Samplitude users - how do you deal with poor support from Magix?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

khanyz wrote:Magic and Samplitude have different support. If you have Samplitude then you deal with the Pro support, if you have Music Studio then you deal with the regular support and if you can't tell the differnce then you are a moron.
Pot... kettle

Obviously we're talking about Samplitude so we're talking about Magix's Pro (but not so Professional at all) U.S. support, and if you can't understand that from this thread than you must be a...

^ I removed the moron as that's probably a bit much, but US support has always been a satellite operation which was primarily for sales problems, in my experience. To sort stuff you always called Germany. It's like Steinberg but you get a response.
I miss MindPrint. My TRIO needs a big brother.

Magix support is a bag of shit. Simply.

When I reached out for help regarding Pro-X3 crashing when loading VST's on the fly vs successfully using Pro-X2 in this way and NOT having this issue I simply got the reply "Stop the playback, that's like trying to put the car into gear without the clutch"

From that point I gave up on support unless it's for mundane shit like license transfers or upgrades or sales, which they have always been prompt and responsive with. Technical stuff just hits a brick wall with them.

Still use and love the product though and probably wouldn't change (Pro X2)

^^^^still on Pro X2 myself and I have no desire to change :)
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

the worst thing is the almost total lack of good help and tutorials. it's amazing to me considering how powerful in features it is but there seems to be no desire to help customers get the most from it. that alone is really baffling... is their customer base so strong that there is no need to provide decent help?

Kranzets videos are awesome though, Tim made some too and there are others
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

inkwarp wrote:the worst thing is the almost total lack of good help and tutorials.
I'm not sure which DAW you're talking about. The regular Samplitude Pro X2 manual alone has nearly 1000 (!) pages, the separate "Tutorials" manual some 350 (!) pages. Furthermore, there are various other manuals within the "Documentation" folder. If that's still not enough help for you, you'll find quite a few video tutorials on the Magix website plus all the Kraznet videos on YouTube.

I would strongly advise you to check the Samplitude "Documentation" folder and the other sources I mentioned before posting further incorrect statements.

inkwarp wrote:the worst thing is the almost total lack of good help and tutorials. it's amazing to me considering how powerful in features it is but there seems to be no desire to help customers get the most from it. that alone is really baffling... is their customer base so strong that there is no need to provide decent help?
Samp really need a good readup in manuals.

Things I found the hardest to grasp was the various editing and mouse modes you had to keep track on - to know what is affected by an edit. One would think all this talk about object editing would make what is selected to be affected, but sometimes the rest of clips after selection is affected as well.

Other things that needs readup, is the various modes of monitoring and what to choose to get the least amount of latency when recording and monitoring rest of mix. There is a onscreen table that can be showed - and it is really needed.

And context help through F1 also works in many situations.

Never fixing VST3 support for Waves made me abandon Samp.

i dealt with their poor (german!!!) support by selling my license years ago...

I just noticed on Samp forums that Magix is looking for Sequoia users in the U.S. for a U.S. support hotline on Samp and Sequoia, maybe they're listening?

That's been posted there for months.
No takers so far.
Don't ask me, I just play here.

lfm wrote:
inkwarp wrote:the worst thing is the almost total lack of good help and tutorials. it's amazing to me considering how powerful in features it is but there seems to be no desire to help customers get the most from it. that alone is really baffling... is their customer base so strong that there is no need to provide decent help?
Samp really need a good readup in manuals.

Things I found the hardest to grasp was the various editing and mouse modes you had to keep track on - to know what is affected by an edit. One would think all this talk about object editing would make what is selected to be affected, but sometimes the rest of clips after selection is affected as well.

Other things that needs readup, is the various modes of monitoring and what to choose to get the least amount of latency when recording and monitoring rest of mix. There is a onscreen table that can be showed - and it is really needed.

And context help through F1 also works in many situations.

Never fixing VST3 support for Waves made me abandon Samp.
Except that the English Samplitude manual is one of the absolute worst of any DAW.

:x

siriusbliss wrote:That's been posted there for months.
No takers so far.
:oops:

khanyz wrote:^ I removed the moron as that's probably a bit much, but US support has always been a satellite operation which was primarily for sales problems, in my experience. To sort stuff you always called Germany. It's like Steinberg but you get a response.
Yeah, Steinberg has a US number tho

I've called them twice in my life. First time, got an answer (had to wait, sure) and the guy stuck with me til I was sorted. And I was an idiot. Second time was just before 5PM (their time) eve of a big holiday, no answer but email support sorted me that day.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”