Your next guitar?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

this is a benefit of tunings that are based a step lower than standard starting with "D" (not drop "D"). Higher action can give you better tone, of course slacker strings alter the tone but they are also easier to play. I'm not saying always play in such tunings but I'll never understand why some many guitar players refuse to see all the reasons for alternate and open tunings and just stick with standard :shrug:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Hink wrote:drop "D"). Higher action can give you better tone, of course slacker strings alter the tone but they are also easier to play.:
True. Too many want silly low action. If you are soft picker/shredder you will get away with lower action but otherwise you loose some tone with too low action. Not to mention fret buzz. It's always a compromise, the action/playing style. The same is true, if you have the pickups too high you loose dynamic. That's why I always adjust my neck and action myself. No one else know how I want my guitars.

The dilemma:

If you keep your guitars out, they get crusty and dusty pretty easy. Guitar cases (hard cases) obviously help quite a bit, but it's not very good in the "pick up and play/compose/etc" department.

BTW, GIG BAGS DON'T HELP! ;) sorry for shouting but they DON'T COUNT, my stuff in gig bags are as cruddy as leaving them out.

So, anyone have any thoughts? I put a sheet over the stuff sitting out but it only helps a tiny bit.

I am NOT buying this, but is it not beautiful?

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/ ... ric-guitar

I'm thinking about this as an accessory:

http://reunionblues.com/product/248/rbx ... nd-holds-5

Love the swivel for insert/grab! :love:

I can play with amazing dynamic range using a low action light gauge string setup. Granted I don't have the pups jacked up to the point the magnets are pulling down the strings. Yep, pop/jazz/fusion/melodic player.

Regarding guitars getting crusty. Yup I agree. Also for some reason the zippers always snap on my gig bags. What would be nice is a plexiglass frame where you could see the instrument and yet it wouldn't be susceptible to dust etc.
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

I know.....Not a guitar.

I just pulled the plug on an artiphon instrument 1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMFHjmMAb7A

expect delivery in a week maybe more (from UK)
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

Just ordered the Emerson kit for my p-bass. Will be interesting considering how good the strat version was and if it makes a diff.

incubus wrote:Just ordered the Emerson kit for my p-bass. Will be interesting considering how good the strat version was and if it makes a diff.
:)

So my wife likes to look at the local sales on Facebook including guitars .... Les Paul Standard Heritage Sunburst $960 .... So I felt this was a steal so now I gotta a new guitar , probably needs a setup and some strings ... It buzzes a tad in some places action seem real low , probably a tad too low . Anyways holy cow never thought I'd ever own a real classic type of electric guitar , the guy has like 3 Les Paul's , I guess he now has 2 after today. . He says he was real fond of the goldtop he has .

Please post some recordings of the Artiphon Mike...congrats,
looks like a quality item

Can we get a photo of the LP fedexman?
enjoy it- I have a neat one, it has been dropped real hard by a previous owner though

Thanks.

incubus wrote:I'm thinking about this as an accessory:

They make versions of those with covers ... like putting guitars in a big case. That way they are covered, and it's easy to get 4 + guitars out by opening just one case.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

SJ_Digriz wrote:
incubus wrote:I'm thinking about this as an accessory:

They make versions of those with covers ... like putting guitars in a big case. That way they are covered, and it's easy to get 4 + guitars out by opening just one case.

That's what I've needed for ages. Not so much now as I'm down to three guitars and that's where it will stay.

I had mine on a wall hang system for about 1 month, then we moved :(

Now I'm in a room that those multi stands are the ticket.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”