Syntronik [update March 2018: New T-03 Bonus Content & 4-for-1 bass synth promo] available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Syntronik 1

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
Elektronisch wrote:I have a question to IKM...if its being presented as flexible im confused why not to include these features:

1. You can turn on osc 2 but cant mix it?
2. No mod envelope. Come on even older samplers have that, and some even mod matrix (directwave). Why you didnt thought of adding these generic features? It would open much more posibilities to tweak the sound.
3. Modulate effects. Again - more possibilities.

I really think this could have much more potential and im so eager to know is it lazynes of the developer or what. It feels like you guys decided not to take an extra step to make this really a little bit more then preset machine :(
Other then that its foolish to do that even from buisiness perspective because you will loose potential customers (1 is already lost) :?
1. That is correct. It is the same as an OB-Xa and Prophet-5 with a simple on/off switch. We set the level of Osc 2 behind the scenes.

For the other questions/comments quoted above: The point continues that - as I've pointed out already, possibly more than once here - this is not at all meant to be a ground-up sound design instrument. Some in the thread may be missing the point if that's what is desired after reading and hearing what's available about Syntronik and my responses here explaining and not representing Syntronik as such a tool.

This is a collection of classic and iconic synthesizer sounds with a carefully-crafted easy-to-use interface. It is not intended for someone who wants to create infinite synthesizer sounds from scratch. We have all the parameters in the world that we could expose if we wanted to, but it would make the interface a lot more difficult to use and generally undesirable for most people. We have chosen the provide the most popular controls so users can edit our sounds quickly and easily. But (again) this is not the product for someone that wants a total control synthesizer with a mod matrix, etc.
Nicely stated.

What would be just as nice would be if folks would finally get that. No, this isn't for everybody. But I think it's going to be for a lot of people whose only interest is getting some of these sounds and being able to combine them in unique and interesting ways. The A6 alone has me straddling the fence on this one because I know that's one instrument I'm never getting near in real life. So it's tempting. If I had unlimited funds, I'd probably pick this up. But these days, money is so tight it's beyond ridiculous, so I have to be very picky with what I purchase.

Anyway, I wish you all the success in the world with this. I think it will be a big hit with the Nexus like crowd.

wagtunes wrote: What would be just as nice would be if folks would finally get that. No, this isn't for everybody.
Do you think people are stupid, of course they (we) get it? Some of us were hoping for something more modelled than sampled and now that it's clear what this is are just saying why this isn't something we are interested in any more (obviously recognising that this isn't for everybody).

aMUSEd wrote:
wagtunes wrote: What would be just as nice would be if folks would finally get that. No, this isn't for everybody.
Do you think people are stupid, of course they (we) get it? Some of us were hoping for something more modelled than sampled and now that it's clear what this is are just saying why this isn't something we are interested in any more (obviously recognising that this isn't for everybody).
Saying "hey, this isn't what I was hoping for and this is why" is a bit different than ignoring multiple replies stating EXACTLY what Syntronik is (and even stating the specific intended audience) while calling it "developer lazyness" [sic] (disguised at asking whether it is said alleged "laziness" for not implementing the features one desires).

Want it or not, I believe that nobody is stupid here but I do believe that information has been provided here, on our site, etc which should make it clear what Syntronik is and who it was created for. Said audience has been very excited for it so far, which is great, and any comments about deeper functionality have certainly been noted.

aMUSEd wrote:
Saying "hey, this isn't what I was hoping for and this is why" is a bit different than ignoring multiple replies stating EXACTLY what Syntronik is (and even stating the specific intended audience) while calling it "developer lazyness" [sic] (disguised at asking whether it is said alleged "laziness" for not implementing the features one desires).

Want it or not, I believe that nobody is stupid here but I do believe that information has been provided here, on our site, etc which should make it clear what Syntronik is and who it was created for. Said audience has been very excited for it so far, which is great, and any comments about deeper functionality have certainly been noted.
You're not the one saying "people aren't getting it". Not commenting about the other stuff.

If people were "getting it" we wouldn't have 21 pages of bitching and complaining.

If Company X comes out with a beat box and I'm not interested in beat boxes, I'm not going to rant about how I wish they made "whatever." It was clear from Peter's replies what this "thing" is and what it's not. But it didn't stop all the arguing.

So while I'm not calling people "stupid" I have to wonder just what it was they were expecting after it was explained EXACTLY what it was.

I love when companies try to hype products up,but backfires abruptly! Carry on gents,so it's a rompler sorta like Sampletank that was released awhile back right ? Just with different sounds?
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

No.

