log files

Official support for: mutools.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

My MuLab folder is getting allot of Log 20---- Txt files in it . Before I did anything that may upset MuLabI thought I'd ask here, so is it Ok to put them into a folder and call it "old logs" and just keep the latest Log?

Normally each log file is deleted when MuLab quits. Only when there are errors the log files is kept. So are there errors in those log files? If yes please email me them. To answer your question: It will never hurt MuLab if you delete the log files.

Where would you Like me to send them, the infodesk email ?

Yes that's fine, thx.

I have too lots of logfiles in MUX. I get error messages, but i see no wrong function. such as this stand at end of file

21:58:49:492 Error VstPlgnMngr[1115] Xpand!2_x64
21:58:49:493 Error VstPlgnMngr[1115] AGML2
21:58:49:493 Error VstPlgnMngr[1115] AGML2
21:58:55:788 Error VstPlgnMngr[1115] Xpand!2_x64
21:58:55:788 Error VstPlgnMngr[1115] AGML2
21:58:55:788 Error VstPlgnMngr[1115] AGML2
21:59:22:971 IWindow[415]
win 10 64 22H2 intel i5 8600K (6*3.6 GHZ) 32 GB Ram

The VstPlgnMngr[1115] error indicates that the vst plugin is doing an invalid thing, it calls 'setParameterAutomated' from a non UI thread which is not conform the VST 2 SDK. The name of those VST plugins is mentioned in the error log so you can avoid them if you want.

@heks: Thx for the log files you emailed.

Error VstPlgnMngr[1342] which is a similar case as the VstPlgnMngr[1115] error, but maybe i'll add a workaround for that case.

Error VstEdtr[197] means that a VST reports it cannot open an editor. A pure VST error outside MU control.
In M8 the name of the VST will be added tot the error so to make things more clear.

The OLC[71] error i can't comment in detail on that atm, i need to be able to repeat it, but it seems related to VSTs as well.
Is it only happening with Kontakt? Anyway i've taken note about this one and will try to reproduce it at some later point.

Thanks for the feedback Jo. Kontakt sometimes freezes, it seems to be when browsing through presets. I've had problems with waves plugins in P&M chainer bringing MuLab down, but I've recently updated chainer and hope its fixed. If not I'll contact P&M suport.

Not sure if I've altered anything, but my Log txt's are saving outside of the "Log txt's" folder . Any ideas ? It's not a problem I'm just a bit anal about keeping things tidy on the Pc it's easy to get things lost in clutter.

mutools wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:48 pmOnly when there are errors the log files is kept. So are there errors in those log files?
I never knew that, I've just always deleted them! :oops:

Is it possible to get errors without being informed?
I ask because I very rarely get them, yet I have five log files last week that I deleted.

sl23 wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:53 pm
mutools wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:48 pmOnly when there are errors the log files is kept. So are there errors in those log files?
I never knew that, I've just always deleted them! :oops:

I ask because I very rarely get them, yet I have five log files last week that I deleted.
I get them quite a lot, but I do like to do things differently :dog: :wink: :oops:

heks wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:10 am Not sure if I've altered anything, but my Log txt's are saving outside of the "Log txt's" folder . Any ideas ? It's not a problem I'm just a bit anal about keeping things tidy on the Pc it's easy to get things lost in clutter.
Are you saying the MuLab log files do not come in the MuLab folder? In which folder do they appear?

sl23 wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:53 pm I never knew that, I've just always deleted them! :oops:
Yes, see the "Alert Error Level" preference.

mutools wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:13 am
heks wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:10 am Not sure if I've altered anything, but my Log txt's are saving outside of the "Log txt's" folder . Any ideas ? It's not a problem I'm just a bit anal about keeping things tidy on the Pc it's easy to get things lost in clutter.
Are you saying the MuLab log files do not come in the MuLab folder? In which folder do they appear?
I made a folder on a extra drive (K) and put Mulab.exe plus all its associated folders and licence into it. It used to store all the logs in the Log txts folder but recently (can't remember how long ago) writes them one level up, outside the txts folder at the same level as Mulab.exe.

The expected place for the log files indeed is in the same folder as MuLab.exe.

Return to “MUTOOLS”