Waldorf Largo

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Largo

Larger GUI, smaller price, would make everybody happy :party:

They already cut the price by quite a margin. Largo cost $229 initially, IIRC. Now it's 156 €, and comes with a simple serial protection. Good price for a great synth (with a lot of possibilities) IMO.

chk071 wrote:They already cut the price by quite a margin.
True, it is the KVR database that needs updating.

Does the vendor need to do that by themself, or is KVR that updates?

I think the vendor has to do that.

I love this synth, as someone said - it's got its own character. :wink: I used to love Komplexer, too, which Largo is based upon.

But one thing bothers me so much in Largo... it's that you can't save layers as patches like in Komplexer. So if you want to use all 4 outputs with 4 sounds [multitimbral mode], you have to load the initial patch and create other 3 on your own. You can't easily mix different layers like in Komplexer. Such a shame. And shame that multitimbral synths are so rare. I hate having to open another instance for every sound, especially if you only need one sound at some small part of the arrangement.

Korg M1 and Wavestation are great multitimbral synths and I use them, also Kontakt is a great multitimbral sampler, but Largo is Largo... all Waldorf synths are special for me. :tu:

I wish there were more multitimbral synths so yu can have just one instance open with multiple sounds. :( It's far less time consuming to edit and set up sounds this way.
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

DuX wrote:I love this synth, as someone said it's got its own character. I used to love Komplexer, too, which Largo is based upon.
Actually, Largo is rather based on the Blofeld, according to the developer (Wolfram Franke). And Komplexer was based on the microQ, with improved filters, i think.

DuX wrote: But one thing bothers me so much in Largo... it's that you can't save layers as patches like in Komplexer. So if you want to use all 4 outputs with 4 sounds [multitimbral mode], you have to load the initial patch and create other 3 on your own. You can't easily mix different layers like in Komplexer. Such a shame.
Largo in the Edit menu has "Copy Part" and "Paste Part" features so you could copy a part from one patch and paste it in another patch. As long as you stay in the same instance you could also first open another bank with the patch where you want to paste the Part in.

The Browser also allows loading single patches that wil be loaded to the last location opened in the current bank. You coud also drag & drop single patches to a location in the bank.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Ingonator wrote: Largo in the Edit menu has "Copy Part" and "Paste Part" features so you could copy a part from one patch and paste it in another patch. As long as you stay in the same instance you could also first open another bank with the patch where you want to paste the Part in.

The Browser also allows loading single patches that wil be loaded to the last location opened in the current bank. You colud also drag & drop single patches to a location in the bank.
Wow, so it is possible to combine layers freely! I was sifting through the Largo manual trying to find it and I couldn't. This is such good news for me! Thanks Ingo, you're a real pal. :D

@chk071 I know Komplexer is based on Micro-Q and it's also possible to load Micro-Q patches and wavetables in it. Gosh I know that synth by heart and it's so great for many things! :P Largo so reminded me of it when I saw and heard it that I immediately thought it to be a kind of "recoded Komplexer". :D So it is based on Blofeld. Interesting. I do like Q better for some reason. I'm just too oldskool, probably. :hihi: But Largo sounds pretty much like Komplexer to me and I love it. :tu:

I am a Waldorf, Oberheim, Korg and to an extent Roland fanboy and proud of it. :hihi: But not many synths released in the last 15 years do it for me except Dave Smith's synths and Eurorack modules that I cannot afford. But it doesn't matter, there's plethora of good synths to explore anyway. VSTi primarily.
Last edited by DuX on Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

DuX wrote:@chk071 I know Komplexer is based on Waldorf-Q and it's also possible to load Waldorf-Q patches and wavetables in it.
microQ, not Q. There are differences.

EvilDragon wrote:
DuX wrote:@chk071 I know Komplexer is based on Waldorf-Q and it's also possible to load Waldorf-Q patches and wavetables in it.
microQ, not Q. There are differences.
LOL yeah I meant Micro-Q. There are "some differences" indeed. :hihi: I would give my kidney for one [not, just saying.. :D]. Guess which one. :hyper:

Thanks for spotting the error! Edited. ;)

Is there a volume knob for each layer (4x)...? I dont see it on GUI screenshots...

HcDoom wrote:Is there a volume knob for each layer (4x)...? I dont see it on GUI screenshots...
Nope. I remember someone requested one too. TBH, i never use the layers anyway though.

chk071 wrote:
HcDoom wrote:Is there a volume knob for each layer (4x)...? I dont see it on GUI screenshots...
Nope. I remember someone requested one too. TBH, i never use the layers anyway though.
Wow, what an mistake from Waldorf... :? Than how do you control volume of the final patch/preset you creat? With OSCs vol knobs?

Yes there is a volume knob for the layer volume, it is to the right of the filters.
dedication to flying

Hm, i totally missed that HcDoom asked for a layer volume control. That's there of course. It's just that there's no overall output volume control.

Return to “Instruments”