Acustica Audio still does not allow license transfers and violates European laws

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is this new or old?
http://acustica-audio.com/index.php?pag ... Itemid=189

License Transfer
By Acustica Audio in collaboration with ( Acustica Audio )
€50.00
License transfer.
Use this transaction only to transfer your license to an other user.
You must initiate the product transfer as the current owner of the product license.
The receiver of the license (transferee) cannot initiate this process.
Please read our policy here.
Payment: We accept all major Credit & Debit Card Via Paypal:

50€ for transfer? it is basicaly 40-50% of the retail price of many aqua ugins... For what?

poshook wrote:License transfer has been suspended almost 2 years ago and affects all regular customers with regularly purchased licences. Moreover Acustica Audio did not provide any adequate reason or explanation for that. Simply we can not resell our licenses and done.

:x :evil: :evil: :evil:
Yeah evil my ass. Cry to your mommy because Propellerheads are doing same thing so does other companies so what?

Now company is evil because you are not adequate to demo and try product for yourself and make damn decision for yourself? You are the one to blame for for spending money to buy things you don't have use for - in the first place.

poshook wrote:50€ for transfer? it is basicaly 40-50% of the retail price of many aqua ugins... For what?
For you. Stop acting like a child. Sell damn account in whole take. Take it or leave it. No company will change their policy because one internet nobody.

Fleer wrote:
Zaphod (giancarlo) wrote:That's an idea. We could move directly to USA though, there is a running plan about it...
Wouldn't solve the issue. If you sell to EU customers then EU consumer law applies.
Amazon knows. Apple knows. Furthermore, a high transfer fee would not solve your problem either, as this would be seen as an attempt to circumvent applicable EU legislation. The only solution would be not to sell to EU customers.
We'll check with lawyers what is applicable or not about the transfer fee... Dealing with frauds require work, we have spent in those cases an incredible amount of time, mails, phone calls
Also limiting our collateral services could be a good idea. Basically you buy a product, but the fact we provide updates or not is something on our discretion, at least on the paper. But again we need to check with lawyers, it seems Europe is creating a lot of problems and yes, the idea of stop selling in Europe is NOT so bad today, I agree. Today we have sky rocket costs in Europe due to vats and moss procedures; the intersection with PayPal which is on the customer side and reverts or blocs the transaction as soon as a customer complains something or there is a fraud is causing a lot of problems which mean work which mean money. Add a detail, most of our market is USA alone...
Last problem: we are able to understand if a transaction is risky, but there are rules about privacy and other things, which make everything a big mess.

At the moment the transfer "product" is suspended but it will back with proper rules
We moved products manually to other accounts when requested though, or we added license slots when requested, I would say we are on the customer side more often then other companies on accomplishing requests (we substituted products... sometimes we even provided products for free and so on)

An other solution could be warning the customer about possible frauds and removing licenses when they happen without helping the customer in this unfortunate case: in the long term it stabilizes the market against frauds because the customer is forced to check if the seller is not good. Also PayPal is more structured against frauds lately, I see many transactions are in "hold"' state and they are manually checking strange payments more often then in the past
Last edited by Zaphod (giancarlo) on Wed May 24, 2017 6:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Caveat emptor. How f**king rude!?!?!?! I can't believe you actually got a dev to respond to this shit.

Debutante wrote:Caveat emptor. How f**king rude!?!?!?! I can't believe you actually got a dev to respond to this shit.
That's the point.
Add a fact: the poster is complaining we didn't explain, but this is simply not true. I remember we explained it clearly many times. Our forum is public and things are explained there. About being accused of being a liar (this is the worst side) I can provide documentation about what happened, we saved all mails

poshook wrote: Moreover Acustica Audio did not provide any adequate reason or explanation for that.

This is simply false
The explanation is very clear
http://www.acustica-audio.com/forum/ind ... =viewtopic

Zaphod (giancarlo) wrote:
Debutante wrote:Caveat emptor. How f**king rude!?!?!?! I can't believe you actually got a dev to respond to this shit.
That's the point.
Add a fact: the poster is complaining we didn't explain, but this is simply not true. I remember we explained it clearly many times. Our forum is public and things are explained there. About being accused of being a liar (this is the worst side) I can provide documentation about what happened, we saved all mails
Here the explatation copy/paste from your forum from 16.6.2015:
We are forced to suspend our the license transfer policy between customers until further notice. We will accept license transfer again soon as possible.
it seems clients were frauded by other "clients" with hacked paypal accounts
We are actually protecting future clients suspending the transfer policy, so it is impossible to buy illegal copies from fraud clients.
we suspended them, they will be allowed again when possible
It is a cautelative move: paypal reverted a couple of sells coming from april.
Better if we let them investigate on their matter
if a client uses an hacked paypal account - or a stolen credit card, the example is the same - then paypal reverts it. Meanwhile if this client sold the license, the new one will LOOSE it accordingly.
We could also not delete products for first few cases, but till we dont stop this cycle, sooner or later clients will start loosing products. So till paypal will not compete the check on THEIR hacked accounts we'll block transfers.

What does it have to do with other regular customers not participated on illegal reselling? We have no responsibility for your faulty protection scheme. And if you have one-time problem, why 2 years suspension for all customers? The principle of collective guilt?

Zaphod (giancarlo) wrote:
poshook wrote: Moreover Acustica Audio did not provide any adequate reason or explanation for that.

This is simply false
The explanation is very clear
http://www.acustica-audio.com/forum/ind ... =viewtopic
I wrote "adequate" and your explanation is adequate for short break but not adequate for 2 years of suspension for all trouble-free customers

Love how people defend developers breaking laws, the whole deify the developer routine is marvelous, KVR at its finest and funniest.
Duh

Hope this developers are taken to court. Contact your local consumer protection agency and fill a complain.

Will be fun when they have to pay lawyers.
dedication to flying

Maybe there was some kind of fraud happening, but after suspending license transfers, they realized, "Hey, this isn't so bad after all!" No more lost revenue due to resale.

Who knows. I will say that I don't think this needs to be regulated by government; ultimately the market will decide if the terms of purchase are acceptable. They may lose a few sales here and there but the fanbois will keep buying no matter what (they've shown they'll put up with just about anything).

kmonkey wrote:
poshook wrote:License transfer has been suspended almost 2 years ago and affects all regular customers with regularly purchased licences. Moreover Acustica Audio did not provide any adequate reason or explanation for that. Simply we can not resell our licenses and done.

Yeah evil my ass. Cry to your mommy because Propellerheads are doing same thing so does other companies so what?

Now company is evil because you are not adequate to demo and try product for yourself and make damn decision for yourself? You are the one to blame for for spending money to buy things you don't have use for - in the first place.
You should check your facts before shooting your mouth off. When AA stopped license transfers, about two years ago, they did not have as many demos (if any) as they do now.

As well, they sold (and still possibly) sell discounted pre-release without a demo.

comfortablynick wrote:Maybe there was some kind of fraud happening, but after suspending license transfers, they realized, "Hey, this isn't so bad after all!" No more lost revenue due to resale.

Who knows. I will say that I don't think this needs to be regulated by government; ultimately the market will decide if the terms of purchase are acceptable. They may lose a few sales here and there but the fanbois will keep buying no matter what (they've shown they'll put up with just about anything).
Funny with all the companies that have license transfers AA seems to be the only one who I have heard make this claim.

As for your claim of self-regulation, you only need to look at how many companies offered license transfers prior to the EU ruling as opposed to how many do so now after the ruling to see how the market would handle license transfers.

Return to “Effects”