Dmitry Sches Diversion 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Diversion

Coming propably 2018!!

I blurred parts of the email since.. Well he didn't mention those things he said would be a secret or anything but I asked about Diversion 2 and that can I tell anyone about it so other stuff he told, can be a teasing blur over there :hihi:
Screenshot_20170430-105904.jpg
Mentioned in another thread that I have no intention to buy software this year but seems like I'll be definitely buying software at 2018 :love:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Cool - I love the sound but not the cpu hit (or the new GUI which is hideous)

Personally I love the new GUI :D

And cpu hit isn't that awful. I can easily make a full song using only Diversion. Only part that makes a hit is that if I make an 8 voice unison pad with 8+ polyphony. I have 3.4ghz i5 quadcore.

I tend to use the more ambient patches with long releases - they eat more CPU than most of my other plugins. And for me the new gui is just ugly and in particular the central bright blue light sticks out like a sore thumb (much too bright)

aMUSEd wrote:in particular the central bright blue light sticks out like a sore thumb (much too bright)
Especially the part I like xD

Maybe you could send him a suggestion that one could adjust the brightness of the gui? :tu:

I like Diversion, such a chameleon synth. Just the filters in there can make a whole product.
aMUSEd wrote:I tend to use the more ambient patches with long releases - they eat more CPU than most of my other plugins. And for me the new gui is just ugly and in particular the central bright blue light sticks out like a sore thumb (much too bright)
It's a riddle to me how people differ in their opinion. What seams a plus to some one is a minus for another!! :)
www.solostuff.net
Advice is heavy. So don’t send it like a mountain.

Distorted Horizon wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:in particular the central bright blue light sticks out like a sore thumb (much too bright)
Especially the part I like xD

Maybe you could send him a suggestion that one could adjust the brightness of the gui? :tu:
He did say he was going to tone it down when it came out but never did

I'd rather have the original skin as an option though - much more refined and understated interface - now it's just brash

aMUSEd wrote:I'd rather have the original skin as an option though - much more refined and understated interface - now it's just brash
I didn't know there was an "original" skin - but I just saw it on youtube - and I do like it better. If Dmitry only made the ui resizable I would be thrilled, and it probably would be on my screen a lot more often, even though I do use it regularly. I also made a suggestion to have the MSEG screen include a larger pop-up option so that it's easier to step it for using it as a sequencer - it's darn near impossible to get the right half-pitch step without having an anxiety attack. This synth is pretty incredible - it's rather unique with all the sonic options that can sound really interesting by minor tweaks with the phase or filter combinations.

<delete>
Last edited by egbert101 on Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<List your stupid gear here>

aMUSEd wrote:He did say he was going to tone it down when it came out but never did

I'd rather have the original skin as an option though - much more refined and understated interface - now it's just brash
Hopefully that tone down would only be an option :S Cuz I love flashy things :D

Original skin as an option would be cool though :tu:

aMUSEd wrote:Cool - I love the sound but not the cpu hit (or the new GUI which is hideous)
Yep. I hope Dmitry lowers the CPU hit for Diversion 2. If he does, i'm all up for it. :) And i hope for a good upgrade price hehe.

Unlike others, i like the GUI BTW. Nice, clear and functional.

I've always loved the sound of Diversion and fell in love with the second GUI but never ever bought it because of the crazy CPU hit that makes it barely usable. And I use Avenger without any problem...

Can't wait for Diversion 2 !...
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

Does anyone know if there is a Tantra 2 on the way?
http://dmitrysches.com/products/tantra

DJErmac wrote:I've always loved the sound of Diversion and fell in love with the second GUI but never ever bought it because of the crazy CPU hit that makes it barely usable. And I use Avenger without any problem...
I made a simple pad. No unison, 8 polyphony, 4 oscillators, slightly modulated filter, chorus.

Then I pressed 8 keys down at the same time and cpu peaked at 4,9%. In normal playing it stayed around 2,5% and occasional visit to 3,5% - 4,9%.

Not so crazy IMO 8)

I have 3,4ghz quadcore i5.
Diversion.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

When i create a patch with Spire, 9x unison on 2 oscillators, and with a long release time, and i play some chords with it, it takes about 1/10 of a similar patch i create in Diversion. Seriously, CPU is crazy, and it would be, IMO, critical, that Dmitry works on that. Or he should just get rid of the unison feature, because it's really hardly usable, if the CPU peaks like mad. Diversion sounds great with unison though, so it's a shame that it's such a hog.

Return to “Instruments”