Adventure Sounds - Strummed Ukulele - UPDATED & EXTENDED OFFER!

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi KVR, David here. I've updated the library to V1.1 adding different key mappings and improving consistency of the samples. Also decided to extend the 20% offer until May 31st!
Check it out here!

It's a vibrant and dynamic instrument, perfect for making commercial / stock music. I put a huge amount of effort in creating a consistent sound across all chords and I think you will find that it fits well in any mix. Please have a listen to these demos I made:

https://soundcloud.com/advsounds/strumm ... ele-demo-1
https://soundcloud.com/advsounds/strumm ... ele-demo-2

Features
- 24 Major & Minor chords
- Up stroke, down stroke, muted and swipes
- 3 different key mappings for improved playability
- Over 300 samples with multiple round robins
- 48kHz 24bits & recorded in true stereo
- Switch between mono / stereo + built-in reverb control

If you have any questions / comments please get in touch!

AVAILABLE TO DOWNLOAD FOR £19.99 / $25.76 / €23.71

Version 1.1
Due to receiving some great feedback, I've created three different key mappings to suit different playing styles:

AUTO
This is the most playable mapping. It will alternate between up and down strokes automatically whilst you play, allowing you to focus on chord progressions and rhythms. Each chord change will always be a down stroke.

STRUM1
Uses the yellow keys to play up and down strokes and green/blue keys to switch between different chords. Much simpler than before!

STRUM2
Maps out all articulations over 4 octaves.

I've also decided to extend the intro offer to May 31st.

Oh and here is a review that was done before v1.1:

How would this compare to the Wavesfactory Strummed Ukulele?

Fleer wrote:How would this compare to the Wavesfactory Strummed Ukulele?
It's quite similar but I find Wavesfactory difficult to do convincing 16th notes with, I tend to have to go with a shuffle feel, otherwise the realism goes out the window.
Besides, I found that Wavesfactory is recorded a bit too loud at highest velocities - slight distortion and there's quite a peak around 300-400 hz, so I always end up cutting like 6-8 dB around those frequencies.

Having said that, I've only played briefly with Adventure sounds Ukulele, but it doesn't appear to have those issues. Otherwise, they are pretty much identical, so if you have the Wavesfactory one and are happy with that, you don't need this. But if you don't have either, I'd pick this one.

Armadillo wrote: Having said that, I've only played briefly with Adventure sounds Ukulele, but it doesn't appear to have those issues. Otherwise, they are pretty much identical, so if you have the Wavesfactory one and are happy with that, you don't need this. But if you don't have either, I'd pick this one.
Hey thanks for the kind words!
Fleer wrote: How would this compare to the Wavesfactory Strummed Ukulele?
A few things:
- I used a pick to strum with. It gives a cleaner more balanced tone.
- A lot of effort went into making each chord sound consistent.
- It's also double tracked (not stereo mic'd) so its got a broad stereo image. I like to put it in mono for intro/verse sections and switch to stereo for chorus.

Hope that helps

Thanks guys :tu:

I'm looking at ukulele libraries and came across this one which sounds really nice in the demos and Armadillo's experience tells me the Adventure Sounds library plays nicely, which from his endorsement and the demos, would have been enough for me to pick it up.

The sad part? The developer is no longer around and his site is gone (I PMed him a few weeks ago, but he hasn't checked his account in a couple of years). The takeaway? For me, it's support independent developers that make libraries and VSTs we get so much pleasure from. This dev seemed to have created a really nice library and priced it at a very reasonable price point.

eDrummist wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:44 pm I'm looking at ukulele libraries and came across this one which sounds really nice in the demos and Armadillo's experience tells me the Adventure Sounds library plays nicely, which from his endorsement and the demos, would have been enough for me to pick it up.

The sad part? The developer is no longer around and his site is gone (I PMed him a few weeks ago, but he hasn't checked his account in a couple of years). The takeaway? For me, it's support independent developers that make libraries and VSTs we get so much pleasure from. This dev seemed to have created a really nice library and priced it at a very reasonable price point.
He sold the library at a 'pay what you want price' at the end of 2017. I think he shut the doors after that.
Probably won't work, but you could try contacting him at info@advsounds.com.

In the time since this thread was started, I actually went and bought a real Ukulele. They are considerably easier to play than guitars, so maybe give that a try, if you have no luck contacting him.
Otherwise Wavesfactory is pretty good, although I've found the 2 dynamic layers a bit too limiting.

Thanks, Armadillo. I appreciate all of the insights. Very helpful.

Always sad to see stuff close, but if anybody wants a new uke library, wait a few weeks. Tofuto have one that was already sold in physical form at an expo already as a beta, so it should be ready soonish and probably under $50 full price. Which, yeah, will get you a cheap real-world uke, too.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”