Camel Audio Alchemy 64-bit

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

c_voltage wrote:
TranceWriter wrote:I ran the install file which is AlchemyWin-1-55-01.exe .
Hi, but actually the latest installer named as "AlchemyWin-1-55-0.exe" , without "01", or i am wrong ? 8)
Why would you attempt to answer someone's question from over a year ago ? :dog:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

If the user bumping was about to reinstall Alchemy, s/he might wanted to double check that s/he is in possession of the latest version of the installer

Teksonik wrote:
c_voltage wrote:
TranceWriter wrote:I ran the install file which is AlchemyWin-1-55-01.exe .
Hi, but actually the latest installer named as "AlchemyWin-1-55-0.exe" , without "01", or i am wrong ? 8)
Why would you attempt to answer someone's question from over a year ago ? :dog:
No no, i'm just want to make sure about right version number.
It is understood that the answer to my question is can anyone (who have this latest version), ie not necessarily the one I quoted.

So your question is "what is the latest version of Alchemy" ?

The one I have on a backup drive shows 1.55.0.0
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Rather - what name has the installer file.

Teksonik wrote:The one I have on a backup drive shows 1.55.0.0
Thanks, this is exactly what I wanted to make sure.

I totally missed the news that Apple had acquired Camel Audio and then shut it down. I just bought a new MacBook, but don't have the installers for Alchemy, the sound banks I bought, or Camel Crusher anywhere.

Is there a way for me to get these things for my system? I'm running 64-bit Mac.

It's great software and so many of my existing music projects use the plugins. I'd hate to lose the ability to continue working on my old music.

My apologies if this has been hashed to death elsewhere. I've been unsuccessful at finding the info.

I do think that it's very bad form that Camel closed down their website and cut off their users from the products that they had paid for, even with the six month window that was allowed.

edgessey wrote:I totally missed the news that Apple had acquired Camel Audio and then shut it down. I just bought a new MacBook, but don't have the installers for Alchemy, the sound banks I bought, or Camel Crusher anywhere.

Is there a way for me to get these things for my system? I'm running 64-bit Mac.

It's great software and so many of my existing music projects use the plugins. I'd hate to lose the ability to continue working on my old music.

My apologies if this has been hashed to death elsewhere. I've been unsuccessful at finding the info.
Sorry, I think, it's impossible. All installers are signed so you can use your own only. The Camel site doesn't exist anymore.

You're on Mac... May be, Alchemy 2 which is part of Logic and MainStage now is compatible with the previous version? MainStage is really cheap, it can't be a big problem.

Or try to copy your files from the old comp to the new one. I don't know if it works.

andrew71 wrote:I do think that it's very bad form that Camel closed down their website and cut off their users from the products that they had paid for, even with the six month window that was allowed.
They had to. It was in the contract from Apple. When somebody makes you a millionaire/gives you permanent well paid work, you do what they say.

I'm pretty sure 99.999% of the rest of us would do the same.
Last edited by bmanic on Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

Neon Breath wrote:
Astralv wrote:Um- how about developing their own plugins and not take over smaller companies and then kick out millions of users that paid for the software. They did it with Logic (Created by Emagic), they did it with Alchemy. If they took it over, they should leave Windows version where it was, available and supported. I paid for Logic, and then had to switch to another DAW and pay again. I paid for Alchemy, and now everybody got it for free.
Simply because a takeover is a general well known business model, and that's the one they've chosen to follow. Simple as that. No big deal here, it's something we see every weeks in business of all kinds. No matter if you're happy with it or not, they did nothing wrong or illegal...
Yes, buying other business to get market share, or technology, or for the strategic reasons for "consolidation" is a normal business act.
On the other hand, talking about walking in the legal/illegal borderline, this is also everyday business practice for the Apple, with all the tax avoiding, patent insulting etc. unethical practicies.
However "normal" and legal this is, its evenly legitim for the end user to raise his/her voice and say his/her word about this. The little end user is the one who pays for these transactions, e.g, in Emagic or Camel Audio case, no matter how "grown up" we are, its quite natural to complain when somone urinates in your morning porridge bowl. :evil:

You're on Mac... May be, Alchemy 2 which is part of Logic and MainStage now is compatible with the previous version? MainStage is really cheap, it can't be a big problem.

Or try to copy your files from the old comp to the new one. I don't know if it works.
Great ideas. I didn't know about MainStage. I'll get that now and try rewire. You're right, it is cheap. Maybe I'll really like to have it for other reasons, too. It's cheaper than a single soundbank pack from Alchemy was.

Can anyone still run their old installer? I was just trying to install alchemy on another box and now it keeps asking me to login, which obviously isnt going to work. I remember before it just popped up as an offline installer and let me install everything that was in the same dir, which doesnt seem to be happening anymore. I even used this same backup previously in the summer after building my new desktop, so I know my backup is good

I specifically made an entire full backup of my account before they shutdown to avoid this, so Im pretty sure I have everything I possibly need. This was with their last installer release, the all-in-one supposedly offline one, not the 1.55.etc one

-edit
Ah hah, so I figured it out. You have to have failed attempts for it to fallback to offline mode. So I had to do 3 bad login attempts, get to the offline page. Then change the 'download' location my backup location, close the installer and do it all over again, then when you get back to the offline page it will scan all your local files

edgessey wrote:

Great ideas. I didn't know about MainStage. I'll get that now and try rewire. You're right, it is cheap. Maybe I'll really like to have it for other reasons, too. It's cheaper than a single soundbank pack from Alchemy was.
I'd have 2 successes based on those ideas. They both worked! Sharing with the thread for posterity:

1. I managed to get Mainstage to work as an external instrument using IAC and Loopback by Amoeba. This isn't ideal, but it is a very nice setup. Unfortunately MainStage doesn't support running as a ReWire Slave though.

2. I managed to copy all of the installation files from my old computer to my new computer, and it just works!

ezelkow1 wrote:Can anyone still run their old installer? I was just trying to install alchemy on another box and now it keeps asking me to login, which obviously isnt going to work. I remember before it just popped up as an offline installer and let me install everything that was in the same dir, which doesnt seem to be happening anymore. I even used this same backup previously in the summer after building my new desktop, so I know my backup is good

I specifically made an entire full backup of my account before they shutdown to avoid this, so Im pretty sure I have everything I possibly need. This was with their last installer release, the all-in-one supposedly offline one, not the 1.55.etc one

-edit
Ah hah, so I figured it out. You have to have failed attempts for it to fallback to offline mode. So I had to do 3 bad login attempts, get to the offline page. Then change the 'download' location my backup location, close the installer and do it all over again, then when you get back to the offline page it will scan all your local files
When I reinstalled recently, I think I disabled my internet connection. That allowed the installer to run in offline mode. Either that or I tried to login three times and it was a coincidence.

Return to “Instruments”