Removing pops and clicks from my album

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am producing my album of electronic instrumental music. So I am close to the stage of finishing it all and "checking for pops/clicks/artefacts." Is there software to help this [izotope?] or could I use free software [audacity?].

I use FL Studio as my DAW. I have set it to reduce artefact errors.

Electronic music produced in a DAW without acoustic recordings is not likely to contain pops & clicks. Unless you're doing your own mastering and failed to do that properly. So my advice would be to send it to a mastering engineer. He'll take care of stuff like that. It costs some monely but you'll get a far better professional-grade end product.
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

If there are clicks and pops in electronic production, you might have screwed up something at any point of production (clicky synth envelope?) and mastering will be of a little help. At least for the price it takes :hihi:
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

izotope de-click is magic. It's part of the RX pack which is on sale right now, it works well and it will count up the number of clicks that it corrects that are within the threshold.

There are often reasons beyond your control why you get clicks, so it's a great tool to have. It has saved several takes for me where it was not possible to repeat the take.

iZotope RX5 Advanced, use it every day, paid for itself many times over.

iZotope RX standalone is brilliant for this task, though you might be better off hunting for the initial cause of the pops and clicks.

Do you have some audio examples?

Return to “Production Techniques”