Next Propellerhead Reason upgrade (9.5) to include VST support

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Reason 12

keel wrote:So. I've been playing around with Reason whole night. I dont normally use loops, but now I tried if some loops would fit to my beat. And what, there is no "browser preview sync to project"...?!? I can't sync my loops to my beat? Is this real? in 2017? O.o
Reason has a perfectly good warping algorithm and can sync your loops to tempo just fine (not sure about in the browser, though, but in the arrangement it can be done very easily).

superscan wrote:Please take the ReWire tech you developed, and enable Reason to leverage it's full capability and/or extend the ReWire tech more. Just like Ableton Link, the industry will quickly adopt and leverage great tech. You have that opportunity.
Well said.

Developing Rewire into the modern era, with both Reason and the other DAW hosting VST, they will gain sales, no doubt about that.

mholloway wrote:
keel wrote:So. I've been playing around with Reason whole night. I dont normally use loops, but now I tried if some loops would fit to my beat. And what, there is no "browser preview sync to project"...?!? I can't sync my loops to my beat? Is this real? in 2017? O.o
Reason has a perfectly good warping algorithm and can sync your loops to tempo just fine (not sure about in the browser, though, but in the arrangement it can be done very easily).
I mean that if I have song playing and I preview loop in browser, it doesn't sync with the project in realtime. You know... :roll:

It's Interesting they release this in a .5 update. Makes you wonder what they have in store for Reason 10? Nonetheless, this is huge. Haven't made any tracks in Reason since version 4.

Please

extend Rewire to bidirectional audio i/o finally

link Ableton Link to Rewire Transport (and outputting MMC/MTC over a multiclient "Rewire MMC/MTC" virtual MIDI output port usable by MMC/MTC only clients or simple through to Hardware ports (and a small UI widget for event visualizing)

I use Reason only and will stay in there exclusively but when people ask for VST support in slave mode this makes perfect sense to me.

But lol it is amusing to see these feature request pop up left and right. Reminds me of old times.

elektrofux wrote:I use Reason only and will stay in there exclusively but when people ask for VST support in slave mode this makes perfect sense to me.

But lol it is amusing to see these feature request pop up left and right. Reminds me of old times.
The thing about ReWire VST support in Slave mode is Propellerheads invented Rewire!
Their competition has been able to host VSTs in ReWire slave mode for years, Reason not having the level of ReWire functionality of their competition is a HUGE set back. It cripples the usability of ReWire. Personally I won't bother upgrading to 9.5 until it does. I would jump on the upgrade it if it did, it's that simple.

DubLifeSD wrote:It's Interesting they release this in a .5 update. Makes you wonder what they have in store for Reason 10?
If history is any guide, Reason 10 will include 50 new loops, they will tout it as the greatest thing since the development of digital audio, and they will charge $129 for it. Very strange company, Propellerhead.

DubLifeSD wrote:It's Interesting they release this in a .5 update. Makes you wonder what they have in store for Reason 10?
Just goes to show how vital this addition is for Props, they can't wait for Reason 10 to implement it.

Reason 9 was released late June last year. So 11 months between 9 and 10 would be too short, even for Props, I guess.

I hope reason X implements step recording, vst/au midi fx for use with numerology, ARA, and to be able to open native devices with a larger GUI.

Ableguy1 wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:tbh I'd be more interested in great REs like Parsec becoming VSTs
Sorry, but there's literally about 4 people who would ever care if an "RE" gets made into a VST.
I would probably be one of those 4 people. I would love to see a VST of Thor.

syclick wrote:I would probably be one of those 4 people. I would love to see a VST of Thor.
But Thor aint a RE as far as I know.

It is built into Reason.

Will the upgrade price system stay the same? "Fixed amount from any version to the current" and..... Same amount as before or 10 will be a more expensive upgrade?
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

machinesworking wrote:
superscan wrote:Please take the ReWire tech you developed, and enable Reason to leverage it's full capability and/or extend the ReWire tech more. Just like Ableton Link, the industry will quickly adopt and leverage great tech. You have that opportunity.
Well said.

Developing Rewire into the modern era, with both Reason and the other DAW hosting VST, they will gain sales, no doubt about that.
But people have made music perfectly fine w/o this (snotty tone)

As for "the modern era" they won't. VST isn't enough of an excuse to use it. What was great about reason was the fast self-contained music making experience. VST's = more crashing and cpu issues. They are still not optimized well any longer as it is. Not hard to get crackles and for the engine to quit because if you go over 3 bars in the meter, that's more than it can handle for a huge portion of users.

Someone owes someone money.
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”