How many synths (soft/hard/free/commercial) are installed in/connected to your main machine? [Poll]

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion

How many synths (soft/hard/free/commercial) are installed in/connected to your main machine?

None
1%
2%
1%
1%
4%
1%
6 - 10
12%
11 - 20
21%
21 - 30
12%
31 - 40
4%
41 - 50
7%
51 - 100
16%
101 - 200
11%
> 200
7%

Total votes: 107

RELATED
PRODUCTS

So how many synths are installed/connected to your computer?

I realised that I have too many! I have some CM synths, but only three free (Synth1, Dexed and OBXD) which I plan to use in One Oscillator Challenge in case I want to participate with a free synth.

So, I have about 34 (including free synths and blofeld). If I can shorten them, probably I need mostly 11 of them only!

What about you?

Over 100

I'll answer your poll at some time in the future, but I'm going to lie.

ghettosynth wrote:I'll answer your poll at some time in the future, but I'm going to lie.
Just out of curiosity. Why would you lie?

ghettosynth wrote:I'll answer your poll at some time in the future, but I'm going to lie.
Don't be silly!

wagtunes wrote:
I always lie on KVR polls, for fun. Unless there are only two choices, then I only sometimes lie.

ghettosynth wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
I always lie on KVR polls, for fun. Unless there are only two choices, then I only sometimes lie.
Ah, okay. So if you say you have over 100 synths that means you only really have Reaktor? LOL.

Zero. I kind of despise softsynths lol.
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

do_androids_dream wrote:Zero. I kind of despise softsynths lol.
Right they suck, hardware all the way baby!

2 HW synths and 6 software ones.
dedication to flying

Fewer and fewer soft synths as time goes on. Probably no more than twenty 3rd-party synths now. Logic has almost all I need (though I dislike the GUIs on stuff like UltraBeat, EXS24, and ES2).

I enjoy some 3rd-party stuff from Korg, AAS, Native Instruments, and a very few others. Initially it was because of moving to Mac and losing my free VST collection, but I found I don't need that stuff and only was going after the novelty. The only added software that interests me is physical modeling, and we know how few of those there are.

My external synths are all digital (listed in another gear thread), so I'd like at least one real analog knobby synth. After that, I'd have zero reason to buy a sound generator. In fact, if not for OS upgrades, I'd never need to change my setup at all (except for the desire to have something like a Roli). I've not come near the point of effectively using everything I have already. I'm not greedy (nor a collector anymore).
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

3 hardware, somewhere around 50-60 software (guessing, including DAW-bundled synths, etc). I don't discriminate.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

only software, ~12
Oh wait, I have one mini pocket size korg stuff, does that count as hardware? :)

+/- 30, but it use to be WAAAYYY more, and I still think 30 is too much. Out of that 30 ones that i use in almost every track? maybe 7-10.
Eternitysound VST Banks

ghettosynth wrote:
wagtunes wrote:

So, you are part of the "pathological liars Ossotiation" Yeah, that's the ticket.......
Last edited by incubus on Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Instruments”