Syntronik [update March 2018: New T-03 Bonus Content & 4-for-1 bass synth promo] available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Syntronik 1

Custom shop presents, "knob"

It's a faithful recreation of "knob" that only IK can do.

149 usd.

Yeah, try as I might I just can't get excited by another knob on the internet.

Looks like the cat's out of the bag...

https://www.jrrshop.com/ik-multimedia-syntronik
Image Image Image Image

sprnva wrote:Looks like the cat's out of the bag...

So it's a sample playback machine?

wagtunes wrote:

So it's a sample playback machine?
"...advanced sampling techniques combined with a new hybrid sample and modeling synthesis engine."

Sounds interesting to me. :)

Good detective work. Looks like something I might be interested in but only about four or five of the modules since I already have the others covered. If it's a system like Amplitube where you can buy only specific modules I might be in depending on the cost of each module.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Looks interesting...if it also sounds interesting the crossgrade's a nice price.

Okay, but is it a synth or is it a rompler or something in between?

wagtunes wrote:Okay, but is it a synth or is it a rompler or something in between?
Basically a hybrid system, so mostly something in between:

The synthesis engine is a hybrid of sampling and modeling.
1. At the core/source there is a sophisticated sampling of all of the synths/machines (including multiple round-robins of single oscillators as well as oscillator combinations including sync and FM sweeps)
2. Syntronik also includes the new DRIFT algorithm which simulates the behavior and the movement of the oscillators as they would do in the real hardware (for example, the attack is never the same)
3. Then, we modeled the filter circuitry of the most sought-after hardware to have a flexibility unmatched in sample-based synths - Moog transistor ladder, (found in the Minimoog and Modular Moog), Roland's IR3109 chip (found in the Jupiter-8 and Juno-60), the famous Curtis CEM3320 chip (found in the Prophet-5, Oberheim OB-Xa and Memorymoog) and the Oberheim SEM state variable filter.
4. You have the ability to mix and match - you can use one filter on the oscillator from another synth, etc to create combinations that do not exist directly (or with as much flexibility) in hardware form.

I hope that helps. There are some more interesting features too, but the above is a distilled version of the product information on the page that apparently has come out a touch early, so I hope it simplifies and clarifies to answer your question.

can i create my own presets? combining waveforms etc.?
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
wagtunes wrote:Okay, but is it a synth or is it a rompler or something in between?
Basically a hybrid system, so mostly something in between:

The synthesis engine is a hybrid of sampling and modeling.
1. At the core/source there is a sophisticated sampling of all of the synths/machines (including multiple round-robins of single oscillators as well as oscillator combinations including sync and FM sweeps)
2. Syntronik also includes the new DRIFT algorithm which simulates the behavior and the movement of the oscillators as they would do in the real hardware (for example, the attack is never the same)
3. Then, we modeled the filter circuitry of the most sought-after hardware to have a flexibility unmatched in sample-based synths - Moog transistor ladder, (found in the Minimoog and Modular Moog), Roland's IR3109 chip (found in the Jupiter-8 and Juno-60), the famous Curtis CEM3320 chip (found in the Prophet-5, Oberheim OB-Xa and Memorymoog) and the Oberheim SEM state variable filter.
4. You have the ability to mix and match - you can use one filter on the oscillator from another synth, etc to create combinations that do not exist directly (or with as much flexibility) in hardware form.

I hope that helps. There are some more interesting features too, but the above is a distilled version of the product information on the page that apparently has come out a touch early, so I hope it simplifies and clarifies to answer your question.
So, and forgive me if I'm simplifying this, essentially it's like a synth that, instead of using actual oscillators, uses samples of oscillators and combines this with a synth engine such as filters (such as the ones you described) envelopes, LFOs, etc that are completely programmable like any other basic synth.

Is that about the gist of it?

Caine123 wrote:can i create my own presets? combining waveforms etc.?
Yes. You can save presets that combine four synths and use the mixing and matching described above.

I'm a tad confused here. What is actually included in the initial purchase? There appears to be a lot of synth in the description, but it also states "available individually or as a collection". Does this mean that this price gives a version like a purchase of amplitube with a whole bunch of sounds greyed out until you purchase the others at the shop? Some clarification here would be good.

wagtunes wrote: So, and forgive me if I'm simplifying this, essentially it's like a synth that, instead of using actual oscillators, uses samples of oscillators and combines this with a synth engine such as filters (such as the ones you described) envelopes, LFOs, etc that are completely programmable like any other basic synth.

Is that about the gist of it?
Almost. The oscillators also use the new DRIFT algorithm for more realistic oscillator behavior and variations, and the filters are analog-modeled filters. And yes, you do have control over envelopes, LFOs, modulation, etc as you would on the synth itself. Plenty of knobs to be twiddled.
Last edited by Peter - IK Multimedia on Wed May 24, 2017 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

404 now...looks like somebody got spanked!

Return to “Instruments”