Which synth you are learning or sound designing for now?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

coincidental wrote:
wagtunes wrote:Of all my Kontakt libraries (and I do have some big ones that take about a minute) this one is the largest by far. The load is over 8 gig which is a good 4x plus larger than my 2nd largest library at about 1.8 gig. So the 5 minute load time actually makes sense mathematically. Still, that is a long time to load up a library.
You may have tried it already, but if you haven't then a batch resave (eg https://soundiron.com/pages/pro-tip-1-r ... load-times) does sometimes produce dramatic improvements in loading times for larger libraries.
Yep, wrote company, tried it, worked. Thanks.

Not that I'm spending very much time sound designing with it at the moment, but if I had to choose one, it's Omnisphere. I feel really comfortable in it. If I'm going to work on a new sound, Omnisphere is my goto synth. I've always wanted to learn the old version of Alchemy, but I've not spent the dedicated time I need to learn it.

ommarunn ;)
Feed The Paw

Lush101 from D16.
Trying to make for fatter / deeper sounds with its layers. Love it so far.

Nord lead 4 keyboard
Pulsar 900

I must say i really love the nord sound .
Now i am trying to learn modular synth with pulsar 900 .

ArcSyn - it really specializes in weirdness. Loads of fun.

Now, mainly Cypher 2 and Virta

masterhiggins wrote:Now, mainly Cypher 2 and Virta
Cypher 2 - what's up with it? I thought it has yet to see the light of day? or are you a beta tester?

pdxindy wrote:
masterhiggins wrote:Now, mainly Cypher 2 and Virta
Cypher 2 - what's up with it? I thought it has yet to see the light of day? or are you a beta tester?
Beta tester.

I finished reading the manual of Massive :D It was a great read and almost everything is clear to me now. The manual needs to be updated though, many minor things (labels, positions) have changed, but anyway the core info is very useful. I feel in control now for this great synth :) Still of course I need to practice, but I want to concentrate on using this synth and ... Diva.

Yes, Diva will be next. I hope the manual would be enough (as was the case with Massive). I believe Diva and Massive can cover 90% of my synthesis need. I'm so happy to have them both :D

Rcl wrote:Charlatan ...Again. Over the past year my knowledge has increased so I went back to some of the ones I started with to test out a new perspective. I am so amazed at how good this thing sounds. It almost makes me want to ask for a HW version of it. I put of some bass patches a few years ago and will be uploading a full bank soon.
Charlatan is a bass beast :troll:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Repro-1, Synthmaster 1 & LuSH-101 ...

I've been learning ACE and Bazille lately (with help from some good advice I've gotten here). I love the idea of modular synths, so I figured semi-modular was a good place to start. Bazille has been especially fun, since it has somewhat different approaches to even the typical synth parts, like its oscillators and LFOs.

Well, it's a new month and I'm toying with VirtualCZ and Prophet VS, two synths that I think don't get nearly enough love.

<delete>
Last edited by egbert101 on Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<List your stupid gear here>

Return to “Instruments”