Repro-1 on GNU/Linux, how to Enter Serial Number?

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have a serial number for Repro-1, which I successfully have been using with the Windows version. Trying to use it with the GNU/Linux version, I am out of luck finding a way to enter it.

Trying to load the VST in Bitwig or Carla, then opening the GUI, I get this popup saying "Thank you for trying our softare" followed by an option called "enter your serial number". Clicking inside that field feels like an intuitive thing to do at this point, but doing so does exactly nothing. I'd expect a cursor start blinking, letting me enter my serial number, but no. Should I start typing something, my key presses would have effect in another window. It's like I cannot focus in the popup. Clicking the other fields, "purchase a license" and "Visit Support..." makes things happen in the web browser though.

So, question: What should I do?

Using Ubuntu 17.04 amd64, Bitwig 2.0 demo, nvidia proprietary video driver and Repro-1-5332.

hmm... i can tell that it definitley works somehow, because I registered my copy on Linux. I think I did it just as you described. What if you don't use the pop up, but when went past that there should also be the possibility to register from one of the menus? (right cklick on the u-he logo maybe?). As my version is already registered I can't find that menu entry anmyore.

I also use Repro-1 on Linux although I simply do not remember the registration step. Zombie magic !

Sounds like a bug that has been cropping up for certain versions of Linux/hosts, I would post in the Linux thread and I suspect the guy who deals with Linux will see it there and reply.

Repo-1 works great on Fedora 25 Linux, I have it running in Ardour and Reaper (development version)

Return to “u-he”