Navigating the darkness with music production.

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Proper, nasty, clinical depression makes it impossible to write any music. You have no enjoyment from it, can't concentrate and see it as worthless..along with everything else.

You could draw on the experience of it afterwards, but during it you've got f**ks chance of doing owt.

It's being so chirpy keeps me going.

^^ so true.

donkey tugger wrote:Proper, nasty, clinical depression makes it impossible to write any music. You have no enjoyment from it, can't concentrate and see it as worthless..along with everything else.

You could draw on the experience of it afterwards, but during it you've got f**ks chance of doing owt.

It's being so chirpy keeps me going.
tell me about it...

some days I don't get out of bed, let alone actually do anything productive.

vurt wrote:some days I don't get out of bed
You are Barry from The Rutles, and I claim my free pint

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAPRVcjrEjo

funky lime wrote:
jancivil wrote:I'm not trying to express anything in music. When I'm working on it, I forget about everything else, so there's that.
I can relate to this.

A recurring criticism I've received from others about my music over the last fifteen years or so is that much of it lacks relatable, emotional hooks. It's just cool or trippy sounds and chords and beats, that isn't trying to tell a story or convey any sort of emotional state or imagery. I mostly just write music I would have wanted to hear on psychedelic drugs in my twenties. It just helps me get my feet off the ground for a while.
I get people relating my music to filmic things or imagery, it's just that I usually approach it from the standpoint of sound or instruments. Or 'space', but emotions, no. Things bubble up during the work, in a more nebulous sense. I mean that instruments determine shape, instruments associate with a feel, but I don't really think about specific extramusical things.

V0RT3X wrote:Does music creation and expression help you through your daily struggles ?
What struggles?

Everything i hear in music is translated emotions. I'm a bit surprised that some don't see it as translating emotions into music. What else would it be? I guess you could program an A.I. with music theory based subroutines, and it could write you a song. It would suck big time though, because it completely would lack what music is all about. Emotions.

That's also why those asian superwonders, who can play as virtuosically as it can get, do it wrong. There is no feeling. No emotions. It's just handcraft.

Numanoid wrote:
Having met him a few times, I'd say more Tracey Emin. :scared:

donkey tugger wrote:
Numanoid wrote:
I just think it is so clever to stay in bed to dodge tax, I plan to do the same.

donkey tugger wrote:
Numanoid wrote:
I know where you live!

donkey tugger wrote:
Numanoid wrote:
Not Grayson Perry...?

AnX wrote:
donkey tugger wrote:
Numanoid wrote:
Not Grayson Perry...?
:lol:

:x :x :x

Seems vurt owes a lot of beer, mine's a Newcastle Exhibition :hyper:
Last edited by Numanoid on Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Numanoid wrote:Seems vurt owes a lot of beer, mines a Newcastle Exhibition :hyper:
its ok, I can afford it. I don't pay tax :P

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”