The I promise I will not buy more gear-thread (HaRd MoDe 2017)

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
robotmonkey wrote:I'm out. Bought Waves Center, one of the few plugins I have been eyeing. :dog: :cry: :help:
Isn't this your wildcard?
Oh, yeah, did not look at first page. So I'm saved. :phew: :hihi:

Though the current Waves sale is tempting, oh so tempting. Fortunately there's not many plugins there I would really want. Maybe except the PIE Compressor, HLS Channel, API 560, MetaFilter, CLA-3A and several others. Luckily most of them are just EQ's and compressors that I have well covered, so its easier to resist. But Waves Tune Real-Time for that price. It's pretty amazing and I could have some real uses for that. :cry:
No signature here!

robotmonkey wrote:So I'm saved. :phew: :hihi:
For now!

Having a fairly easy time of it right now. I get all these emails for sales, and I just go 'pffft.'

My new shoes fit great! :lol:
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Bombadil wrote:My new shoes fit great! :lol:
Put some taps on them for your wildcard...
H E L P
Y O U R
F L O W

Michael L wrote:
Bombadil wrote:My new shoes fit great! :lol:
Put some taps on them for your wildcard...
Why waste a wildcard when he could just empty his pockets? :shrug:

For now!

God damn Waves why u give me a voucher code now! :cry: :tantrum:
No signature here!

robotmonkey wrote:
For now!

God damn Waves why u give me a voucher code now! :cry: :tantrum:
That API-560 is probably as cheap as it's ever been. What a discount eh? With the coupon that's better than 90% off. Moreover, it's more than an EQ, no? It's also a modeled API transformer stage modeled in there that you can make use of without the EQ. It probably just makes a bus sound good all by itself.

Really, for $19, I don't see how you could go wrong with that one.

robotmonkey wrote:God damn Waves why u give me a voucher code now!
Resist the Waves of Temptation.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
H E L P
Y O U R
F L O W

Could I buy a one new plugin if I sell one of my existing ones? :-P
No signature here!

robotmonkey wrote:Could I buy a one new plugin if I sell one of my existing ones? :-P
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwRFvO7quMM

robotmonkey wrote:Could I buy a one new plugin if I sell one of my existing ones? :-P
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwRFvO7quMM
:hihi:
No signature here!

To clarify: the answer is "no"

However, maybe you want to reassess your motivation for doing this. There is going to be no award for making it all the way, nor is there any shame in backing out.

My motivations have shifted/morphed throughout this thing, and I've pretty much whittled it down to, "I'm doing it because I said I'd do it". While that might seem like not much of a reason for others, it's serving as a litmus test for my own personal, future success, which I believe will come as a result of 'making good' on my intentions (a.k.a self-discipline)

So, for me, it's become something much more than being thrifty.

In that sense, I can forego these no-brainers. I can, however, imagine a point where something on my wish-list turns up at a crazy price, and I may have to let it go, despite knowing that I will pay much more for the same plug the following year :shrug: (I'm anticipating it happening somewhere between November 28th and December 31st :wink: and that's why I'm clinging on to the wildcard :scared: )

I would say that if you are missing out on tons of deals for plugs you really want, then just weigh those potential savings against the year ending as a damp squib with all of us getting nothing more than a virtual pat on the back.

Of course, the alternative answer is : "This is HaRd MoDe, so MAN THE f**k UP!!!" :P

I got the 0-Coast as my wild card, happily making music and not caring what goes on in the world of music gear right now.

To be honest, I don't believe that last purchase was fully necessary but I have no regrets.

Don't give up wrestling control over your life guys. That's what I get out of this. It gets easier the longer you keep at it. :)

As my birthday approaches, it feels kind of weird to have no big ticket items on my wishlist. I got new guitars a few years in a row, a couple of them lovely Martin acoustics. This year, it will be a couple of books, blu-rays, and, given that I haven't bought a €2000+ guitar this year, a nice, leisurely vacation in Ireland. Then again, when I was last in Galway, I tried out a custom luthier-built Irish Bouzouki that made my cheap APC model seem pathetic. Don't think my wife will let me get away with a €2000 Bouzouki, though. 8)
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

---
Last edited by Chapelle on Sat Oct 07, 2023 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”