Are you a musician?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

How many here actually play an instrument? If not, what's the connection to music that brings you here? If yes, links? 8)

Topic for Everything else forum me thinks

I mean, I am mainly in KVR because I am interested in plugin news, and deals.

Participating in HPC from time to time, is just an effect of that.

Piano
Guitar
Drums

These days, 97% synth keys...

I have come to the conclusion that playing an instrument does not make one a musician, so I'm not, I guess I'm just a crappy guitar and keyboard player. :lol:
~stratum~

Nah i just collect stuff.
:borg:

No, production, software. :tu:
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

I have been playing kit drums for a really long time.

I do lots of other stuff, I compose and record and arrange and mix... the composing I have been doing for almost as long as drumming.The rest I damn near learned here at kvr.

While I love doing all of this stuff, it is mostly drumming that people know me for, that and recordings and samples of my drumming.

I also record bands and solo artists.
http://johngumpontheweb.com

Yes, electric guitar. Not often on my tracks, though. I find that I can "play" impossible chords/runs with Shreddage...

Yes, I am. I play drums (main instrument), guitar and bass, as well as piano/keyboards, although I don't own a piano or keyboard of any sort. Can also sing somewhat.
My solo projects:
Hekkräiser (experimental) | MFG38 (electronic/soundtrack) | The Santtu Pesonen Project (metal/prog)

No, I am a drummer...I like to hang around musicians.

Yes... I confess... I AM

I am engineer, I make electronic devices obey my will!
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

I play banjo. Does that count?
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

i learn guitar when i was 15 , what call me here ? not enough track on my Tascam ;) And after , i discovered VST and synth , so i learn basic piano and after drum basic ....and soon i discovered that i am the only one who has the better idea for my song. ;)

I started playing guitar at 8 years old, and got a really good electric Fender telecaster deluxe at 13 years old. Played it constantly.
Got a casio keyboard at 15, and learned some basic keyboard scales on it, as I used it for accompaniment for guitar practice.
Got a Roland D20 in 89 and started doing sound design with it.
Sold that many years later 2002/03, and didn't get into synths again until 2007, which I just make sounds with still ten years later.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”