Timewarp 2600 / Sonivox question

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

If it's unstable for you, just install a previous version. Though, you'll have to go 32 bit.

Versions 1.4.1 or 1.1.5 are stable and productive.

I sure hope that 1.7 arrives soon. It's taking forever.

I wish uhe took over this product, a dev who is really friendly to communicate with and knowledgeable as hell too.
"The educated person is one who knows how to find out what he does not know" - George Simmel
“It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.” - John Wooden

HunterKiller wrote:If it's unstable for you, just install a previous version. Though, you'll have to go 32 bit.

I wish uhe took over this product, a dev who is really friendly to communicate with and knowledgeable as hell too.
U-he doing a 2600 would be awesome.

aMUSEd wrote:
sbangs_air wrote:
egbert101 wrote:Considering it's so close to abandonware, the C/R kills it for me. If I can be sure I can transfer it to another PC in future, with serial, I would have bought it for £35.99. Oh well. Still have Arturia.
C/R isnt a problem we can move this at any time for you and have no plans to discontinue the title.
We are currently working on a refresh of this and its sister product kikaxxe.
Good - it's crashing in NI Kore 2 which although old was actually a host it was originally working well in, NI even made a built in template for it.
And crashing Studio One v3!

Oh and stuck keys in Tracktion 7 - this thing is buggy!

wagtunes wrote:
HunterKiller wrote:If it's unstable for you, just install a previous version. Though, you'll have to go 32 bit.

But they have Zebra and Bazille which are superior
Amazon: why not use an alternative

VariKusBrainZ wrote:
But they have Zebra and Bazille which are superior
I would rather an inferior crappy sounding but authentic ARP 2600. :hihi:
<List your stupid gear here>

wagtunes wrote:

There is a big doubts that Urs will do it, because both of current U-he modulars have a common concept: they cannot generate the sound without midi "note on" command. Ie, as i understand, this is constant ideology, unfortunately (this has already been discussed on the uhe forum).
Though i like ACE sound, it really powerful, but rarely use because this (it may seem strange, well, such "modular" aesthetics. And because of this i still not bought Bazille (though very want :cry: :) )
So, i can not imagine Arp 2600 which cant produce sound by itself. It will be some wrong ARP.

woggle wrote:
bobhva wrote:
woggle wrote:
Numanoid wrote: It is too bad that users can't demo it.
for sure it is - I bought it for nostalgia reasons on this sale but it will not register on my machine - does not connect to the net at all by the looks of things. Simon got back to me fairly quickly with a proposed solution but that does not work either. I appreciate his quick response but not really that interested in spending a few hours getting a software plugin to work. Hopefully a quick and easy solution or refund happens soon.
Something similar happened to me. I got it to register(finally), then every time I tried to load the plugin it would crash my DAW or my entire system. After over a week of trying to communicate with Sonivox I decided on a refund. Even at $39 I can't bring myself to try it again. I do give Simon some credit for trying, but overall Sonivox has terrible customer service.
thanks, yeah I am thinking the refund route - I really hate stuff that doesn't work or is unreliable.
Just want to say that both sonivox and pluginboutique were great to deal with for my registration problem and I got a refund very quickly. It is a shame TimeWARP did not work for me but their response was excellent and I would have no problems dealing with either company in the future if the occasion arises.

you have to register it on a 32 Bit Daw, the 64 Bit Version also crashes my DAWs. I am happy that
Bitwig can handle 32 and 64 Bit plugins. If its already registerd, the 64 Bit Version works in my DAW

c_voltage wrote:
wagtunes wrote:

There is a big doubts that Urs will do it, because both of current U-he modulars have a common concept: they cannot generate the sound without midi "note on" command. Ie, as i understand, this is constant ideology, unfortunately (this has already been discussed on the uhe forum).
Though i like ACE sound, it really powerful, but rarely use because this (it may seem strange, well, such "modular" aesthetics. And because of this i still not bought Bazille (though very want :cry: :) )
So, i can not imagine Arp 2600 which cant produce sound by itself. It will be some wrong ARP.
+1. I sold Bazille because of this issue and I really enjoy MadronaLabs Aalto for its open gate :tu:
rabbit in a hole

Autobot wrote:
c_voltage wrote:
wagtunes wrote:

+1. I sold Bazille because of this issue and I really enjoy MadronaLabs Aalto for its open gate :tu:
Yes, i also fan of all software which can generate signal without pianoroll. (Including filters with selfoscillation :lol: ).
But unfortunately someday have to buy Bazille anyway (even if i will not use it) just because unusual.
Aalto yes, one of most musthaves on market.

sacer wrote:you have to register it on a 32 Bit Daw, the 64 Bit Version also crashes my DAWs. I am happy that
Bitwig can handle 32 and 64 Bit plugins. If its already registerd, the 64 Bit Version works in my DAW
I was able to register TimewARP in Reaper 64-bit, after the registration crashed my other 64-bit DAW. Not sure this is a 32-bit issue. Using the 64-bit plugin.

Once registered, it works fine in all of my DAWs :tu:
Windows 10 and too many plugins

Think I would rather have iLok than C/R...

All the other sonivox products I got with the "bundle" I can run off iLok... but not so for tw2600.

Bought this with a coupon which came to 20-ish dollars. I'm reading Philip K Dick's 'Time Out of Joint' at the moment so I took it as a sign heheh (TimewARP?). Figure for that price I'd cut my losses if there were cpu issues or what have you.

I can't front, this thing is great. Pretty wild and a little bit dangerous even, which i like. Already had a couple hair straight back moments, gave myself a few starts to be sure. It's been stable on the system thus far in Windows 8.1.

So credit where it's due, a very nice soft synth imo. I managed to save one preset but I'm not sure how exactly, that said I have no problem tweaking it to taste on a per project basis and simply saving that. Really like the sound quality. So far so good though I've only had it a day or so.
Last edited by nusound mind on Mon May 15, 2017 3:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

nusound mind wrote:Bought this with a coupon which came to 20-ish dollars.
Nice deal. Care to share the details?

70% off at Plugin Boutique with a token. Hard to pass up considering i nearly bought it for more on a different sale earlier in the year.

Return to “Instruments”