Creating harmonies

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all,

For many years, I have been hoping for a plugin version of Eventide's harmonizer. Now it's finally here, and I have looked at the many (great) videos on Eventide's site. It's also a good buy at the moment.

That said, what I really wanted it for was for creating harmonies, for fattening choruses etc in pop music demos. I used to do this with Roland's VP-70 back in the days. After looking at the videos, I realize that this is not really what the Harmonizer is about (or so it seems), it looks like it's more geared towards the 70's sounds and psychodelia.

So what would be a good option for addning harmonies to my pop music today? I'm a trained chior singer myself but would like to do it by sending in chords instead, for convenience.

I guess that the more expensive versions of Melodyne can accomplish something like this but am not sure how easy it is. With the VP-70, one would just add chords on a track and then hook the track up to the vocal track (as with a vocoder). It was really, really sweet, and it was twenty years ago!

Thanks for any suggestions!

Petter
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:15 pm Passing Bye wrote:
"look at SparkySpark's post 4 posts up, let that sink in for a moment"
Go MuLab!

Have a look at Melda's MUnison, in harmonizer mode it will do exactly what you're looking for.

CMX from stillwellaudio is the one i keep coming back to

SparkySpark wrote:...That said, what I really wanted it for was for creating harmonies, for fattening choruses etc in pop music demos...
Perhaps you should take a look at Quadravox.

https://www.eventideaudio.com/products/ ... /quadravox

+1 Quadravox. Astounding piece of kit. :tu:
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

+1 on Vielklang
Nectar 2 from Izotope is a monster and does a lot more than just harmonies.

Thanks a lot. You all rock. :)

I noticed that there is a CM version of Vielklang, and I'll borrow the CM edition in question to check it out. The other suggestions seem to do the trick too, and very nicely as well.

Of course, I'm still considering also investing in the Harmonizer from Eventide - what a classic piece of gear! (Oh Superman comes to mind...)

Thanks again!
Go MuLab!

Sampleconstruct wrote:Have a look at Melda's MUnison, in harmonizer mode it will do exactly what you're looking for.
I use this with vocals with beautiful results.

Wow, I just looked at https://www.meldaproduction.com/product/unique

These guys have really developed some crazy stuff! Really impressive (and good-looking) products!
Go MuLab!

If you prefer hardware, TC Helicon has a wide array of options.
http://www.tc-helicon.com/en/
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

Thanks, that was a new one to me, I think.
Go MuLab!

kelvyn wrote:+1 on Vielklang
Nectar 2 from Izotope is a monster and does a lot more than just harmonies.
I just looked at Neutron and (the free) Neutrino from Izotope. These are really interesting plugins that are designed for taking out the guesswork from mixing. Almost like cheating. :) Really, really cool products!
Go MuLab!

Bodhisan wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:Have a look at Melda's MUnison, in harmonizer mode it will do exactly what you're looking for.
I use this with vocals with beautiful results.
It truly is a great plug-in, even makes me sound half decent. :scared:

Return to “Effects”