PSP Audioware preQursor2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
PSP sQuad

abstractcats wrote::scared: UGH! Ilok :bang: Ilok :bang: Ilok :bang: Ilok :bang:
I think it's only for the demo.
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

liquidsound wrote:
abstractcats wrote::scared: UGH! Ilok :bang: Ilok :bang: Ilok :bang: Ilok :bang:
No you are misstaken..
http://www.pspaudioware.com/plugins/equalizers/psp_preqursor2/ wrote:In order to run a plug-in in 30 day demo mode or activate the plug-in, you need an iLok user ID

Kr3eM wrote:
liquidsound wrote:
No you are misstaken..
http://www.pspaudioware.com/plugins/equalizers/psp_preqursor2/ wrote:In order to run a plug-in in 30 day demo mode or activate the plug-in, you need an iLok user ID
F*ck!
Since when! I never used any iLok so far with their products!

They lost me right there.

liquidsound wrote: Since when! I never used any iLok so far with their products!

Since 23rd of april when they released the Stompfilter 1.1.0 update IIRC. All new updates from that point will use the PACE authorization system.

...and yes they lost me as well from that point.

This is a great Eq, not quite as good sounding as the Sonimus Burnley 73
that was on sale at the same price for a bit the other day (IMHO).
Definitely worth while though. I bought both, considering I got this one
for a song with my dizcount.

-Cheers

Kr3eM wrote:
liquidsound wrote: Since when! I never used any iLok so far with their products!

Since 23rd of april when they released the Stompfilter 1.1.0 update IIRC. All new updates from that point will use the PACE authorization system.

...and yes they lost me as well from that point.
I just moved to the Apple platform and I haven't manage to install the avalanche of plugins yet.
I hope that it's only for the upgrades and I can keep the old version free of the iLok system.
I'm going tp login right now and see...

Thanks for the info.

liquidsound wrote:I hope that it's only for the upgrades and I can keep the old version free of the iLok system.
Yes you can still use your old versions as is. They just won't be updated anymore if the system compatibility breaks.

To be fair, PSP seems to be willing to make it as easy as possible to transition. They're giving 3 authorizations and are going to try and do free license transfers without making us pay the $25 PACE transfer fee. I think that's probably one of the most annoying things about PACE, personally. Last, but not least, their customer service is among the best I've ever used in the audio software world (along with u-he, Applied Acoustics, and Valhalla). That makes it more likely they'll help you out (and quickly) if you have a problem with iLok. :)

masterhiggins wrote:
liquidsound wrote:I hope that it's only for the upgrades and I can keep the old version free of the iLok system.
Yes you can still use your old versions as is. They just won't be updated anymore if the system compatibility breaks.

To be fair, PSP seems to be willing to make it as easy as possible to transition. They're giving 3 authorizations and are going to try and do free license transfers without making us pay the $25 PACE transfer fee. I think that's probably one of the most annoying things about PACE, personally. Last, but not least, their customer service is among the best I've ever used in the audio software world (along with u-he, Applied Acoustics, and Valhalla). That makes it more likely they'll help you out (and quickly) if you have a problem with iLok. :)
I was changing or upgrading my PC even twice a year (Work related reasons). Now I can finally relax with my iMac for a long time and I may even open up to authorizations...
BTW, I just love the Apple enviroment so far. Glad I'm back to it .

Yes, I just downloaded my products and it's the old system still.
Thanks.

Pleasant surprise: There are extra frequencies selectable between the indicated, fixed freqs - coolness!

And finally an 'Analog' button that doesn't add hiss :)

MogwaiBoy wrote:Pleasant surprise: There are extra frequencies selectable between the indicated, fixed freqs - coolness!

Glad to hear that you like it.. :)

pekbro wrote:This is a great Eq, not quite as good sounding as the Sonimus Burnley 73
that was on sale at the same price for a bit the other day (IMHO).
Definitely worth while though. I bought both, considering I got this one
for a song with my dizcount.

-Cheers
Preqursor doesn't have anything with Neve. PreQursor2 is more API eq with slightly different freq points and without shelves. Flat top peaks...Non resonant peaks like API EQ.

http://www.audio-hardware-emus.com

This sounds great imho. preQursor2 is a smooooooooooooth operator. :oops: :tu:

iLok is awesome. I luv, luv, luv it!!! :party:
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

stratology wrote:
MogwaiBoy wrote:Pleasant surprise: There are extra frequencies selectable between the indicated, fixed freqs - coolness!

Glad to hear that you like it.. :)
Thanks my friend! This thing is smooth and rather sweet.

So the architecture is flatter topped curves for less resonance? Is this kinda the same as having wider Q's and steeper slopes - or perhaps like that old trick where you put 2 bell curves, one just above and one just below your desired frequency?

Return to “Effects”