given enough time I might find things I might like to have added, but this tool set is pretty marvelous as is!! :D

Thanks sooo much for this nice work!!!
You're welcome!
GreyLion wrote:Just now downloaded. Thanks for this!

I haven't had a chance to install it yet, much less wrap my head around it, but whenever I see the word 'convolution', I always wonder whether it's a plug that can either create and export IRs, or import and manipulate them, in order to extend its versatility. Does Riviera do either, or would that be a useful addition for a pro version?
Almost. Convolution is a technique typically used for filtering and adding reverb with finite length impulse responses recorded in the real-world. In this hybrid plugin, the finite length impulse response is instead algorithmically generated by constraining the imagined space around the sound-source and listener to be "orthotopes" of varying dimensions; half the controls modify how large each dimension is, where you are relative to the center of the space, and how reflective the walls are.

Having a button to export the generated impulse response could be useful (time-saver) although most DAWs should already have the capability to sample an effect by say sending a unit pulse through it. I'll add this to the list of possible features.

I'm getting clicks in it so must have a folder in wrong directory or something

acousticglue wrote:I'm getting clicks in it so must have a folder in wrong directory or something
Hrmm. Can you specify the DAW and whether you're using PC/mac VST or AU?

half the controls modify how large each dimension is, where you are relative to the center of the space, and how reflective the walls are.
If you had a picture of a head, that could be moved like in Melda's MReverb.
Spatial positioning system

Using a simple viewer you can easily drag the sound source and the plugin will set all required parameters to make it sound like it is being played in the specified room and position.
Maybe use something similar (graphic) for dimension and wall reflection.

The sliders could be used for fine tuning parameters.

Aloysius wrote:
half the controls modify how large each dimension is, where you are relative to the center of the space, and how reflective the walls are.
If you had a picture of a head, that could be moved like in Melda's MReverb.
Spatial positioning system

Using a simple viewer you can easily drag the sound source and the plugin will set all required parameters to make it sound like it is being played in the specified room and position.
Maybe use something similar (graphic) for dimension and wall reflection.

The sliders could be used for fine tuning parameters.
Yep, I considered this approach and normally it will work for dimensions 1-3. However, interactions becomes less intuitive in higher dimensions such as a tesseract where geometric projections onto a screen must be learned. The other way may be to have a non-interactive viewer that only displays the position and projective geometry but keep parameter modification to sliders.

That seems like a good idea.

Updated to version 1.2.3 which exposes a FFT parameter that controls load-balancing in low-latency settings (my defaults were causing click artifacts when reverb duration is long on some older machines). In short, lowering this setting will decrease peak CPU usage at a cost of higher average CPU usage.

Wow, sounds good. :tu:

Is there a user manual?

Chris-S wrote:Wow, sounds good. :tu:

Is there a user manual?
The readme.txt within the package describes the various controls. No visuals tho as new features were added every release but maybe someday I'll cross-post on the blog.

Return to “Effects”