Elektronisch wrote:I have a question to IKM...if its being presented as flexible im confused why not to include these features:

1. You can turn on osc 2 but cant mix it?
2. No mod envelope. Come on even older samplers have that, and some even mod matrix (directwave). Why you didnt thought of adding these generic features? It would open much more posibilities to tweak the sound.
3. Modulate effects. Again - more possibilities.

I really think this could have much more potential and im so eager to know is it lazynes of the developer or what. It feels like you guys decided not to take an extra step to make this really a little bit more then preset machine :(
Other then that its foolish to do that even from buisiness perspective because you will loose potential customers (1 is already lost) :?
1. That is correct. It is the same as an OB-Xa and Prophet-5 with a simple on/off switch. We set the level of Osc 2 behind the scenes.

For the other questions/comments quoted above [edit - as well as for the whole "they're not calling it a rompler and not representing the product for what it is, which is completely incorrect - I've been upfront about what Syntronik is and does here and there's lots of available information elsewhere]: The point continues that - as I've pointed out already, possibly more than once here - this is not at all meant to be a ground-up sound design instrument. Some in the thread may be missing the point if that's what is desired after reading and hearing what's available about Syntronik and my responses here explaining and not representing Syntronik as such a tool.

This is a collection of classic and iconic synthesizer sounds with a carefully-crafted easy-to-use interface. It is not intended for someone who wants to create infinite synthesizer sounds from scratch. We have all the parameters in the world that we could expose if we wanted to, but it would make the interface a lot more difficult to use and generally undesirable for most people. We have chosen the provide the most popular controls so users can edit our sounds quickly and easily. But (again) this is not the product for someone that wants a total control synthesizer with a mod matrix, etc.
Actually you have dedicated mixer section on Prophet 5 to mix oscillators.

Its not about sound design but giving a bit more ability to tweak original sound maybe in some backpanel page (some synths do). Like some times you check presets and think "oh this will be perfect if i modulate the pitch with adsr/lower a bit level down of second osc". These are very common things that do not burden the user with complexity and yet gives a little extra. :)

trusampler wrote:I love when companies try to hype products up,but backfires abruptly! Carry on gents,so it's a rompler sorta like Sampletank that was released awhile back right ? Just with different sounds?
Nice and precice, exactly my thought.
___The Jepptunes___
"Accept All the Good"

Sound design for SQ8L and Alchemy

trusampler wrote:I love when companies try to hype products up,but backfires abruptly! Carry on gents,so it's a rompler sorta like Sampletank that was released awhile back right ? Just with different sounds?

Oh please....name one company that doesn't hype their product in one way or another.

JJ_Jettflow wrote:

Oh please....name one company that doesn't hype their product in one way or another.

It's called advertising. But yeah, some people don't get that either.

whats up here? why the hate against IKM atm?

1. the leak of JRR, yeah? who gives a f**k, IKM had an official date then why did people expect info before it?
a leak is not always good for marketing but still it was a chance to get a glimpse, cool!

2. they announced a Rompler and we have to wait how deep it is editable (Mod Matrix? LFOs? etc.) but we got waveforms + samples, so it's already more than "simple" ROMplers. and if someone complains those are not full synths then move along! not your product, IKM wont change Syntronik SUDDENLY in full synths........

what happened with KVR in this topic :D.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Caine123 wrote:whats up here? why the hate against IKM atm?

1. the leak of JRR, yeah? who gives a f**k, IKM had an official date then why did people expect info before it?
a leak is not always good for marketing but still it was a chance to get a glimpse, cool!

2. they announced a Rompler and we have to wait how deep it is editable (Mod Matrix? LFOs? etc.) but we got waveforms + samples, so it's already more than "simple" ROMplers. and if someone complains those are not full synths then move along! not your product, IKM wont change Syntronik SUDDENLY in full synths........

what happened with KVR in this topic :D.
What happened is what usually happens around here. You've been here long enough not to be surprised by any of this at all.

Q: If I load a Syntronik instrument into ST3, do I still have all the Syntronik features? If not, then which ones would not be available in ST3?
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

DarkStar wrote:Q: If I load a Syntronik instrument into ST3, do I still have all the Syntronik features? If not, then which ones would not be available in ST3?
I saw this question, and sent a request for a little more detail than I have at the moment (as I haven't seen this part of it fully in action as there is also an upcoming update to the SampleTank engine to support Syntronik functionality) so I'll let you know when I have more information. Thanks.

Return to “Instruments”