New: KICK N' BRUSH - a unique drum library for Kontakt

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Been working on this for a while.:) The library is now available at a friendly -50% intro price until May 14th here: http://www.loopsdelacreme.com/kontakt-libraries

It's not your typical brush kit, as it focuses on kicks and snares only, with heavy use of original brushes (metal, nylon, wood...), tons of sound options, and cool tempo-synced rhythms and fill-ins.

KICK N' BRUSH
A fantastic collection of snare drums played with brushes and custom kick drums. Highly realistic, unique and classy: Essential!
  • Easily play realistic jazz brush grooves
  • boost your productivity with tempo-synced rhythms and fill-ins
  • design your own unique drum sounds with the built-in mixers and effects
Watch the video demo:
https://vimeo.com/212228602
  • 14 kick drums (raw and processed)
  • 9 snare drums played with varied brushes (metal, wood, nylon...)
  • realistic brush articulations (hits, sweeps...)
  • Fully configurable effects and mixer sections
  • 10 'styles' presets with tempo-synced grooves and fill-ins
  • 5 Round-robin, up to 18 velocities for maximum realism
  • 5043 samples (mono and stereo WAV, 24bit, 48kHz)
  • 20 custom IRs (reverb)
  • total size uncompressed: 1,36GB
  • full Kontakt 5.3.1+ required !!!
  • list price: €79,- (+VAT for EU customers)
  • SPECIAL INTRO OFFER: €39 only! (ends May 21st)
more infos: http://www.loopsdelacreme.com/kontakt-libraries
Last edited by boogaju on Sun May 14, 2017 9:36 am, edited 2 times in total.

Hi!

Can it do brush swirls to tempo?

Thanks.

banananut wrote:Hi!
Can it do brush swirls to tempo?
Thanks.
Yes :)
One of the included styles presets ('swing') offers 5 different tempo-synced brush swirls grooves and 3 complimentary fill-ins. It's super easy and sounds great, that's what I'm using in the intro of the video demo. :phones:

I have to congratulate you on this -- the demo's the best I've seen for this style and shows a real understanding of what's needed. Now just add a good jazz sampled hi-hat and set of cymbals... :) There's just so much expression you need when playing jazz, right across the kit.

Although I'm completely uninterested in the loops/grooves/mixer styles, it sounds like you've done a good job there, too -- and, again, the demo's very good!

I've yet to see a full sampled kit that's easily playable from a e-drum trigger kit in a jazz style: that's not entirely down to the samplers -- the hardware isn't really designed to handle the detail and style you need for jazz. Every time I get a new jazz kit I try to work out how best to trigger it and it's never "right"...

(If I had a brush kit that was missing a snare that sounds as good as the demo, I'd be tempted.)

Hi pljones thanks a lot for chiming in and your positive feedback, very much appreciated :hug: :tu:
You're right triggering a sampled jazz kit with an e-drum set is a real challenge! I always develop the kits and all libraries for keyboard first, I'll usually use a pad controller as well to check playability, but haven't done anything specific for e-drums (yet) :)

wavesfactory did proper shakers last year, and now we get some kickin brushes from ldlc this year?

I like it.

Armagibbon wrote:wavesfactory did proper shakers last year, and now we get some kickin brushes from ldlc this year?
I like it.
Yea, lots of great and very realistic/useful Kontakt instruments! :D
Don't forget our little EASY TAMBOURINES, also super useful :wink:

I started working on a nice little update for the library, with new sounds, a new GUI button to bypass the EQ and filters, and a few new ‘style’ instruments with new beats and fills. The update will be free for all customers. :party:
Don't hesitate to get in touch if you have requests or ideas for this awesome little groover :tu:

Free update should be available within the next two weeks or so... 8)

The library has now been updated.
There are many new sounds: new brush sweeps, hihat, cymbals and toms samples, and electronic kicks. A few alternative keyboard layouts are also offered (like a cool standard GM brush kit) and 10 new 'styles' with grooves and fill-ins :D
To go with the update, the intro offer has been extended until May 21st :tu:
Read what's new in the update here:
https://static1.squarespace.com/static/ ... UPDATE.pdf

boogaju wrote:
Armagibbon wrote:wavesfactory did proper shakers last year, and now we get some kickin brushes from ldlc this year?
I like it.
Yea, lots of great and very realistic/useful Kontakt instruments! :D
Don't forget our little EASY TAMBOURINES, also super useful :wink:
Lookin at easy bongos there too. Might grab that while I'm at it...

Armagibbon wrote: Lookin at easy bongos there too. Might grab that while I'm at it...
Yea, it's a cool and useful tool as well :wink:
If you want to get several libraries at once, you can create your own bundle online and get a nice little discount. More infos about bundles:
http://www.loopsdelacreme.com/bundles/

Wonderful stuff! Especially the brush articulations are what i was looking for and you did an excellent job (not only) on this. :tu:

You are among my top 5 devs now Julien.. ..so i keep watching you! :lol:
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

murnau wrote:Wonderful stuff! Especially the brush articulations are what i was looking for and you did an excellent job (not only) on this. :tu:
You are among my top 5 devs now Julien.. ..so i keep watching you! :lol:
Thanks a lot for the feedback and the kind words, much appreciated :) :tu:

Only two days left to get €40 off KICK N' BRUSH!! :o :party:

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”