Trouble in Reason paradise

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

EvilDragon wrote:
#rob wrote:There is a dedicated dialog page in our Windows installers that asks where to put the .data folders. Just the .data folders. If the user picks a directory inside C:\Program Files\, they'll get a warning message about their choice.
Simply disallow the Next button until something other than Program Files folder is chosen. I've seen some installers do that.
That's already the case... I wonder if this is what changed in Win10, maybe the installer doesn't *know* anymore that its installing into Program Files, i.e. some naming convention might have changed...

OK lemme check it...

No, it still works. Pops up a warning if folder is within Program Files WHEN you click Next, but doesn't let you go to next step. This on W10. Hmm! So how are other people managing to let that happen? :/

Naming convention of Program Files didn't change. And if it were, if you used an environment variable in the installer (like %PROGRAMFILES%), it would still work. And I bet you're already doing that. :)

I use Win 10 and I can see a folder that I think is a default one under, C:\users\public. This "public" folder is not created by me for sure. Perhaps the installer can point the u-he data files to that folder by default (C:\users\public\u-he) and let the installer create the u-he folder there?

I was done with re-installation of my u-he synths 2.00am this morning :P ..but I won! Everything works. Now I just have to repeat the process on the computer at work :D
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

Ideally you put data that ought to be modifiable by every normal (non admin) user of the machine somewhere like x:\musicdataorwhatnot\u-he\instrumentname\

Return to “u-he”