Pulsar 900 Series

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
900 Series Modular Synthesizer

If it was for Windows too i am in too.
Reality is a Condition due to Lack of Weed!

Great to know there is such interest in a Windows port. There is some progress on that but because it will require a fair bit of new code I also want to bring in new things, expand the scope, raise the ambition . However, I will have no more info until I actually have something to show. It will be a while. Stay tuned

pulsarmodular wrote:Great to know there is such interest in a Windows port. There is some progress on that but because it will require a fair bit of new code I also want to bring in new things, expand the scope, raise the ambition . However, I will have no more info until I actually have something to show. It will be a while. Stay tuned
Make it a real multi-touch experience too.....if possible.

Do you notice the green/blue tint over the entire GUI? Apparently the P900 GUI was created by photographing the real hardware. I like this idea a lot. But of course if you are going to go photographic, you have, among other issue, colour balance to deal with which would be a real challenge unless the lighting was done perfectly. I am not sure exactly where this colour cast comes from but I can't stand it.

So I figured out a way to fix it. Here is the original GUI (bottom) and the "colour corrected" GUI (top). Let me know which you prefer. I can always make available the colour corrected files for you to replace in your P900.component.

It's not perfect, there is still some red tint in the highlights and over-all it's just not uniform but for me the corrected version is much nicer to work with.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

How many machines can this be licensed on? I have my license going on my main music workstation but also use a macbook pro for remote work and would like to license it on that as well.

Also, what happens if say the motherboard dies, how do we recover our license?

plexuss wrote:How many machines can this be licensed on? I have my license going on my main music workstation but also use a macbook pro for remote work and would like to license it on that as well.

Also, what happens if say the motherboard dies, how do we recover our license?
You get two activations per license and you can move these between computers as much as you want. The license dialog allows you to deactivate as well as activate licenses. Each activation is linked to a Mac's serial number.

If your machine dies and you loose an activation that way, pls contact info@pulsarmodular.com.

<delete>
Last edited by egbert101 on Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
<List your stupid gear here>

plexuss wrote:Do you notice the green/blue tint over the entire GUI? Apparently the P900 GUI was created by photographing the real hardware. I like this idea a lot. But of course if you are going to go photographic, you have, among other issue, colour balance to deal with which would be a real challenge unless the lighting was done perfectly. I am not sure exactly where this colour cast comes from but I can't stand it.

So I figured out a way to fix it. Here is the original GUI (bottom) and the "colour corrected" GUI (top). Let me know which you prefer. I can always make available the colour corrected files for you to replace in your P900.component.

It's not perfect, there is still some red tint in the highlights and over-all it's just not uniform but for me the corrected version is much nicer to work with.
Awesome! I've had good luck using a whibal card with my camera and then color correcting in photoshop when taking pics. Seems like your corrected version is much easier on the eyes. Still waiting for a windows/vst port!

republik wrote:
Cinebient wrote:
BasariStudios wrote:
republik wrote:but I assume it's because it's Mac AU only.
Why else?
I think also it's a one man show (at least a very small team at best)?
Also there was/is not build a hype via merketing etc.
The sound is just awesome (better than most of the famous brands) and i hope the developer has a bright future. Also the GUI is smooth as hell (zooming, scrolling, different sizes etc.) and support is great.
Still hoping for version 1.1. soon to get the VCO-921 and new GUI skins. Then i'm happy for a while (i'm already with this).
Awesome! Looking forward to that. Do you know if there is external audio input? Wishful thinking!
Was this question ever answered? If it's not possible yet is it difficult to implement?

masterhiggins wrote:
republik wrote:
Cinebient wrote:
BasariStudios wrote:
republik wrote:Do you know if there is external audio input? Wishful thinking!
Was this question ever answered? If it's not possible yet is it difficult to implement?
Not possible ATM. It requires some work and needs to be packed as a different type of plugin in the AU environment (effect instead of instrument) with removal of at least one module (MIDI/CV converter) and addition of another (audio input). Definately on the wish list for future enhancements.

plexuss wrote:Do you notice the green/blue tint over the entire GUI? Apparently the P900 GUI was created by photographing the real hardware. I like this idea a lot. But of course if you are going to go photographic, you have, among other issue, colour balance to deal with which would be a real challenge unless the lighting was done perfectly. I am not sure exactly where this colour cast comes from but I can't stand it.

Indeed there is an issue with color balance and the 1.1 version includes some correction for that, although I think that may be what is referenced in the example. Anyway, how these changes are perceived seem quite subjective IMHO. Personally don't find the red tint any better, just different, but it's great that plexuss was able to change it according to his preferences :tu:

pulsarmodular wrote:

Indeed there is an issue with color balance and the 1.1 version includes some correction for that, although I think that may be what is referenced in the example. Anyway, how these changes are perceived seem quite subjective IMHO. Personally don't find the red tint any better, just different, but it's great that plexuss was able to change it according to his preferences :tu:
Also monitor colour rendition will also change things, especially images with a uniform cast on them. I calibrate my monitors using i1 calibrator. But for me there is a definite blue-green cast over the UI which actually hurts my eyes.

It's great that the P900 has easily accessible UI images that enabled me to do this. I simply applied the same correction across all the UI elements but I think the next refinement will be tweeking each module independently as the colour cast is not uniform over all the modules. I'll also work out a way to get rid of the red cast.

It's interesting that you see a significant red cast, or at least that is what I am infering - to me there is very little to no cast over-all. there is red in the highlights such as the vertical aluminum rails on the sides of the modules.

It would be great if you can keep the module graphics accessible and able to be modified as you evolve the product. others may want to create some interesting skins for this.

pulsarmodular wrote:Not possible ATM. It requires some work and needs to be packed as a different type of plugin in the AU environment (effect instead of instrument) with removal of at least one module (MIDI/CV converter) and addition of another (audio input). Definately on the wish list for future enhancements.
That's great to hear (that it's on your wishlist). The filter sounds soooo damn gorgeous. The whole synth is the best I've heard in software so far. Incredibly impressive.

You can get the manual here:
http://www.pulsarmodular.com/wp-content ... _EN_V1.pdf

But i think its the older ver.

Instant buy when it will get ported to Windows.

Return to “Instruments”