terra incognita [new]

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

nordickvr wrote:I find interesting all those conversations about plug-ins/synths etc.
That said, definitely appreciate hearing what one can come with using them, especially so cleverly.
Inspiring.
thank you

I mention Absynth particularly, as it seems unique to me today for this reason: the setup with the three channels, with the stereo toggle ON, simply set left, center, right combined with the capacity of all that envelope control and scaling things so that one channel does one choir, the next does another according to ranges is just phenomenal. The amount of action, of movement possible with one instance of this. It's less evident here than in the newer one 'Tundra' where it's virtually an orchestra.

jancivil wrote:
nordickvr wrote:I find interesting all those conversations about plug-ins/synths etc.
That said, definitely appreciate hearing what one can come with using them, especially so cleverly.
Inspiring.
thank you

I mention Absynth particularly, as it seems unique to me today for this reason: the setup with the three channels, with the stereo toggle ON, simply set left, center, right combined with the capacity of all that envelope control and scaling things so that one channel does one choir, the next does another according to ranges is just phenomenal. The amount of action, of movement possible with one instance of this. It's less evident here than in the newer one 'Tundra' where it's virtually an orchestra.
Listened to Tundra.
Indeed, interesting movements going on sonically speaking.
Surprising use of cymbals again.
While there (YT), I checked some other entries.
I found drum programming pretty deep and convincing.
Much attention to details.
French composers seem to find them way within your corpus (not sure about using "corpus" here. My english sucks).
Satie namely, but since you referred to him somewhere here at KVR, Varèse...
Not saying you'r not having your own voice here.
Not at all.
Anyway, lot of really great music residing there.
Last edited by nordickvr on Mon May 22, 2017 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks!

Yeah, the thing about Tundra was the overwhelming Debussy orchestra music influence.

I consider this line as French influence: Debussy, Ravel, Satie, Stravinsky, Varèse, Zappa
:D

Interesting to find Stravinsky and Zappa listed there.
I know the latter and Varèse collaborated together.
Love Stravinsky.
I know he spent some time in France...
Don't have the knowledge to seriously discuss that with you, but still, you saw them as French influences?

as a coherent line of influence, yes

Zappa wrote to Varèse when he was 15 or so and his birthday present later was the long-distance phone call to his hero. He didn't get to meet him. In the '90s before FZ died he MC'd an event of Varèse music. The recording is on Youtube.

Thank you for the precision.
Total shame on me, I saw Varèse and was thinking of Pierre Boulez.
Ouch.

aha
funny story, FZ met Boulez at a restaurant in France and Boulez was having something fancy-sounding which turned out to be "sliced nose of a cow". He offered him a sample and 'No thank you.'
Frank had a running joke about snouts his entire career (cf., his sinus problems which some doctor applied uranium or something to, as a child. "Leave my nose alone, please.").

oh, and 'corpus' is fine, it doesn't change in English funnily enough
;)

Very good indeed
Thanks for uploading Jan

thanks, kurodo

more-color-in-final-crescendo mix:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jL6BWJgZuWk
Last edited by jancivil on Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:23 pm, edited 7 times in total.

It could have been just cinematic, but it's definitively music : slow moves, bordertones, non agressive sounds. Nice.
You can't always get what you waaaant...

Return to “Music Cafe”