Power Conditioner

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just thought I'd mention how important that this has turned out to be.
I had been losing components. Even both of my 20" screens suffering a weird frazzling of their PSUs. I found that in every situation "CleanPower Stage II" or above filtering fixes the issue.
I haven't lost a single part to weird power failure since things have been plugged into it.

Agreed. Furman and Monster both make small, low-priced units with high quality filtering that you can plug power strips into. Even a cheap power strip on its own provides some degree of filtering.

I was losing stuff left and right. REALLY didn't want it to come to my musical gear burning out!

l guess it depends where you live. Here in Holland the power is so clean & reliable that power conditioners are daylight robbery.

Why not claim the damage at the power company. Or sue them? That's what Americans are supposed to do, not?
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

No, even with 'clean' and 'reliable' energy you can get zapped by a rogue fridge, freezer or other high voltage device.
Even in an adjacent apartment.
I once had a fridge that rebooted the computer when it went into it's off-cycle, until I got the fridge fixed and a UPS on the computer.

In 2002 I blew up a 4 month old Tascam TMD4000 digital mixer thanks to a lightening strike. Since then all my gear is on either UPS or mains conditioners.

You learn quickly.

Had a rough series of power problems the last year or so, thankfully the UPS + overrated PSU worked.

Blasphemy!

No, not really :hihi:

Played at a place called "the zoo" in Flagstaff a few times, always happy we had the furman when they switched on those dopey xmas lights out front :D

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”